Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
july
This poll is closed.
j 45 20.27%
u 54 24.32%
l 48 21.62%
y 75 33.78%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guy Mann posted:

Everything about this.

What an amazingly original observation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cardboard Box A posted:

YOSPOS is right. This is our dark dystopian cyberpunk future. We're living in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8fU2QG-lV0

Kids bet their parents' money via cyber gambling on cyber gun textures on cyber sites run by cyber celebrities famous for making cyber videos where they promote their cyber gambling sites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daecEcd2QqU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Why didn't they just fly the Eagles straight to Mount Doom?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dr. Fetus posted:

I remember seeing the comic a few months ago and thought that the art was getting worse. I'm surprised that it kept doing that. That hair doesn't even look like hair anymore.

It looks like he's wearing an oversized novelty hat at a jaunty angle.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tPLibNqNeE

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

imagine if that pbf about the gun voltron was two guys in flat composition talking about how the bullet mech has the worst job

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Sakurazuka posted:

What an amazingly original observation

Why don't they make the entire Voltron out of the stuff they make the black box out of?

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
It is the future, and it is now an officially sanctioned activity to stream yourself eating on Twitch. The FAQ is amazing

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

oddium posted:

imagine if that pbf about the gun voltron was two guys in flat composition talking about how the bullet mech has the worst job

They're also just walking through the void and not actually in any kind of location.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

muscles like this? posted:

I haven't read the comic in years but someone posted a recent one in another thread and I couldn't believe how ugly the art was. It's kind of hard to describe Gabe's head situation where instead of hair he has this bizarre stylized shape just vaguely attached to the head. Also a couple of years ago for some reason he decided that everyone's teeth should just be one piece and bucktoothed.

The teeth are some of the worst parts. The eldritch abominations I have seen from some of the most recent strips are things of nightmares. Sometimes he exaggerates their crookedness and length to show how distraught the characters are, but ultimately they just look like escaped mental asylum patients bent on scaring the poo poo out of anyone too ignorant to get close. The red noses stuff is annoying and just needs to stop because it doesn't actually add anything to the drawing but an unnerving atmosphere. The hair is the part I'm least bothered by, but that doesn't mean I don't notice it- there are many frames where Gabe's hair is twice the size of the rest of his head.

But jesus god those teeth, those teeth

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Cardboard Box A posted:

YOSPOS is right. This is our dark dystopian cyberpunk future. We're living in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8fU2QG-lV0

Kids bet their parents' money via cyber gambling on cyber gun textures on cyber sites run by cyber celebrities famous for making cyber videos where they promote their cyber gambling sites

Did things ever get this bad in TF2, back in the days when it's popularity was at the peak? I remember seeing that certain items would go for a good amount of money when trading/sold but they never had like, Stupid Levels of high value like these loving knives have.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

well russians were laundering money through key sales

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Because of markiplier and Jim Sterling I picked up Rocket League

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

smell this posted:

Because of markiplier and Jim Sterling I picked up Rocket League

Why do you watch markiplier?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Counterpoint: Who cares?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Guy Mann posted:

Everything about this.

I enjoy pennyarcade comics.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The smart thing is to play video games but not watch, read or listen to anything video game related

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Help Im Alive posted:

The smart thing is to play video games but not watch, read or listen to anything video game related

This helpful message is basically unreadable under its own guidance.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
From a few pages back:

Grapplejack posted:

l4d2 was totally mismanaged, so i'm not surprised

Do you have any more info on this? I've always had this suspicion about it (Rochelle being, like, four different designs along the way), but no actual horror stories.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Tenzarin posted:

This helpful message is basically unreadable under its own guidance.

Ok read it THEN put it into practice.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Golden Goat posted:

Why didn't they just fly the Eagles straight to Mount Doom?
I don't understand this question because it's explained like six times. Frodo has to take the ring to Mount Doom because anything too obvious or anyone too powerful is going to attract Sauron's attention, and Sauron's powerful enough to just take the eagles out of the sky. This is why half of the last book is one big decoy while two hobbits sneak around the back: they're the only ones that are beneath Sauron's notice.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Tomb Raider (2013) is really good. Again. Still. I played it on a roommate's ps3 back when it came out, but now im playing the definitive edition on ps4. I can't wait for the new one. I hope it actually comes out on ps4.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Lurdiak posted:

It's scientifically proven that having kids makes you way less funny. Medical experts want to dissect Louis CK to learn how he has avoided this fate.

Ehh, they're plenty of funny people who didn't get less funny when they had kids. I think its a less of a kids thing and more of a "well I am totally an adult now" thing which can be trigger by many things including kids.

ie, Justin McElroy in fact became funnier once having kids.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Hello Wii U thread. Miyamoto says you should definitely check out Star Fox Zero it's really underrated but Pikmin 3 is cool too.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Penny Arcade was always but it's also gotten much worse. Every time I look into it in amazed how pretty every aspect had gotten much worse worse since the last time I saw it. Like that one posted is pretty much CAD quality

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I don't even really like Starfox when it s good so I doubt I'll ever check out Zero which really doesnt look very good

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Alien Isolation is terrifying. Me IRL the whole time I'm playing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHAgFhNGbo0

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why doesn't game about music Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE let you hear the game audio using headphones

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Help Im Alive posted:

Why doesn't game about music Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE let you hear the game audio using headphones

It's a good question. Splatoon at least allowed you to channel the audio through the gamepad audio jack. I guess Atlus was still new to the concept.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

axleblaze posted:

I don't even really like Starfox when it s good so I doubt I'll ever check out Zero which really doesnt look very good

The lack of on rails boss fights is a bummer and the gyrocopter is weirdly underused but the controls are so good and most of the levels are really cool so it's probably this goon's favorite star fox

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Looper posted:

The lack of on rails boss fights is a bummer and the gyrocopter is weirdly underused but the controls are so good and most of the levels are really cool so it's probably this goon's favorite star fox

:yeah:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I threw someone in jail for stealing 2 coins from me and hung two peasants for murder when a serial killer actually did it in CKII. I'm a good king.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Did things ever get this bad in TF2, back in the days when it's popularity was at the peak? I remember seeing that certain items would go for a good amount of money when trading/sold but they never had like, Stupid Levels of high value like these loving knives have.
You have to see how crate opening works in CS:GO. It's literally a slot machine that shows you what you just barely missed getting. It's basically designed to develop gambling habbits or attract gamblers so having people ride this idea out is the next logical step.

I mainly just can't believe that Gabe managed to put his knife collecting hobby into a game and then proceeded to make it so big that people are ruining their lives with it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Here's a CK2 pro-tip: force your sons to marry your daughters to ensure a pure bloodline, and imprison everyone with a negative opinion of you for they are part of The Grand Conspiracy

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've returned to The Witcher 3 after spending a moment to read up on the background lore and stuff, and I like it and it's good but I kind of wish someone made a game like it, with similar political themes, only set it in the real world.

Like, Final Fantasy Tactics would have been better if it were just literally the War of the Roses, IMO. And The Witcher 3 would be more interesting to me if it were just literally the Napoleonic Wars or whatever it's trying to crib

Edutainment is the name of the game!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Jay Rust posted:

I've returned to The Witcher 3 after spending a moment to read up on the background lore and stuff, and I like it and it's good but I kind of wish someone made a game like it, with similar political themes, only set it in the real world.

Like, Final Fantasy Tactics would have been better if it were just literally the War of the Roses, IMO. And The Witcher 3 would be more interesting to me if it were just literally the Napoleonic Wars or whatever it's trying to crib

Edutainment is the name of the game!

CivilizationEDU should be just right for you, then.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Every year I reinstall SWAT 4 and get ready for some tacticool action, and then very quickly remember why I stopped playing it the last time. Your AI partners are suicidally incompetent, which will lose you points when they run around a corner into an enemy. And oh my god the ridiculous damage system, you'll unload your shotgun into an unarmoured enemy's back just for them to do a 360 and kill you with one shot.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
The Ghost Hunter challenge in Tomb Raider went from "lol this is so easy, these thing are just hanging everywhere" to "oh my loving god its been 3 hours where is the last one!?"

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Swan Curry posted:

Every year I reinstall SWAT 4 and get ready for some tacticool action, and then very quickly remember why I stopped playing it the last time. Your AI partners are suicidally incompetent, which will lose you points when they run around a corner into an enemy. And oh my god the ridiculous damage system, you'll unload your shotgun into an unarmoured enemy's back just for them to do a 360 and kill you with one shot.
The best mission is still apprehending the serial killer goon who lives in his mother's basement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

what is mipmapping, and is it good

please and thank you

• Locked thread