Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I don't understand any of this.

Free Nooner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
free drad_bert

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

yes but I only drew the avatar and begged him not to set his regdate in the future and make modified voice recordings which he was planning on posting everywhere for gently caress knows why

This is delicious

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I'M AN ACTUAL ROBOT SENT FROM THE FUTURE TO ROCK MOD YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

zen death robot posted:

You really are mad about mods

maybe because they keep banning the good posters while secretly setting up nutty people like Windows 98 to be mod :shrug:

edit: or, you know, Aatrek

yes but I only drew the avatar and begged him not to set his regdate in the future and make modified voice recordings which he was planning on posting everywhere for gently caress knows why

oh God

tell us more

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Cuckoo posted:

Can I ask you/Applewhite what the gently caress you mean by "backstory"? Did W98 commission pages of loving lore for a fictional mod persona or something?

I'm guessing he wanted a fake history for this robomod that didn't include "nearly beat someone to death with a shovel"

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Jail paul_soccer

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OctoberBlues posted:

Jail paul_soccer

can't, laws dont apply to me

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

that is goddamned amazing

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

*saying tane in auto-tuned voice*

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

poo poo we got loving deprived of the ultimate multimedia modding experience over here.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Uh oh

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

goddamn I've been shitposting wrong this whole time

I should have just assembled a team of actual funny people to make posts for me

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
This would have never happened if the PM system had a gun.

What exactly happened?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

that's all i got, i wasn't trusted with the whole backstory

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

CharlestonJew posted:

You mean there are people who -don't- outsource their shitposts?!

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Robomod is a robot sent from the year 2516 to mod SA as penance for almost killing another robot with his digging laser. Totally a real robot, listen to these voice clips, also he tends not to post in Windows 98 threads because he's intimidated by how handsome and clever Windows 98 is

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

You should have made your post play the Eagles song Get Over it.

It's what Windows 98 would have done. :colbert:

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

*reading a list of DGSW posts with macklemoore playing in the backround*

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I am genuinely curious as to why it was ever thought that making w98 a mod would be a good idea

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Make me mod and I will make the act of modding GBS into a musical. Every probation will be accompanied with a four-minute song written by the best in Broadway while my crack team of Hollywood writers craft my continuous story of my problematic journey of moderating shitposts on an internet forum.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

can you add a feature to the forums that reads all our posts out loud in a robot auto tune voice

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

you personally do a fine job untangling the nightmare mess of code that Radium bequeathed to us, I will say that, but

keeping the technical aspects of the forum working and improving should be the extent of the modding mandate, not "enforcing their vision" for GBS or whatever the gently caress, which is idiotic

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Zen death robot:

If death is a preferable alternative to communist, is communism a preferable alternative to being an admin?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
The admin in charge of radium's toilet, no less.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Sharzak posted:

I am genuinely curious as to why it was ever thought that making w98 a mod would be a good idea

He made a lot of effort to seem like a decent dude to people who weren't familiar with what he's actually like.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

hah hah holy gently caress

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
Why do people have a "vision" for GBS anyway?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Digital Fingers posted:

He made a lot of effort to seem like a decent dude to people who weren't familiar with what he's actually like.

he's a less retarded but way more violent moridin

hahaha

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Well poo poo. Now I'm kinda sad he shot himself in the dick so early. I would have liked to see where things would've gone.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

4outof5 posted:

There's no better real estate to buy than dead gay forums. Why, with a bit of elbow grease, it'll be like brand new!

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

4outof5 posted:

My vision for GBS is a modless wonderland where poo poo posting trends are guided by the invisible hand of the free posting market

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

I'm the photos of photobob looming in the background

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
thank god

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

zen death robot posted:

Everyone who has commented on moderation is hereby disqualified from being a mod

good

I applaud this decision

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

zen death robot posted:

Everyone who has commented on moderation is hereby disqualified from being a mod

Everything in moderation, including moderation.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

CharlestonJew posted:

Shitposting comes from.the heart. It cant be made in committee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

zen death robot posted: