Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Cake Attack posted:

Mamori you are a very sweet girl but you really don't need to be jumping in front of attacks when you're weak to them and also almost dead
There really needs to be a way to turn that 'skill' off

I think I might just never unlock it, I only knew it's coming up because I watched some guy get owned by it repeatedly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

CrashCat posted:

There really needs to be a way to turn that 'skill' off

I think I might just never unlock it, I only knew it's coming up because I watched some guy get owned by it repeatedly

Wow using Mamori has never been a problem for me. In fact the opposite happened, using her has slowed the boss battles down and makes them feel a little less like feast or famine. It's why I always bring her to boss battles.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

It's definitely a helpful skill, it just stands out when she does it when you really would rather she didnt

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So, uh..I did the detritus thing for the ghost and now I'm faced with a 45~ level encounter..my party is level 33. Time to bash my head against this until I give up!

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

BillmasterCozb posted:

So, uh..I did the detritus thing for the ghost and now I'm faced with a 45~ level encounter..my party is level 33. Time to bash my head against this until I give up!

Attack mirrors and magic mirrors are your friends. Also, it's possible to set up a session using items you buy at Hee Boo Mart.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

RadicalR posted:

Attack mirrors and magic mirrors are your friends. Also, it's possible to set up a session using items you buy at Hee Boo Mart.

The enemies in that encounter see your magic mirrors, then they laugh at you as they waste one turn, take no damage, then have the other two follow up and destroy you.

If it's not clear, they're immune to their own magic and as I recall have aoe spells.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

BillmasterCozb posted:

How? I've turned in the detritus I've had and I've gotten all the loot from all dungeons but the last one and no request. Does the dlc let you get some?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lessail posted:

How? I've turned in the detritus I've had and I've gotten all the loot from all dungeons but the last one and no request. Does the dlc let you get some?

I didn't get it until chapter 5, so maybe he just went and killed a bunch of savage enemies.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Tsubasa's third side-story cleared! Itsuki level 44, rest of the crew level 41. MVPs were Ellie, Mamori and Tsubasa herself. :toot:

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Lessail posted:

Not sure what the exact amount is, but I turned in two almost full stacks of Detritus (90), twice, and it got me two bonus incenses (Luck and Strength) and then the sidequest started. Said sidequest also stops you from turning in any more detritus, not sure if you get to trade in more after it's over or not though.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

why has itsuki suddenly developed a personality on this food side chapter

Honestly I like Itsuki, he's very quiet and understated but occasionally just does something completely weird/awesome, which is very SMT of him now that I think about it. Actually he seems to improve drastically in general in any situation where he's given dialogue choices.

I'm probably just biased though since I love the thing some SMTs do(P4 and the Devil Survivors in particular) in showing the MC's personality entirely through dialogue choices. DS2's protagonist gives absolutely no fucks/trolls the poo poo out of everyone, for example.

Currently spinning my wheels on Chapter 4 Intermission, maybe if I stare blankly at the class change screen long enough I can decide something.

EDIT: Actually every character in this game is good and cool. Especially that one, the one you don't like.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jul 5, 2016

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I do have one slight complaint about the game however.

RADIANT UNITY!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Yinlock posted:

I do have one slight complaint about the game however.

RADIANT UNITY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-g2z6EfGxY

Chapter 4 boss is a motherfucker. I need to stock up on element mirror or something.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

8-bit Miniboss posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-g2z6EfGxY

Chapter 4 boss is a motherfucker. I need to stock up on element mirror or something.

pastel power

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

I brute forced it with Tsubasa's Mediarama(with Healing Expertise EX) Still cut it pretty close though, Itsuki was hitting single-digits near the end.

Rakukaja/Tarunda helps too.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Cake Attack posted:

pastel power

I'll look into it. Didn't consider it at first.

Yinlock posted:

I brute forced it with Tsubasa's Mediarama(with Healing Expertise EX) Still cut it pretty close though, Itsuki was hitting single-digits near the end.

Rakukaja/Tarunda helps too.

-kajas and -ndas' didn't help when they cast twice. :negative:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I'll look into it. Didn't consider it at first.

-kajas and -ndas' didn't help when they cast twice. :negative:

Dekaja/Sukukaja can also help, I dodged a couple spells almost completely thanks to those.

Though I guess "be lucky" isn't particularly helpful advice :v: I guess if worse comes to worst you can just buy a couple of magic mirrors and tell the boss to go gently caress itself.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Pastel Power in chapter 4 just made it "Boss doesn't get a turn. Ever."

By the time I had all 3 bars gone and couldn't use it anymore the boss was halfway dead and was struggling to catch up. I did get ReTAKE'd once though

Also in regards to who the boss is was Excellus that popular in Japan or something? He(?)/She(??) was super one off and forgettable so seeing him mentioned at all is absolutely baffling. What a dumb choice.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jul 5, 2016

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Honestly, after doing Tsubasa's third side-story, the Chapter 4 boss felt kinda underwhelming to me. Managed to kill it with Itsuki, Tsubasa and Mamori without any real problems; I think Mamori got killed once by a session, but otherwise it went pretty painlessly.

Tsubasa and Mamori basically ended up dodge tanking pretty much all of Excellus's AoE spells somehow, so I didn't really have to worry too much about healing. And once I realized Yashiro was gonna spend most of his time tossing out Sukukajas and setting up Counter, and that Excellus would occasionally heal him, I just ignored him outside of tossing out the occasional Dekaja stone. Also, the second time Excellus shifted his weaknesses and resistances around, he somehow wound up basically weak to pretty much everything I hit him with, so I was able to session him down from around half-health to dead in like two turns.

Fake edit: Aaaaaand the game just crashed on me while I was scrolling through Tsubasa's profile info to see the update in the Chapter 4 intermission. Guess that means it's time for me to call it a night.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

I didn't get it until chapter 5, so maybe he just went and killed a bunch of savage enemies.

Oh you get some from savage enemies? I didn't engage with a lot of them. Time to go kill a bunch. :mrgw:

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I Magic Mirrored my way to victory on that one. It was pretty funny, because if you use Magic Mirror, the boss' AOE reflects back on himself 3 times.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

sincx posted:

I Magic Mirrored my way to victory on that one. It was pretty funny, because if you use Magic Mirror, the boss' AOE reflects back on himself 3 times.

Yeah, Magic Mirrors were amazing on that boss. It's funny because you get the snapshot finish of it killing itself instead of one of your dudes doing it in slow motion.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

What do you do with Detritus? I've seen folks talking about it, and I've picked up some myself, but haven't seen anything to do with them.

Tsubasa's last side story is sure gonna be a thing. I attempted it when I was nowhere near the recommended level and it predictably kicked my rear end. I was able to cheese Kiria's third side story (Attack Mirror, whee!) despite being underlevelled so I thought I'd at least try. I ought to try it again, probably. The party is starting to hit 40 now and on my first attempt they were barely hitting 35.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Silver Falcon posted:

What do you do with Detritus? I've seen folks talking about it, and I've picked up some myself, but haven't seen anything to do with them.

Tsubasa's last side story is sure gonna be a thing. I attempted it when I was nowhere near the recommended level and it predictably kicked my rear end. I was able to cheese Kiria's third side story (Attack Mirror, whee!) despite being underlevelled so I thought I'd at least try. I ought to try it again, probably. The party is starting to hit 40 now and on my first attempt they were barely hitting 35.

You trade it to the ghost with the top hat in the arena. If you haven't recruited it yet, it's just hanging out in an alley in Harajuku, after you get the quest from the arenakeeper.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Silver Falcon posted:

If you're 40, do the Intermediate arena battles. I like to do them until I cap arena coins, personally. If you do that you should be right around the quest's recommended level by the time you're done.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lessail posted:

Oh you get some from savage enemies? I didn't engage with a lot of them. Time to go kill a bunch. :mrgw:

Yeah that's the only renewable source of it

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Lessail posted:

If you're willing to drop the money on it, the Savage Enemy dlc mini dungeon gets you up to 18 free detritus per trip by my understanding, without fighting any actual savage enemies. Other than that dlc, the only other alternative to savage enemies is finding an extremely small amount in locked treasure chests.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah that's the only renewable source of it

Turns out it isn't! If you max out the arena coins a second time, you'll get 10 for beginner. Might not be the most efficient way. Found this out trying to get skills on low power weapons

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

I pulled it off with Itsuki at 44 and everyone else at 41. Don't bother trying to kill the boss's minions; just lock them down with status effects so they sit around doing nothing while you shred the boss with Sessions. Also, make sure to Dekaja the enemy team and buff your own party of you have the chance.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lessail posted:

Turns out it isn't! If you max out the arena coins a second time, you'll get 10 for beginner. Might not be the most efficient way. Found this out trying to get skills on low power weapons

Oh god but why would you do this the arena is so tedious

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Regy Rusty posted:

Arena is good

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

On beginner you just set it on auto battle :shrug:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Levantine posted:

Arena is good

It should take fewer repeats to get all the rewards imo

But that's okay because they're not that necessary so I'm just not gonna do any more of it

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

is it just be or is tsubasa kind of a garbage unit

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

also what am i supposed to be doing in this side event with yashiro at daiba studio. i don't think the game ever told me

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Regy Rusty posted:

It should take fewer repeats to get all the rewards imo

But that's okay because they're not that necessary so I'm just not gonna do any more of it

I don't think i'm using very many of the arena rewards so far. They seem to have too many drawbacks. I just like the combat enough that it doesn't feel tedious to veg out and do my encores. It's a super fast track to mastering weapons in short order.

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

I got some use out of her, but that might be because I gave her some incense. For the Yashiro side quest you want to go back to where you fought the miniboss in the blocked off area.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Cake Attack posted:

I get a lot of mileage out of everyone, tbh. Tsubasa is a straight up murderer for me when it comes to enemies weak to wind. She's also really fast.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tsubasa suffers from the fact her gimmick is healer but other characters are better healers than she is and items are so plentiful you don't really need a dedicated healer.

That and her elements are Wind (which Kiria has and while she lacks ad libs has better stats to use) and lance where... she hits like a frigging wiffle bat with her lances compared to RIDER KICK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Yeah that's pretty much how i felt. and also at least on hard i feel there's actually very little middle ground between basically full health and sessioned to death, i do surprisingly little healing outside throwing around curries and rarely a macca leaf. and when i do it's mainly mamori using her amazing microwave powers.

• Locked thread