Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rexides posted:

Dunno, Rick is pretty much perfect.

Rick does not like himself sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24RIl-vFBs8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Skellybones posted:

In fact, the whole point of the episode that you probably skipped over was that perfect flawless people simply aren't real. They're parasitic memory monsters.
Whoa.

poo poo

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/590/choosing-wrong

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Skellybones posted:

In fact, the whole point of the episode that you probably skipped over was that perfect flawless people simply aren't real. They're parasitic memory monsters.

Well, not all of them were monsters.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Kurzon posted:

Oh God, I just watched the episode where the family's house gets invaded by these telepathic parasites that insert themselves into people's memories to convince them that they're life-long friends. The first two thirds were hilarious but when it got to the flashbacks of the family being horrible to each other it turned very sour. I hate comedies that try to find humor in dysfunctional families. This is why I stopped watching Family Guy. I hate images of cruelty that aren't countered by moments of redemption or justice. Not only are they upsetting, but when I am treated cruelly or see images of cruelty, I feel like being cruel too and that is unhealthy and dangerous. I think I will stop watching this show. Maybe I should watch a documentary on Harriet Tubman or Mahatma Gandhi to recover.

Honestly, this show probably isn't for you. It has a lot of cruelty and black humor, which I don't mind but I know lots of people can't deal with.

You might want to watch Steven Universe instead, it's much more optimistic in its views on human nature.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Yes, Steven Universe only has constant irredeemable cruelty within its fandom.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

How did you get this far into the show if you don't like dysfunctional families? That's the entire premise of the show.
And the realist and best aspect of it. Family Guy sucks because they just pick on how fat and ugly Meg is and that's the whole joke because every one who writes on that show is a hack.

That ain't the same as remembering awful moments of your family to find out who's real.

Although, Morty getting pants and kicked down the stairs is amazing though.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Kurzon posted:

Not only are they upsetting, but when I am treated cruelly or see images of cruelty, I feel like being cruel too and that is unhealthy and dangerous.

Hmm, this is troubling, and should be shared with a counselor rather than here.

Kurzon posted:

How does the writing in Game of Thrones compare to the books? Because I think this is some of the best-written fiction I've ever watched.

Oh, never mind then.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

kalensc posted:

Oh, never mind then.

loving lol.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah, but you see Game of Thrones is some of the best written fiction, you can't look past great art like that.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Speaking of great art, I went ahead and watched Moral Orel in its entirety. Dat last season tho.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

counterfeitsaint posted:

You may want to sit down for this, but all human beings, even the best of us, are hosed up in one way or another, and your goal to find the perfect person who never did a lovely thing is futile. You will also do lovely things. Sorry.

(King cheated on his wife a lot)

I mean some babies die before they leave the hospital.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

kalensc posted:

Oh, never mind then.

:eyepop:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Mordja posted:

Speaking of great art, I went ahead and watched Moral Orel in its entirety. Dat last season tho.

I go to open mic night comedy shows because sometimes someone knows how to ride a flaming trainwreck down into a valley like doc brown in bttf3 and it becomes beautiful

moral orel's last season is like that.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Eifert Posting posted:

I mean some babies die before they leave the hospital.

Don't you know that babies pray to the devil before they are baptised, that's why they go straight to hell.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008
Season 2 is on Hulu now!

Wubba lubba dub dub!

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

tarlibone posted:

Ugh.

Well, every show has to have its own Debbie Downer, I suppose. You know, the premise or skit that works great the first time, meh the second time, and probably never corrects course. I guess if you have an infinite number of monkeys with an infinite number of jars in an infinite lightning storm, sooner or later, a second one will capture some lightning in a jar. Maybe.

It's going to become the R&M equivalent of Treehouse of Horror

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Sereri posted:

Don't you know that babies pray to the devil before they are baptised, that's why they go straight to hell.

Who can blame them; gently caress this gay Earth and hail Satan!

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Hail a guy who got his poo poo pushed in by a geriatric and a teenage girl?

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
Sorry to interrupt the flow of intelligent debate and discussion, but have you fellow people dudes watched Season 2 with the commentary? If you like Harmon town, you should like the commentary, and if you like Rick and Morty, you should probably like Harmon_town unless you don't like podcasts or something I guess or you really hate dan harmon because of what he did to chevy chase, in front of his children.

If you don't already know, they have a bunch of extra commentary tracks with special guests like Gabe Newell for episode 2, there isn't any extra commentary for episode 3 but what else is new

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Megaspel posted:

Sorry to interrupt the flow of intelligent debate and discussion, but have you fellow people dudes watched Season 2 with the commentary? If you like Harmon town, you should like the commentary, and if you like Rick and Morty, you should probably like Harmon_town unless you don't like podcasts or something I guess or you really hate dan harmon because of what he did to chevy chase, in front of his children.

If you don't already know, they have a bunch of extra commentary tracks with special guests like Gabe Newell for episode 2, there isn't any extra commentary for episode 3 but what else is new

Is there any way to get the episodes-with-commentary without buying physical DVDs?

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

prefect posted:

Is there any way to get the episodes-with-commentary without buying physical DVDs?

Yeah, you can just buy the physical blu-rays.

EDIT: for serious I wish there was some industry standard so you get that poo poo with a digital download or something.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

prefect posted:

Probably not, except :filez:.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Eifert Posting posted:

Hail a guy who got his poo poo pushed in by a geriatric and a teenage girl?

To be fair that geriatric and teenage girl were swoll as gently caress.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I don't know why, but for some reason one of my favorite lines from Interdimensional Cable is "The moon...it comes crashing into Earth, and what do you do then."

It's just so final, like it should stop there but it doesn't. It cracks me up every time.

Megaspel posted:

Yeah, you can just buy the physical blu-rays.

EDIT: for serious I wish there was some industry standard so you get that poo poo with a digital download or something.
This is why I will always have a soft spot for Ron Moore. He did every single episode of BSG while it was running and released them as weekly podcasts. When the DVDs came out they put his podcasts on every episode as producer commentary tracks.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
http://www.movienewsguide.com/rick-and-morty-season-3-premiere-date-delayed/240522

I came here wondering why no one was talking about the July 26th supposed premiere date, but after looking in to it, it just seems to be some weird rumor...

This being the link they're talking about in the article.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Yeah, that's never been the premiere date. I think I remember December being tossed around as the latest rumor, but not sure.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

I think that link is mistaken, at least July 26th was Season 2's release date so it's probably that.

JD
Jan 11, 2003

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

I think that link is mistaken, at least July 26th was Season 2's release date so it's probably that.

Hmm, I agree but the plot thickens: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5218228/releaseinfo?ref_=tt_dt_dt#releases

It must be wrong though, because they definitely would've been advertising... And we probably would've seen a leaked ep by now

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
They just finished writing the scripts and are in the middle of animation is my understanding so yes, December at the earliest.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Made this poster "No Rick's Sky"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A few week back the official Rick and Morty twitter posted this:
https://twitter.com/RickandMorty/status/746126171323064320

.... and then half an hour later posted this:
https://twitter.com/RickandMorty/status/746134936839589888

.... and apparently people didn't realise that the second tweet was a followup to the other one and not a special secret coded message so a bunch of articles appeared asking "WHAT CAN THIS MEAN????"

quote:

Many fans interpreted the said tweet as a sign that "Rick and Morty" Season 3 premiere has been pushed to a much later date. Others, however, remained optimistic that the show is right on schedule and that the tweet meant that the show will run for a full-hour per episode.
http://www.parentherald.com/articles/52982/20160705/rick-morty-season-3-premieres-july-another-heartbreaking-story-works.htm

:doh:

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

I'm sad I missed an opportunity to play drawful w/ roiland and harmon

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Be the Rick

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

drat, now I have to spend thousands of dollars to play this thing, thanks a lot Justin Roiland.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Megaspel posted:

This is pretty much the reason why I've stuck with DVDs and Blurays in this day and age. Although the greater number of dubs and subtitles also played a part. I thought I got better in English through watching movies (english VO) with the english subtitles, thank you very much! Although the commentaries for The Venture Bros was kind of a hard experience because of that.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

ElCondemn posted:

drat, now I have to spend thousands of dollars to play this thing, thanks a lot Justin Roiland.

Eh, I think I'll wait for the home version of Roy

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I hope the full Roy is in Virtual Rickality.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Mustached5thGrader posted:

The card game based on Total Rickall is very good and I recommend everyone buy it
It really is. Totally feels like a randomized co-op version of that episode where you're trying to figure out who's real. Got down to the wire on our last turn and we had to risk shooting a character we didn't know anything about. Thankfully, it was a parasite and we won, hooray!

I haven't played the advanced version yet where players might turn out to be traitors.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Hey Goons, I know you all are anxiously waiting for season , and let me tell you. its going to be awesome, but in the mean time, check this out.

I normally wouldn't solicit for a subscription box service as its the sort of thing that would make Marx roll in his grave. but in this case you should make an exception and get a cool $13 loot crate for July. its a got a Rick and Morty shirt I designed. i mean if that's the sort of thing you want. I cant show you what the design is. only tell you that its cool, and that a genuine Goon/RnM artist made it. so if you want a cool mystery Rick and Morty shirt and you enjoy being branded in lovely cheap synthetic cotton. this months "lootcrate" is for you. you have like 3 days left to decide if you want it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
I should find that article which said that digital distribution killed Marx.

• Locked thread