Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

But wouldn't that mean joining the LRM Ppc Gauss crowd, only voting for Fox Only, No Items, Final Destination?

Nobody should do that. I shall stay in my brawling mediocrity of not torso twisting for damage mitigation good sir!

Though playing other games is a good choice too. I'm thinking to DOS it up on MURRICA's birthday with some Shadowcaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koboje
Sep 20, 2005

Quack
If a bunch of goons are organized and skilled at anything they can hardly be considered goons.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Koboje posted:

If a bunch of goons are organized and skilled at anything they can hardly be considered goons.

how dare you impugn our tactical shitposting.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

Freakazoid_ posted:

a mere 4 pages in, friend.

and yeah the chargeback was an excuse.

Great Beer posted:

The chargeback ban was her original excuse but never actually happened.

Oh, thank you both.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib
After a lengthy discussion with my old friend Riyott, he has decided to step down as Dear Leader. He does not have much time nor motivation to play these days. He has appointed me as the new Dear Leader of WOL. You may now bow to your new overlord and protector of all MWO goons.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
how come i get the 3-man premades who get 0-4īd every match, but play against the 4-man premades who score 4-0 all the time?

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

johntherussian posted:

After a lengthy discussion with my old friend Riyott, he has decided to step down as Dear Leader. He does not have much time nor motivation to play these days. He has appointed me as the new Dear Leader of WOL. You may now bow to your new overlord and protector of all MWO goons.

He may be a bastard, but Eternal Leader's blood flows through his veins. May he forever reign as Dear Leader.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Question: can I get a bunch of free Mech Bays by picking Loyalist for a faction, hitting rank 2, switching to a different faction, rinse and repeat? Or do you lose the loyalty rewards when you desert? If the answer is "yes, you can", is that the best way to go about it?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
loving rear end yeah! Just beat the gently caress outta one -MS- 4man premade.
Ok, it was freaking close cause the enforcer aimed in the general direction of where the last one might have been some days ago, but he cored him before he lost his second leg which was red already, but a win is a win.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

NihilCredo posted:

Question: can I get a bunch of free Mech Bays by picking Loyalist for a faction, hitting rank 2, switching to a different faction, rinse and repeat? Or do you lose the loyalty rewards when you desert? If the answer is "yes, you can", is that the best way to go about it?

You used to do this without penalty but they added a ten match waiting period where nothing counts, and a cooldown after you leave.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I hope someone writes a little guide on doing that sort of thing so it can be put in the OP for the TL:DR crowd. I, for one, would like to know more.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Grognan posted:

You used to do this without penalty but they added a ten match waiting period where nothing counts, and a cooldown after you leave.

Do scouting matches count for the ten-match period, or do you have to go the full invasion route?

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

TheParadigm posted:

Do scouting matches count for the ten-match period, or do you have to go the full invasion route?

Prrrobably do, haven't had occasion to try though

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

TheParadigm posted:

They do.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Why does my friend tab flash after every match even if absolutely nothing's going on there? It's SUPER annoying.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

NihilCredo posted:

Why does my friend tab flash after every match even if absolutely nothing's going on there? It's SUPER annoying.

Friend invites probably, as long as theres pendings its flashing.
Its super annoying, i fuckn hate blind invites.
You will get used to it.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The friend tab flashes after games because the message of the day keeps popping up every time. It's a "feature."

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
All of these Higby's Heroes posts are really bad, whether you take them to be ironic or not.

Anyway I kind of like this Nova. Haven't even gotten my basics on it.

Can you believe that unit tag wasn't taken?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Okay what the gently caress, so in Invasion mode you do NOT win or achieve anything at all by destroying the Omega cannon? It's just an utterly pointless decoration and it's actually 100% just regular deathmatch? What the loving Christ, this is absolute :psyduck: even for :pgi:

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money
Best of luck riling up the 800 remaining dads and school shooters who play MWO. It's not too difficult, so even you guys should be able to pull it off.

o7

Scoops
Nov 22, 2005

Just remember that saying 'bofa' is a bannable offense.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

NihilCredo posted:

Okay what the gently caress, so in Invasion mode you do NOT win or achieve anything at all by destroying the Omega cannon? It's just an utterly pointless decoration and it's actually 100% just regular deathmatch? What the loving Christ, this is absolute :psyduck: even for :pgi:

This only applies for Counterattack. Regular attack and defense is decided by Omega.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The whole point of counterattack is that the cannon has already been blown up, so shooting it more is kinda dumb. In the normal attack mode, yes, blowing up the cannon ends the game.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
So wait, riyott leads these higby pubbies? Lol he's a pretty good shot but garbage at tactics and impatient. My favorite memory of him is me telling the group to hang out and form a firing line on the saddle and he charged over then yelled at us because we didn't support him and rage quit.

So I guess congrats to hh on being bitch babies top to bottom!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Random Number posted:

So wait, riyott leads these higby pubbies? Lol he's a pretty good shot but garbage at tactics and impatient. My favorite memory of him is me telling the group to hang out and form a firing line on the saddle and he charged over then yelled at us because we didn't support him and rage quit.

you dont understand though, they're going to show us all up by winning $1,000* CAD even though all the teams they've beaten so far have been nobodies.

*about five dollars in real money

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
i wish i could promote your team on the official MWO radio chat twitter aggregator, but they've restricted it to NGNG and MWO accounts only for some reason

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam
I don't understand why PGI increased the size of the Firestarter. (but decided not to even touch the Arctic Cheetah?)
I don't understand why PGI increased the size of the Panther. (the loving Panther...)
I don't understand why PGI decreased the size of the locust to almost comical levels. (seriously just compare it to literally any other mech.)
I don't understand why PGI decided to make a new minimap. (who the gently caress even asked for this!?)
I don't understand why PGI decided to gently caress up Frozen City. (RIP best map in the game, thanks)
I don't understand PGI. Please loving kill me.:pgi:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Random Number posted:

This memory reads drunk Riyott all over it.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I never encountered him in sober state then because he was always like that.

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.

johntherussian posted:

Higby's Heroes is a hardcore gay Christian roleplaying outfit from Planetside 2. We are now the premier goon MWO comp team, and are in the process of claiming the #1 title in the MWO2016 tournament. All while professing our undying love to the very beautiful MWO CM Tina Benoit.

Edit: The disorganized skill-less rabble in this thread can hardly be considered an actual group. Higby's Heroes takes great pride in their MLG style gameplay.

You will not defeat Smokejays

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

johntherussian posted:

Wait what? Who are you, girl is doing just fine, leave us alone.

Come punch yourselves in the dick with us, we've actually won our last 2 invasions. We've figured out the formula. most people playing on a planet that doesn't have long toms = win.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Holy poo poo most damage done assists are my last objective I need for scouting missions. This sucks.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
can someone explainw hat is goin on here? I thought thetre was a world champtionship goin gon

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
So, there's a magical place in MWO. It's called "Tier 5".

Tonight I was messing around in Tier 5 solo queue with this robot. Despite my Hunchback's somewhat inspired build, I somehow ended up alone against 2 enemy robots with my entire team spectating me. At least one of the enemy robots was an Arctic Cheetah. I waddled over to the enemy base, and somehow this happened:

Tier5SoloQ.JPG

Tier 5 is amazing. Oh Seven!

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Blackdog420 posted:

I don't understand why PGI increased the size of the Firestarter. (but decided not to even touch the Arctic Cheetah?)
I don't understand why PGI increased the size of the Panther. (the loving Panther...)
I don't understand why PGI decreased the size of the locust to almost comical levels. (seriously just compare it to literally any other mech.)
I don't understand why PGI decided to make a new minimap. (who the gently caress even asked for this!?)
I don't understand why PGI decided to gently caress up Frozen City. (RIP best map in the game, thanks)
I don't understand PGI. Please loving kill me.:pgi:

Rescaling was a very PGI thing to do. It normalized mech volume to mass (because I guess every mech is perfectly consistent in density for some reason), and made a bunch of numbers on a spreadsheet look nice. It didn't fix half of the mechs it was meant to fix, though, because the Griffin and Awesome aren't any smaller now. It also hosed around with a bunch of random mechs in the process, making a bunch of lights bad but some middle-weights better. It was a shitload of work to do nothing to improve anything.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Cease to Hope posted:

Rescaling was a very PGI thing to do. It normalized mech volume to mass (because I guess every mech is perfectly consistent in density for some reason), and made a bunch of numbers on a spreadsheet look nice. It didn't fix half of the mechs it was meant to fix, though, because the Griffin and Awesome aren't any smaller now. It also hosed around with a bunch of random mechs in the process, making a bunch of lights bad but some middle-weights better. It was a shitload of work to do nothing to improve anything.

Basically everything but the lolcust and catapult got bigger. :pgi: used this as a way to fix all their terrible hitboxes and act like they were doing things. None of this poo poo matters since the game is still boring team death match and unless there is an event or other drunk retards to play with this game is trash. Thank god I refunded my penis hawk preorder. Will not give these pieces of poo poo another dime until they string Paul up.

Heh likely to eat a ban in game for calling out the cheaters in community shitfighting.

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jul 5, 2016

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Is the VND-1AA good? The trial version convinced me to get one and I've been running basically the same weapon loadout of 2PPCs and a Med pulse laser. I'm not a very good player and don't know how much dmg is good. I'm having fun at least but I'd like to know if I'm using a lovely mech.

johntherussian
Nov 12, 2012

Fallen Rib

Random Number posted:

You seem to misunderstand the situation. Riyott is NOT the leader of Higby's Heroes. Cpt Murphey is the space dad of the regular unit. I am the captain of the MWO2016 tournament team, and the brilliant strategist responsible for all our team wins. Riyott was so impressed with our superior tactics that he decided GIRL would be best off left in our hands while he takes an extended break from multiplayer gaming.

johntherussian fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jul 5, 2016

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I left my heart in San Benoit :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

johntherussian posted:

You seem to misunderstand the situation. Riyott is NOT the leader of Higby's Heroes. Cpt Murphey is the space dad of the regular unit. I am the captain of the MWO2016 tournament team, and the brilliant strategist responsible for all our team wins. Riyott was so impressed with our superior tactics that he decided GIRL would be best off left in our hands while he takes an extended break from multiplayer gaming.

You seem high on your own farts, I rec turning on the fan in your mech.

• Locked thread