Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Supposedly Hiddink is keen on the job. As much as I would like Allardyce for comedy's sake I think Hiddink would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GMEEOORH
Mar 12, 2012
I think they're looking for someone who can avoid getting embarrassed by Iceland actually.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Allardyce would be great but we all know it would just be a stepping stone for him on the way to Real Madrid.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
big sam must walk... into the England managers office

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
All my dreams are coming true

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
big sam should be england manager

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
OP updated to reflect the experience of supporting England through this tournament.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

JFairfax posted:

OP updated to reflect the experience of supporting England through this tournament.

lmao

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

GMEEOORH posted:

I think they're looking for someone who can avoid getting embarrassed by Iceland actually.

Don't think Deschamps is available

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

JFairfax posted:

lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

JFairfax posted:

Lol.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

JFairfax posted:

:laffo:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

So this is what came home?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
arsenal.png

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

JFairfax posted:

the best part about this is how on point tom's 1st reply is

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Club over country - must be difficult times for Sunderland fans right now

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Fair few whispers today in the press that Brendan Rodgers is the FA's favoured pick at this point.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Imagining opening up the option of non-English managers then settling on Brendan Rodgers ffs

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

peanut- posted:

Imagining opening up the option of non-English managers then settling on Brendan Rodgers ffs

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Anything that makes those How Am I Doing Boss jokes a regularity is okay with me

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Rodgers just signed a contract with Celtic, like a month ago, has everyone forgotten already?

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Skinty McEdger posted:

Fair few whispers today in the press that Brendan Rodgers is the FA's favoured pick at this point.

Lol u wot

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
England won't win the world cup with Brendon Rodgers in charge.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I would never count England out of winning the world cup. They've done it before and hell, they created the goddamn sport.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Hoops posted:

Rodgers just signed a contract with Celtic, like a month ago, has everyone forgotten already?

Brendan Rodgers would never back out of a commitment unless it involved a large woman.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
"Sir Alex Ferguson believes England should appoint Sunderland boss Sam Allardyce as their next manager, if the Football Association opts for an English candidate."

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

England won't win the World Cup

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Pissflaps posted:

England won't win the world cup with Brendon Rodgers in charge.

Who's Brendon Rodgers?

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

sebzilla posted:

Who's Brendon Rodgers?

he's brendan rodgers mentor iirc

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

julian assflange posted:

"Sir Alex Ferguson believes England should appoint Sunderland boss Sam Allardyce as their next manager, if the Football Association opts for an English candidate."

No sane person would think otherwise.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012
Someone stepped on poo poo.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Pissflaps posted:

England won't win the world cup

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jul/08/jurgen-klinsmann-oliver-bierhoff-next-england-manager

Take him, please.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Didn't he do some bizarre poo poo while in charge of the USA?

Also, a filthy hun in charge? No thanks!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

He's still in charge of the USA and is a bad manager, the USA being bad notwithstanding.

If you want more of the same for England hire Klinsmann!

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

I support this wholeheartedly; please take Klinsmann off our hands.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Allardyce taking charge would be loving hilarious. I just hope he sticks to his guns and doesn't try to become Allardici. I want to see Carroll up front and some hard cunts in midfield.

Failing that get Hiddink to take over with some young English manager as his assistant to take his place when he retires.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
The fallout from the Euros has already started. Harry Kane has been dropped from the Beats By Dre adverts

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

The papers latest round of drawing an English managers name from the hat has had a catch as the scrap of paper with Eddie Howe's name on it got caught up with the one with Harry Redknapp on it and now they're presenting the dual manager situation as a viable solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
They should bumble along with Southgate or someone until they're all but qualified then hand everything over to Bielsa and let him go nuts

Need to time it just right so the burnout happens after they've lifted the Jules Rimet trophy

• Locked thread