Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

HebrewMagic posted:

Marvel Heroes 2017: Nobody Cares

Also makes a good OP since it works with "what character should I choose?" and "how do I play with goooooons??"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

AzraelNewtype posted:

It also drives me nuts that if you're not paying attention, you can go through the portals in the last stage of ch10 before you hit the anchors. It's not like this is the first bit of content in the game they made that has a portal trigger when you complete a task, so how did they manage to get this one so wrong? I mean, yes, :gaz: but come on if you can't even get the tiny poo poo right, how are you ever going to do the hard stuff?

In this case it's because the anchors spawn inside treasure rooms that already have a trigger for the exit portal.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

HebrewMagic posted:

I can't stop making bad decisions.

Update: Put me on your list of known serial killers/yellowmen, ICR

HebrewMagic fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jul 3, 2016

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
How are Green Goblin and Iron Fist these days? Looking to get back into the game and I've got 625 splinters and a Free Hero Token to cash in. Last I heard Iron Fist was real bad.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Iron Fist got some big buffs and mechanic additions to make him pretty great.

Green Goblin also got some numbers buffs and is fantastic. Can shoot and move at the same time so he's really unique.

also goblin has the best VA and lines in the game

cl_gibcount 9999 fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 3, 2016

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Strange Matter posted:

How are Green Goblin and Iron Fist these days? Looking to get back into the game and I've got 625 splinters and a Free Hero Token to cash in. Last I heard Iron Fist was real bad.

He's not bad. He requires a bit more thought than the average melee dude, and also not quite as sturdy, but once you get the hang of it he can poo poo out a shitstorm of damage.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Strange Matter posted:

Both ar worth your time sir

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

The Goblin King also has a famous bulge and a mention in the thread title. Absolute no brainier.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Also I got Gobby's Marvel Knights costume from a box, so that's another point in favor of him. Guess I'm all aboard the crazy train.

Also the wife started playing Spider-Man, so we should have some interesting times together in that case.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I feel like all the villains have really great lines

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
You are correct in that feeling

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I did a horrifying thing.

I regret it wholly.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

here are my 2 favorite Ultron builds so far. Both are really fun and effective, have nukes that hit for over 1m white dmg, and I can't tell which I like better so I swap between them at will.

First up is the pure ranged:

All bandwidth is spent on getting 2 strong ranged nukes, encephalo and crush. Clears screens full of mobs pretty much instantly.

Just got Ultron to 60 using this build and holy poo poo is it hilarious. Bots help in early levels, but once I get the Encephalo Beam upgrade in Operation: Swarm it was two-shotting bosses a couple levels below me by itself.

Unless I'm seeing things you have 9 skills maxed (5/1/3), but I'm coming up an entire skills-worth of points missing. I know you can get a couple from missions that I missed out on, but not 20+. Do you just have that many bonus +Skills on your Gear or am I really missing something here?

Catsworth fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jul 3, 2016

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Anyone have a vestige of the bifrost to spare? I need it for my Iron Fist to have the glow.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

KISS MY CONVERSE

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Catsworth posted:

Just got Ultron to 60 using this build and holy poo poo is it hilarious. Bots help in early levels, but once I get the Encephalo Beam upgrade in Operation: Swarm it was two-shotting bosses a couple levels below me by itself.

Unless I'm seeing things you have 9 skills maxed (5/1/3), but I'm coming up an entire skills-worth of points missing. I know you can get a couple from missions that I missed out on, but not 20+. Do you just have that many bonus +Skills on your Gear or am I really missing something here?
There's:
Magik's Limbo Quest(available at 60)
Beat the Hood, story mode
Beat Kingpin, story mode, and talked to Maria Hill
Shield Science Station quest
Gone to the Ancient Runs in Norway, activated the portal and talked to Heimdall
Beat General Kl'rt in Chapter 10

That's all 18 points you can get from missions, each gives you 3(one for each old obsolete difficulty) for a total of 168 points at max level.

That said the 38 pointer(Indestructible Body) in the third tree ain't maxed so it's actually 5/1/2. It's got hell of +All bonuses plus some to the tree from gear. It's one pointed and 26 on the build I'm tooling around with and that's with poo poo rolls and a non-cosmiced insignia. All that plus some spare points dumped into it makes it look like it's got more investment than it really does

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Dely Apple posted:

I did a horrifying thing.

I regret it wholly.

As well you should! That's a disgustingly suboptimal way to spend cosmic worldstones. Nice work on the yellow name though, looking sharp.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Someone mentioned a blessing for level 1 visual artifacts for toons with spirit issues. Does anyone remember what it was, I can't seem to find it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

xyigx posted:

Someone mentioned a blessing for level 1 visual artifacts for toons with spirit issues. Does anyone remember what it was, I can't seem to find it.

ODIN

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Ahhh thank you. That should make leveling a few heroes easier.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
I have 520 Cake Slices left. What's the best use of them?

Captain America Team-Up
Crimson Boxes
Civil War Boxes
Other stuff?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Assuming you already have the free hero and the stash tab, go for third anniversary boxes. Everyone has a boss unique and a random level 80 legendary. Even if you get a useless one, you can convert it into a free 800 Odin marks which is insane for the time investment

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

If you like to gamble, armored core boxes are the highest potential patoff by a huge margin.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Love it when the nameplate perfectly aligns with where it needs to be.

Pictured above: The Bulge is Cosmic 60.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Catsworth posted:

yeah it's pretty great

as Other mentioned, the defensive passive in the right tree is my spare point dump in that build, 8 points in the skill total for rank 38 (+30 on a skill is the bonus cap)

Ultron's uniques are pretty good, I'm not even using his slot 1 and the good stuff in the left tree is still maxed or near maxed. No artifacts with +1 all and no cosmic insignia either, so there's still room to max those skills, should you choose to use stuff like Flag, etc.

Lamer
Jul 14, 2000
Looking for an invite, name is Wayat.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Irony.or.Death posted:

As well you should! That's a disgustingly suboptimal way to spend cosmic worldstones. Nice work on the yellow name though, looking sharp.
Having team Allred is never a waste of anything. Doop forever. :colbert:

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Is it too late for cap costume suggestions?

Tunklord Supreme
Jun 4, 2011

dragon bong z

that's the last time i let anyone talk me into 'urban exploration'!

but for real, i'd like to dedicate this cosmic to the real life luke cage, nack "nickhimself" hamslef.
this was my very first cosmic and i'm so glad i did it. what an experience. to anyone on the fence like i was, i would recommend you definitely cosmic. there's never been a better time than today.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Glowing endorsement. It's so easy and painless and it's very fulfilling.

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

xyigx posted:

been playing this game 6 years now, never in my life have I considered this.
What am I doing. This changes everything.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
so i used my free hero ticket to get deadpool

he's really fuckin strong

doing holo sim i took out like 700 hand by myself using just that rapid fire ability he starts with, its disgusting how good he is

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Just started playing, and holy crap do purples just rain from the sky like this normally :psyduck:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Bad Moon posted:

Just started playing, and holy crap do purples just rain from the sky like this normally :psyduck:

yeah theyre pretty worthless

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Pictured: the breakfast of champions yellowmans

http://webmshare.com/play/d1qzr

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

McSpanky posted:

Pictured: the breakfast of champions yellowmans

http://webmshare.com/play/d1qzr

That's a disgusting waste of Doritos.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Bad Moon posted:

bad moon i love you too much to let you play this game

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Awesome, thanks!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Bing's Ultron Guide for being a Pro

http://marvelheroes.info/build/45252/

You'll notice he is an expert on Ultron and deserves millions of upvotes because his stats are:

Xx CR
xx BR
xx DR

and other numbers like xx% CDR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Who are the funny people to laugh at on Mr Gazs forums these days

• Locked thread