Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Win.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Amazing.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
flaccid pancake, the one who emerges from the dark

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

I was just telling my non manga friends about the inventive localisation names, but this takes the (pan)cake.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
These jojo vidya gaems are worth it for the peeks at future localized stands :allears:

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Shonen Bat is some kind of disturbing Jotaro/Josuke fusion.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Moltrey posted:

Yeah I wanna make it clear, Rohan's really good. He's a good character whose presence I enjoy, but he's such an rear end in a top hat and he sucks and I enjoy every tragedy and hardship that befalls him, gently caress off Rohan. #TeamJosuke The Jim Lahey of The Morioh Park Boys.

Oh my god this makes part 4 even better. Old Joe is Julian and Jotaro of course is Randy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Did Araki draw this or is it an approximation of his style?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Also I appreciate that the Rohan quick sketch of Koichi looks pretty similar to how Koichi looked back in Cool Shock BT. At least, I thought it did.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Boingo is a better mangaka than Rohan.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Rohan legit getting mad as gently caress that Thoth is just a stand that generates the manga instead of an artist drawing it on their own is pretty great

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Waffleman_ posted:

Did Araki draw this or is it an approximation of his style?

It was attributed to him in a tumblr comment with no link.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

No, that's NOTTAMA.

https://twitter.com/ba_ba_bu/status/682181489585291264/photo/1

(they draw jojo fanart too)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Omg, I'm dying

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wonder how many stands have a stat spread more inaccurate than Soft & Wet.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

https://twitter.com/debaoki/status/750037574228467712

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

My favorite part of the whole OP is koichi walkin by in this scene, lookin like hes doing the Stairs Gag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdeRinCdS9A

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Jolyne just relieved herself while floating and in a cloud created by Weather Report. I don't often say this, but what the poo poo, Araki?

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Llab posted:

Jolyne just relieved herself while floating and in a cloud created by Weather Report. I don't often say this, but what the poo poo, Araki?

Shes pretty jealous of snails too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I told you dog

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I wonder how many stands have a stat spread more inaccurate than Soft & Wet.
STATS = USELESS

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Bad Seafood posted:

STATS = USELESS

But I like selling my D&D nerd friends on JoJo with the promise of cool stats

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Meme Emulator posted:

My favorite part of the whole OP is koichi walkin by in this scene, lookin like hes doing the Stairs Gag

Koichi's just letting the days go by.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

I am finally get to read part 8.

Gappy is v good.
Rock Penis conversation
Soft & Wet seems like it can be abused.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I just got the pleasure of meeting Flaccid Pancake, heh.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I've gotten to part 7 now (part 6 was quite the trip), and are the old punchmans battles a thing of the past now? This is pretty good, but I honestly liked the ora ora-ing and muda muda-ing a lot :shobon:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

QuasiQuack posted:

I've gotten to part 7 now (part 6 was quite the trip), and are the old punchmans battles a thing of the past now? This is pretty good, but I honestly liked the ora ora-ing and muda muda-ing a lot :shobon:

There's very, very little of it in SBR.
It's basically back to the regular amount of ORAORAORA in JoJolion for the most part.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Sweet :haw:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

part 7 tones down things just enough to match the part overall but i feel by the end of it you'll be just as entertained by it as you were by previous parts. it's usually among people's top 2 parts for a reason.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Johnny Joestar doesn't ORA often, but when he does he enjoys it.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Bohemian Rhapsody... I have no words about this arc. It's beautiful, and I think I can't wait until Stone Ocean gets animated.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

My favorite part of Part 7 is that Gyro doesn't even have a stand for most of it.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

WrightOfWay posted:

My favorite part of Part 7 is that Gyro doesn't even have a stand for most of it.

Who needs a Stand when you've got Balls?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like that Part 7 allows me to use the phrase "Jesus' Turbo Eye" and not sound insane.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

I like that Part 7 allows me to use the phrase "Jesus' Turbo Eye" and not sound insane.

"the Corpse of Jesus can stop the Dinosaur Infection"

JoJo summary or Southern Evangelist at the Creation Museum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
i still love telling my friends who aren't into jojo about how I think the main character of the current jojo might have testicles of jesus christ or a dog, or both or the dog has jesus' balls