Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Not unbelievable, merely unconscionable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Potato Jones posted:

(saved as This Motherfucker.png)

Absolutely anything at all can and will be justified in online comment sections.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

foot posted:

I think the one UKIP MP would be a great addition to a Tory coalition.

The joke here is that he's UKIP's only MP because he defected from the Conservatives. He managed to win his constituency by-election and retain his seat because its voters didn't like how the last guy had been running things and thought it was time for a change.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Potato Jones posted:

(saved as This Motherfucker.png)

File it under your "Second in line for the guillotine" folder.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Shut up about UK in this thread unless it's about how much we kicked their rear end 240 years ago.

:911: :911: :911: :911: :911: :911:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
240 years later the UK made sure to remind the US that we're better off without them, their terrible government, or their figurehead royalty bullshit.:patriot:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

GalacticAcid posted:

The referendum was called precisely because UKIP put an immense amount of pressure on the Tories from the right. UKIP never pulled anything close to as many Labour voters into the tent as they did Conservatives.

Here's a decent rundown of where their support comes from.

Rural England was never a Labour heartland.

gently caress the UK either way though it's the 4th.

I said Farage, not UKIP. You're correct on UKIP turnout; their only MP is posh as gently caress iirc

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx
On a similar note Robert Reich had some thing where his dad died and he got some real heckling call from a car insurance bill collector

https://www.facebook.com/RBReich/posts/1225679554111305

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Geostomp posted:

I'm not sure why we need official studies to determine that supporters of a man who built his campaign on antagonizing Mexicans, Muslims, and insulting the race/gender/sexuality of everyone who disagrees with him are a bunch of racist morons. Not even getting into his inability to so much as denounce KKK endorsements.

He's pretty open about it is what I'm saying.

Because there are people - on this very forum, no less - who'll argue the opposite at you until you're a shriveled husk.

Like, I get we have to consider all opinions and beliefs but come the gently caress on, America - the dude is pigshit.

Anyway, I love your avatar - may we all be Wonderful.

Jacobin posted:

On a similar note Robert Reich had some thing where his dad died and he got some real heckling call from a car insurance bill collector

https://www.facebook.com/RBReich/posts/1225679554111305

Haaaa this is torrid

Armani fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 4, 2016

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Paul Ryan seems to think July 4th was when a battle happened.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Joementum posted:

:rip: Reynald of Chatillon

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Rygar201 posted:

Well yeah, the UK just voted to leave a political union with its biggest trading partner to gently caress over brown people and poles and is in the middle of a huge upswing in hate crimes and both parties are rolling around in the poo poo on the floor. The Tories are imploding because the idiot secessionist leaders realized they don't want to be the ones to publicly push the gently caress Our Economy and Young People button. Labour is in civil war because the Blairites regard any shift in the winds as justification to knife Corbyn.

Maybe you'd have a point if the entire UK government wasn't involved in a clown car crash right now.

Why would you ever want to gently caress over Poles? The story of Poland is the story of what makes America great. Hell, I say we make Pulaski Day a national holiday, god damnit.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Joementum posted:

A lot of people died of infections when they got poked by the fountain pen

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib

Joementum posted:

Well Jefferson, John Adams, and James Monroe all died on the 4th so :colbert:

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Evil Fluffy posted:

240 years later the UK made sure to remind the US that we're better off without them, their terrible government, or their figurehead royalty bullshit.:patriot:

Say what you want about America, we never knowingly elected a literal fucker of pigs to our highest office. :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Say what you want about America, we never knowingly elected a literal fucker of pigs to our highest office. :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Hey now that was never proven, that none of our presidents have.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Jefferson Davis was a pigfucker.

Also, I hear Jackson were too.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

socialsecurity posted:

Hey now that was never proven, that none of our presidents have.

That's why I said"knowingly".

Past president most likely to gently caress livestock? My money ´s on Jackson.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

That's why I said"knowingly".

Past president most likely to gently caress livestock? My money ´s on Jackson.

He did gently caress Rachel. If you believe anything printed by the Jacksonian press, I'd say you should believe them when it comes to Rachel's face.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Fans posted:

If we're democracy fighting with unelected representatives our House of Lords can't do anything, your Supreme Court frequently decides massively important issues and none of those fuckers were elected.

Electing judges is the worst and dumbest possible way to fill the judiciary and I wish it was illegal on all levels in the US because direct election of judges ensures maximum awfulness and (more) corruption.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

My Imaginary GF posted:

He did gently caress Rachel. If you believe anything printed by the Jacksonian press, I'd say you should believe them when it comes to Rachel's face.

That was a weird episode of Friends

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Evil Fluffy posted:

Electing judges is the worst and dumbest possible way to fill the judiciary and I wish it was illegal on all levels in the US because direct election of judges ensures maximum awfulness and (more) corruption.

What about when a judge gives a rapist 30 days probation plus time served because anything harsher would 'ruin the rapists life'?

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

My Imaginary GF posted:

What about when a judge gives a rapist 30 days probation plus time served because anything harsher would 'ruin the rapists life'?

That judge was elected.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

It's like Make-a-Wish foundation, but with debt. Also your son didn't know he had a terminal disease called "about to get murdered."

Show some gratitude

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Kro-Bar posted:

That judge was elected.

Pretty sure he was appointed. If he were elected, anyone could run against him next round and win so loving easily. More elections more frequently for judges, I say.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

My Imaginary GF posted:

Pretty sure he was appointed. If he were elected, anyone could run against him next round and win so loving easily. More elections more frequently for judges, I say.

Wrong. He was elected unopposed:

quote:

Santa Clara County Superior Court Judge Aaron Persky would have faced voters Tuesday, but his election was canceled because he drew no challengers

Which is a big part of the problem with electing judges

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Joementum posted:

He's just referencing the war of 1996. Did you not celebrate the day with the customary watching of the documentary?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Why is there a wiki for that? What possible use is that wiki?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
It's the only place Will Smith can feel alive.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Joementum posted:

there is a wiki for everything

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Lot of people looking to get visited by a vengeful Jackson revenant on this page.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Joementum posted:

The deep, deep Independence Day lore, of course :v:

foot
Mar 28, 2002

why foot why

Joementum posted:

It's so people can get up to date on the characters and their motivations before seeing the sequel.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Gyges posted:

Lot of people looking to get visited by a vengeful Jackson revenant on this page.

stay safe old hickory ghost

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

The Glumslinger posted:

A lot of people died of infections when they got poked by the fountain pen

Is that what Ben Franklin called it?

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-benghazi-democrats-20160627-snap-story.html?campaign_id=A100&campaign_type=Email

quote:

Democrats released but redacted a transcript of Clinton confidant Sidney Blumenthal answering the committee’s questions...

But the redaction marks are easily erased by anyone able to use a computer’s cut-and-paste function.
Goddammit Democrats. :eng99:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
There's been a reported bombing at Medina, Saudi Arabia. I only bring this up in the wake of Ankara airport, the bombing in Baghdad yesterday, and now this.

Would it be fair to say that the death throes of ISIS are being as tumultuous as possible?

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
Look guys $200k isn't even that much and- bahahaha democrats can't help but shoot themselves in the foot

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

rscott posted:

Look guys $200k isn't even that much and- bahahaha democrats can't help but shoot themselves in the foot

Hillary is so lucky that Trump is her opponent this year because, drat, they really can't help themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

rscott posted:

$200k is, like, 1/10th the cost of a primary campaign in boonsville usa. In the grand scheme of things, its nothing - its, like, a state house seat at the most, and those are a loving dime a dozen.

The real crime is that Republicans have made it so that when Democrats take back the house we cannot help but run every loving committee as a means to gain political intelligence on loving over the Republicans.

• Locked thread