Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is it fascism yet posted:

if i dislike ikaruga and radiant silvergun will i like this?

It's completely different and yes Gunstar heroes is awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Is it fascism yet posted:

if i dislike ikaruga and radiant silvergun will i like this?

More like Contra or Metal Slug but still kinda different. Play co-op if possible

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

If any derpy contard PS4 owners are waiting for the new PS+ games to drop on tuesday , things are potentially looking good. One of the "free" games is some saints row spinoff that I assume is garbage but the other one, Furi, is a brand new bullet hell boss rush twin stick shooter that looks incredibly good and sadistically difficult from the previews .

Also has a bunch of really really good names doing the soundtrack (which will have some dynamic elements as you fight your way thru different boss phases) but if you don't know or care about EDM just understand that it will probably sound a lot like Hotline Miami. I have my hopes up pretty high for this game and apparently there's also some serious leaderboard/score attack functionality so if it ends up being as truly sick as it looks let's all please add each other and compete for scores. A year or two ago I had a pretty good group of Trials/Resogun players on my friends list and I found it incredibly gratifying to go back and forth trying to beat everyone's record. It's honestly pretty surprising how intense and competitive that kind of assymetrical multiplayer action can get

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Like maybe I'll be wrong and it's gonna suck but this video of the first fight in the game looks fuckin awesome . Skip to like 2:30 if you want to avoid all the opening story stuff and don't be intimidated by the fact that the video is like 10 minutes long because the boss attack patterns escalate drastically over the course of the fight and it makes me really stoked for how the rest of the games gonna play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN6VDd7t9yM

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goferchan posted:

Like maybe I'll be wrong and it's gonna suck but this video of the first fight in the game looks fuckin awesome . Skip to like 2:30 if you want to avoid all the opening story stuff and don't be intimidated by the fact that the video is like 10 minutes long because the boss attack patterns escalate drastically over the course of the fight and it makes me really stoked for how the rest of the games gonna play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN6VDd7t9yM

That looks amazing.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah especially considering that (A) that's the game's opening tutorial fight and (B) it's free at launch for PS+ subscribers I'm pretty glad to be a gamer. Those boss bullet patterns at the 9:00 mark or so where the player is alternating between chewing through them with their own shots and doing that warp dodge to get past them looks incredibly fun

Edit: also the video doesn't rly make it clear but from the reviews I've read it sounds like it's sorta structured similarily to "character action" games like bayonetta or devil may cry in that you've got a pretty beefy health bar and have to gently caress up pretty badly to get a game over (even though it's still a potential risk) and the challenge lies moreso in completing fights quickly and efficiently while taking minimal damage so you can get good scores in the ranking system . Trying to keep my hype under control over here but man if they can deliver with this game it's gonna hit all my sweet spots and it could potentially be something I play and replay for a really long time

goferchan fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jul 5, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The one thing that looks not amazing about Furi is that there's a 5+ minute interlude between each boss fight where you have to walk through fixed angle hallways with tank controls while somebody narrates the story at you. But hopefully you can skip those

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
that does look good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oreshika is the vita ps plus game and it looks like a full fledge jrpg with like genealogical mechanics or something. Could be cool but I don't know anything about it.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Oreshika is the vita ps plus game and it looks like a full fledge jrpg with like genealogical mechanics or something. Could be cool but I don't know anything about it.

It looks pretty, so I'm in

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I.N.R.I posted:

that does look good

It looks win, I'm also glad 2k16 was free

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
They should make more jrpgs.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

rediscover posted:

They should make more jrpgs.

they are

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Furi is really good. It's hard

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Ya I know, there's a lot of them on the horizon but I yearn for the 90s when cartoons were cool and there was dope jrpgs coming out all the time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Star Ocean 5 and SMTxFE came out a week ago, which are two pretty big releases

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

What fuckin day do you people think it is.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

rediscover posted:

Ya I know, there's a lot of them on the horizon but I yearn for the 90s when cartoons were cool and there was dope jrpgs coming out all the time
Heh, sounds like somebody didn't watch the new serious Scooby-Doo where they make out and Fred's dad is a murderer.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

Star Ocean 5 and SMTxFE came out a week ago, which are two pretty big releases

lol this is the first time im even hearing about star ocean 5

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!
Volume

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!
is there a way to gently caress up the conversations in deus ex hr? i havent gone out of my way to try and mess up, why would i, but i've gotten every single character to relent or get the silver tongue bonus xp with lines of thought that didnt seem clever enough

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArfJason posted:

is there a way to gently caress up the conversations in deus ex hr? i havent gone out of my way to try and mess up, why would i, but i've gotten every single character to relent or get the silver tongue bonus xp with lines of thought that didnt seem clever enough

Talking your way into the police station was the hardest convo in the whole game for me since its long as poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ArfJason posted:

most of the convos are really easy, and theres even an upgrade that tells you exactly what choices to pick to get ppl to bend over for you lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

you can also be really lame and use quicksaves obv

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

The one thing that looks not amazing about Furi is that there's a 5+ minute interlude between each boss fight where you have to walk through fixed angle hallways with tank controls while somebody narrates the story at you. But hopefully you can skip those

i dont get why devs think walky talky parts are still worth doing, a cutscene would be better even if it does take control away from the player

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Sharkopath posted:

i dont get why devs think walky talky parts are still worth doing, a cutscene would be better even if it does take control away from the player

Haven't played Deus Ex HR yet so not sure if this comparison is relevant but the dialogue system in the Lucasarts Indiana Jones game was loving awesome (not the one based on the movie , but the later original one about Atlantis) and tricking/manipulating people via dialogue options always felt like a very good puzzle but if you failed at that there was almost always the option to just kick their rear end in combat or to solve some environmental puzzle to bypass the confrontation entirely . It's been a long time since I've played it and maybe it doesn't hold up but I have very fond memories of it. I'm pretty sure it released right around when the Adventure Game formula was starting to feel really stale and the multiple paths through the game and the way you had 2 or 3 different ways to "solve" any confrontation was really cool.

Honestly the only game to pull off something similar since then was probably Alpha Protocol with its James Bond/Jack Bauer/Jason Bourne trichotomy with regard to decision making

Dec 26, 2012

ArfJason posted:

yeah. its usually no huge deal if you do though

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!

Larry Parrish posted:

Talking your way into the police station was the hardest convo in the whole game for me since its long as poo poo

lol

Bobnumerotres posted:

you can also be really lame and use quicksaves obv

convos were the only thing i adhered to not quickloading or augmenting for

goferchan posted:

Haven't played Deus Ex HR

hes talkin about furi

01011001 posted:

yeah. its usually no huge deal if you do though

ah alright, i just hoped it wasnt some deceitful bullshit where they make you think there are stakes but all dialogue paths lead to success and you get points for doing them just because they are story progression related (like achievements are in some games)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!
anyway i talked a man down from suicide then i saved my friend malik

good times

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Malik is very good

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
I didn't know you could save Malik in my first run. She was yelling at me to run, that there were too many of them, so I ran! What followed, immediately and later in the Harvester base, was rough.

Dec 26, 2012

ArfJason posted:

ah alright, i just hoped it wasnt some deceitful bullshit where they make you think there are stakes but all dialogue paths lead to success and you get points for doing them just because they are story progression related (like achievements are in some games)

usually it means you have to sneak around/shoot up a place instead of just walking in, or you have to do something else, or you miss out on some bonus

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
Hello if you are playing Deus Ex HUman Revolution try to sere if you can save malik and not kill anyone and get ghost for that segment. I maintain that it is impossible and theres no videos that show it being done while getting the ghost bonus.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!
Theres a video of that. Also just showed a friend revengeance and now its 5 am

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

ArfJason posted:

Theres a video of that. Also just showed a friend revengeance and now its 5 am

There is no video of that.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Whatever, kid. Not like any of us REAL GAMERS care. REAL GAMERS are alone and miserable but enjoy your casual gaming session, kid.

Not like I give a gently caress so whatever.

Go have fun, kid.

I was looking for the MineCon fails thing with the Kappa chant guy and I seen this, and, lmao.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Might play some more Sonic Generations. I'm digging it.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sonic CD, Tales of Symphonia and Mario Kart Double Dash!!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Either MGSV or Thousand Year Door, haven't decided yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

baord games with friends, pobably sonic generations when i get home. i'm enjoying it a ton btw ee, thanks again