Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Austrians are the ones with a sense of humor/a brain.

Proof that Lauda and Wolff are German.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

MustardFacial posted:

:captainpop: :boom:

My take: I don't think Nico did this on purpose. I think Nico tried to squeeze Lewis out of the corner, because that is what Lewis does to Nico literally every other time he gets past. And I'm willing to bet it's the only overtaking maneuver Nico knows apart from "foot hard down, DRS open."

The problem is that Nico is such a fraudulent, poo poo driver that he bumbles the maneuver and straight rams Lewis. This will not be the last time this happens.

Either way, the race was great. I laughed when Lewis was booed, and I hope these two chucklefucks DNF each other every race so that our Lord and Savior, Kimi can robot himself to a second WDC.

[edit] This is how you properly squeeze someone out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZhh2Kk2MUk

Holy poo poo, after watching that clip... it's almost the same thing, except when Nico was on the outside he didn't have the balls to turn in, he just went wide. Hamilton took him right out to the outside kerb, he didn't leave any space at all.

Also, I'm really starting to like Lauda:

Edit, dammit, beaten by krushgroove and I didn't even see the last page... well, article quoted in its entirety for any F1 truthers who want to get past the corporate lies.

Nikki Lauda posted:

Lewis Hamilton was so furious about losing pole position to Nico Rosberg at the European Grand Prix that he "destroyed" his private room at the Mercedes offices, team chief Niki Lauda has revealed.

Lifting the lid on what Lauda said was a "lie" when Hamilton claimed he was getting on better than ever with his teammate, the Mercedes non-executive chairman has given a fascinating insights into the tensions going on behind the scenes.

In an interview for Red Bull channel Servus TV, which was recorded last Friday but only broadcast last night, Lauda confirmed that speculation Hamilton had been left in a rage after his qualifying error in Baku was correct.

Pushed by veteran journalist Roger Benoit on the programme about reports Hamilton had destroyed his room after Rosberg took pole position, Lauda said: “He did it because he had crashed. He’ll have to pay for that [the destroyed room]. You can count on that.

“He told me I couldn’t come in because he was going to destroy everything. This is how it was.”

Although the tensions between Hamilton and Rosberg erupted in the Austrian race, even at the time the interview was done it was clear to Lauda that things were far from as perfect as had been suggested.

In an interview with the Mail on Sunday ahead of the Austrian GP, Hamilton had claimed that things with Rosberg were better than they had ever been.

“It’s actually really good with Nico at the moment,’ said Hamilton. “Really, really good. Surprisingly. I would definitely not have expected it to be where it is. I guess it is probably with age. He’s a family man. He’s got a kid. He has probably grown in that process and I have grown and come of age. The respect that we have always talked about is bigger than it has ever been.”

But Lauda has said that Hamilton's claims are well wide of the mark, and the situation between the pair is nowhere near as rosy.

“Lewis lied about that, simple as that,” explained Lauda. “He just said something. He wanted to be the softener in order to have his peace last weekend.

"He does what he can. The fight gets hotter the longer Nico is in front.”

Lauda just tells it like it is cause he's a cranky old bastard.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

NtotheTC posted:

Proof that Lauda and Wolff are German.

Lauda is a true Austrian. Wolff is slightly suspect and probably a German imposter.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
haha and the F1 Racing issue I'm catching up on has the cover story of "don't hate Lewis"

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

krushgroove posted:

haha and the F1 Racing issue I'm catching up on has the cover story of "don't hate Lewis"

It's great.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
This, this is why I follow F1

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

krushgroove posted:

Is it "Don't hate Lewis" or "Don't hate, Lewis"?

I'd love to see Lewis trash a fridge while wearing one of Romain Grosjean's shirts.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I hate Lewis. Sorry to disappoint

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

CratSock posted:

Is it "Don't hate Lewis" or "Don't hate, Lewis"?

It's this one:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Lol loving hell British media is the loving worst.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If Rosberg wins the WDC we're going to get a Chernobyl style meltdown from the British media.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Norns posted:

Lol loving hell British media is the loving worst.

Yeah it's hard to find anything between 'bootlicking super fan' and 'horrible gutter trash'

I suppose that's why I only really listen to comedians.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

krushgroove posted:

It's this one:

Editorial by James Allen

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
To be fair, the gist of the article is that Mercedes AMG F1 and Toto are happy for him to have his own life, record albums, jet across to the US and back, whatever, as long as he's quick and gives good results. It was written before Baku (the often-quoted "I don't bother with the simulator like Nico does") and way before this past weekend. But it's just funny timing to be going through that issue at this time.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
isnt lewis saying the relationship is great what mercedes want him to say

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Dubs posted:

isnt lewis saying the relationship is great what mercedes want him to say

which is why it's twice as funny when Ol' Match-head turns around and says "everything isn't great and he's a liar liar pants on fire!"

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Lets face it when the lewis and rosberg are getting along statement came out no one really believed it. Lewis has 1 year left and Nico is out of contract this winter so atm Lewis will get the final mindgames if Mercedes decide to shake it up.

Unless they buy out Lewis allowing him to take a sabbatical to make more bad music.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Hold on melty face says something like Nico had no brakes Robyn after the race and everyone says crazy old bastard don't listen to him. Then he claims poo poo about Lewis being petulant and all of a sudden he is reliable. Also isn't his job managing the drivers or some poo poo? He is totally loving retarded and I assume he makes half his poo poo up. Much like James Allen.

Also Lewis trashing his room is exactly what hunt would have done and we all loved him for that.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

NtotheTC posted:

:laffo: at the idea of Rosberg storming anywhere except Charlie Whitings office to whine about the other drivers being mean to him.

He also likes to storm to the nearest run-off whenever Lewis gets within 5 tenths

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

thegasman2000 posted:

Hold on melty face says something like Nico had no brakes Robyn after the race and everyone says crazy old bastard don't listen to him. Then he claims poo poo about Lewis being petulant and all of a sudden he is reliable. Also isn't his job managing the drivers or some poo poo? He is totally loving retarded and I assume he makes half his poo poo up. Much like James Allen.

Also Lewis trashing his room is exactly what hunt would have done and we all loved him for that.

Nicky Louder's job is to make sure Rosberg wins the WDC

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Nico Rosberg will never be WDC.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

:agreed:

Also, if you think Nico will leave Merc to try and get a WCD with another team LOL. The Mercs are the closest thing he will get to ever winning a WCD and he knows it and will try to re-up his contract. He's also been with Merc going on 6 years now.

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jul 5, 2016

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

I said at the beginning of the year that the only way he was going to win was to psychologically break Lewis and clearly the reverse has happened.

I do feel bad for him. He is giving it 100%, is ridiculous close but he's just not good enough, I think everybody can relate to that in some form or another.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

He chokes under any pressure. If he sees Lewis in his mirrors he will bin one of the Mercs almost every time.

Also, I'll never forget the hat toss.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

I said at the beginning of the year that the only way he was going to win was to psychologically break Lewis and clearly the reverse has happened.

I do feel bad for him. He is giving it 100%, is ridiculous close but he's just not good enough, I think everybody can relate to that in some form or another.

I'm still surprised on how rapidly he seems to be losing his edge. Until Monaco he looked really strong.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Human Grand Prix posted:

I'm still surprised on how rapidly he seems to be losing his edge. Until Monaco he looked really strong.

Me too but it's Nico Rosberg though...did we really expect him to keep that facade up for long?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

It must be difficult psychologically to work so hard and put in so much effort just to see your teammate casually stroll in after partying all week and put the car on pole.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
He never had Lewis on his tail, in Monaco it was the first race where that happened and he instantly capitulated.

He's completely and utterly poo poo.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lewis' album will fail utterly and completely no matter how good it is unless he takes a year out to do massive amounts of publicity in America,and gets someone like Jay Z properly on side, rather than someone like pharell who seems to turn up because he genuinely likes F1 at this point and wants good seats . F1 like to point to instagram followers and say how good it is for the sport but relative to the real starts of instagram he has gently caress all followers. Lewis has 3.5 million on twitter and 3 on instagram. Kim Kardashian has 72 million on instagram and she's only top 10.

e:I had reply open while hefe was posting. "jynx"

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

He never really had pressure from Lewis the first four races, Lewis either fell back on the start or qualified poorly. I hate to say it but Lewis lost those races more than Rosberg won them.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Human Grand Prix posted:

He looked strong because Lewis' car kept exploding. It now isn't exploding. Oh dear.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

thegasman2000 posted:

Hold on melty face says something like Nico had no brakes Robyn after the race and everyone says crazy old bastard don't listen to him. Then he claims poo poo about Lewis being petulant and all of a sudden he is reliable.

The reason no one is buying the brake story is because it's likely so Nico doesn't get disqualified or something so they can still collect 4th place points. I'm just disappointed Nico didn't finish the job and take Lewis out completely. God damnit, Rosberg.

I briefly considered sending Ted death threats on twitter before cooler heads prevailed. But WHY Crofty, surely Lewis deserves his lead back because they were trying to hold off ferrari. What an utter loving insufferable knob.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

nico has really great one lap pace and not much else

nico
is
jarno
trulli

(except way, way less cool)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
dreesemonkey

1:25 Toto nearly punches him in the face for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBitIaPYvCM

Here is the video evidence contradicting what you just said Toto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynv4HM66-78

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

1500quidporsche posted:

:agreed:

I really really want Nico to win, partly because I want to see hard work beat pure talent, and partly because of the apocalyptic meltdown Hamilton would have if his nemesis won the WDC instead of him.

But realistically, I don't think he will win. He's just doesn't have the racecraft to keep it together long enough to battle for a position. Everytime, everytime he is in a battle to gain or defend he fucks it up. There are countless examples of this between just him and Lewis, there is also Minimum Vercrappen's battle in Canada where Nico couldn't even drive in a straight line without spinning.

The man is very good at delivering consistent fast laps over and over again, but he cannot for the life of him fight for or defend against anything.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Mercedes are gonna replace him with Pastor next year, mark my words.

Mercedes are looking to put the fear of god into Lewis and they know the only driver capable of challenging him is Big Pastor Maldonado.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Hahaha Herbert's poo poo eating grin after they show the footage

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Bryter posted:

Hahaha Herbert's poo poo eating grin after they show the footage

How that awful little imp is still employed by Sky is beyond me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

El Hefe posted:

Mercedes are gonna replace him with Pastor next year, mark my words.

Mercedes are looking to put the fear of god into Lewis and they know the only driver capable of challenging him is Big Pastor Maldonado.

Ram him on the last corner? Ram him on every corner.

• Locked thread