Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is that Technomancer game any good, it looks neat but the devs don't have the greatest track record.

its okay

combat is decent, developing your character and working on your gear is decent, story and writing are mediocre.

here's a short video that might be helpful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZocVT3nA3JM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I tried to buy the Tekken game on Steam so I can lame it out but apparently GFWL is still a thing blocking regional sales?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is that Technomancer game any good, it looks neat but the devs don't have the greatest track record.

Have you played a Spiders RPG? It is a Spiders RPG.

HGH posted:

I tried to buy the Tekken game on Steam so I can lame it out but apparently GFWL is still a thing blocking regional sales?

GFWL never actually died.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Orv posted:

Have you played a Spiders RPG? It is a Spiders RPG.

is it as bonkers and barely functional as their other games because if so then that's a must buy for me because it's a special kind of barely working nonsense that only Spiders can do.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cowman posted:

is it as bonkers and barely functional as their other games because if so then that's a must buy for me because it's a special kind of barely working nonsense that only Spiders can do.

Bonkers yes, it's actually their most technically proficient title yet. Being that all things are relative...

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

StrixNebulosa posted:

What are, then? Leaning more on the Metroid side of things as I'm not the biggest fan of figuring out combat in these games.
Aquaria's still probably the best Metroidalike on Steam. Certainly the one with the best music.

You should give ESA another go, I enjoyed it way more than Axiom Verge other than the last boss being a fairly big difficulty spike.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

LEGO: Force Awakens is good. It starts still on Endor at the end of Ep 6 and continues to fill in the gaps of Ep 7 which is a pretty cool experience. It shows how much the devs developed the game's concept after The Complete Saga. If you're a Star Wars fan this title is a must.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Some people noticed that Why Am I Dead At Sea had its price outright slashed in half instead of just being on a discount - this week it is a further half off. That's more than a fair price for it, I think, especially if you played Ghost Trick and enjoyed it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Justin_Brett posted:

Some people noticed that Why Am I Dead At Sea had its price outright slashed in half instead of just being on a discount - this week it is a further half off. That's more than a fair price for it, I think, especially if you played Ghost Trick and enjoyed it.

You said "Ghost Trick", those are the magic words to get my attention. How good is this thing?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Pretty good. It's a bit more of a closed mystery than Ghost Trick, and definitely less wacky. You investigate both in ghost form and by possessing the crew members and passengers, most of whom have some helpful ability. Each person will also respond differently depending on who's talking to them.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Nice, I need to check it out.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Threep posted:

Aquaria's still probably the best Metroidalike on Steam. Certainly the one with the best music.

You should give ESA another go, I enjoyed it way more than Axiom Verge other than the last boss being a fairly big difficulty spike.

I played Aquaria at release a decade ago and can recall the overworld/travel music like I heard it yesterday. The music is definitely solid. Can't remember much about the quality of the platforming (swimming) otherwise though since it has been so long. There have been some very recent contenders for best Metroidvania lately on Steam, so it's hard to pick one for first place.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Palpek posted:

LEGO: Force Awakens is good. It starts still on Endor at the end of Ep 6 and continues to fill in the gaps of Ep 7 which is a pretty cool experience. It shows how much the devs developed the game's concept after The Complete Saga. If you're a Star Wars fan this title is a must.

How is it compared to other Lego games? I've tried playing a few, but just found the gameplay to be so uninteresting. It's a shame, I'm a Lego nerd, and I love franchises like Star Wars, Batman and Marvel. These games feel like they were designed for kids, and only for kids.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

Well, what did you expect? You lost the keys to your house, as well as the backup keys to your house, and you are not even inside it to unlock the door temporarily. You have to call someone to break down the door after you prove who you are. If it didn't work like that why would there even be a lock on the door in the first place?

The way that I understood the posts is that I would have to wait for the locksmith for say, half a day just to get to to his phone.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
The year is 2016 and Branding Is Important

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Anonymous Robot posted:

Now this is a guy who should have the belt and become face of the company.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Anonymous Robot posted:

oh poo poo, it's vince russooooooooooooo

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Anonymous Robot posted:

In the wrestlepunk future, Roy Batty chose a different career path.

I knew I should have picked up one of those in the sale.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
so this weird fever dream just popped up on steam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDYu2fOVe_s

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So far the best part about Far Cry 4 isn't the stealth, or the guns, or the ultralite/grenade launcher combo, but the fact that I can't drive anywhere for 100 feet without hearing paniced automatic fire as an eagle circles the heads of a group of rebels. It's a wonder these people managed to live here at all given how many eagles there are.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I think anyone who played more than an hour of Far Cry 4 will readily tell you that the only time they got scared in that game was when they heard an eagle cry.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Ahh! Eagle! Eeeeagle!

Far Cry 4 was great lol, I've been replaying it nothing's better than blasting everything with an elephant gun and then getting your face pecked off.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
If you like metroidvania type stuff and don't mind pixel graphics, Retro Game Crunch comes with two games that are fairly neat exploration style games. Plus some other games that are also decent!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Orv posted:

I think anyone who played more than an hour of Far Cry 4 will readily tell you that the only time they got scared in that game was when they heard an eagle cry.
It brings back memories of playing Ninja Gaiden, only those birds were quiet.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

speaking of metroidvanias has anyone tried ghost 1.0? http://store.steampowered.com/app/463270

looks good but made by the unepic guys so i am wary...

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

FINALLY, the stupid sale is over so we can get back to WEEKLONG DEALS!

Nihilumbra (review) - Clever puzzle platformer where you paint the world with your powers
Hero of the Kingdom (review) - The ultimate chillout game, trading and exploring at your pace
Avadon: The Black Fortress - Great mix of old-school RPG and modern streamlining
EDGE - Stylish puzzle game about rolling a cube
Pixel Puzzles: Japan (review) - A fine little jigsaw game to last a few hours
Splatter - Blood Red Edition (review) - Adorable and satisfying twin stick zombie shooter

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Revol posted:

How is it compared to other Lego games? I've tried playing a few, but just found the gameplay to be so uninteresting. It's a shame, I'm a Lego nerd, and I love franchises like Star Wars, Batman and Marvel. These games feel like they were designed for kids, and only for kids.
It's pretty much the same as the other lego games so if you don't get a soothing feeling from punching a little lego tree and collecting a pond of little lego points that poured out from it then it's still not for you.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Palpek posted:

It's also loving insane that they actually got the actors from the movie to record new dialogue, which apparently includes Harrison Ford.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Veotax posted:

It's also loving insane that they actually got the actors from the movie to record new dialogue, which apparently includes Harrison Ford.
Oh poo poo, I didn't know that. Apparently it's his video game debut too and it happens in a LEGO game. Disney must be backing this project hard or Ford is a huge LEGO fan or something.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I hope, they add a game to this.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

They probably had the actors do the lines while the movie was still in development and they had them anyway, if they had any foresight, but still cool.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

Toki Tori 2 is very cheap and it's an exploring platofm puzl thing whatever it owns buy it

I enjoyed this game at first but I ended up absolutely hating it by the end because some of the design decisions are maddening. Also don't ever get stuck on a puzzle because none of the levels have names which means you'll be going through several random youtube videos to find the solution you need.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

is there any way to pause the clock in invisible inc if i want to go smoke or something? i am a chronic afker and this is tough for me

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

SelenicMartian posted:

Dear Esther 2 is looking good.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009
Aquaria chat: Yes that is an awesome game. Also a bit long ago for me so I don't remember everything about it, but it does an awesome job of evoking the feeling of exploring and discovering its world. Excellent music and the voice actress does a great job as well.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Awesome! posted:

is there any way to pause the clock in invisible inc if i want to go smoke or something? i am a chronic afker and this is tough for me

the clock on the mission select screen? i think it will stop if you select a mission or open the main menu. if youre talking about the turn timer i dont know for sure but i think hitting ESC to open the menu would pause that

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Antti posted:

They probably had the actors do the lines while the movie was still in development and they had them anyway, if they had any foresight, but still cool.
Probably yeah but getting a deal like that takes a really close business relation with Disney and considering that the game is also the first source of some of the 'canon' (lol after EU's annulment) backstories of the movie's characters it shows how close those ties must be.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

SelenicMartian posted:

racking up those cunning stunt bonuses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Palpek posted:

Probably yeah but getting a deal like that takes a really close business relation with Disney and considering that the game is also the first source of some of the 'canon' (lol after EU's annulment) backstories of the movie's characters it shows how close those ties must be.

There's been a ton of comics and several novels put out in the past 18 months that are all canon.

• Locked thread