Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Richard Burr won't be in NC at Trump's rally tonight. He was on the long-list of Trump VPs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Crows Turn Off posted:

Any ideas what caused this change?

Also, I will not be able to stop Arzying until November 9th. D-:

if the actual state of the race is hillary +3 then both results were within the margin of error

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Crows Turn Off posted:

I will just assume it's statistical noise and throw it on the pile.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Crows Turn Off posted:

Clinton went down a few points from the 24th, probably related to all this indictment news, Trump is still around where he's been for the past few weeks. Though the difference between 44% to 41% and 37% to 40% is pretty hard to interpret.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

zen death robot posted:

Downtown St Louis might be a misguided effort

At least he's not trying for East St. Louis.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks for unskewing the polls! I was getting worried

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Crows Turn Off posted:

Noise.

Relax and have a drink or something

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
The number of polls that have Trump in the 39-41 range is crazy, it's practically all of them. Hillary's numbers have a much wider range, something like 41-51.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Tautologicus posted:

Thanks for unskewing the polls! I was getting worried

you don't understand what unskewing means, huh?

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted

Crows Turn Off posted:

I am not judging this poll in any way, but "Morning Consult" sounds like a euphemism for a bowel movement.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Karl Sharks posted:

you don't understand what unskewing means, huh?

No i dont, why dont you spend 20 minutes explaining it

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Slate Action posted:

The number of polls that have Trump in the 39-41 range is crazy, it's practically all of them. Hillary's numbers have a much wider range, something like 41-51.

My own expectation is that 40% is about Trump's ceiling. He will gradually slide downwards from there on to November, as people increasingly get fed up with him and drift away. I think he'll end up somewhere around 35% in the end.

I just don't see anyone new jumping on the Trump bandwagon at this point, only jumping off.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Heres a hint, if youre handwaving a poll away as statistical noise, that assumes that you think its methodologies were flawed. Polls arent done to end up as "statistical noise"

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

thethreeman posted:

nothing new in the article, but great tactic to go after Jared Kushner. 100% he stays silent, but would be very interesting if he or Ivanka made a statement

the Trump family dynamics of this moment are going to be the best part of the future tell-all book on this campaign. Does trump refuse to admit a mistake was made and refuse apologize to his orthodox jewish daughter, orthodox jewish son-in-law, and grandson??

https://twitter.com/DanaSchwartzzz/status/750388691600801792
im not gonna check it but no way kushner and ivanka are orthodox, learn your jewish denominations bitch

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Deteriorata posted:

My own expectation is that 40% is about Trump's ceiling. He will gradually slide downwards from there on to November, as people increasingly get fed up with him and drift away. I think he'll end up somewhere around 35% in the end.

I just don't see anyone new jumping on the Trump bandwagon at this point, only jumping off.

I notice you caring a whole lot about whos going to vote for trump ITT

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Tautologicus posted:

Heres a hint, if youre handwaving a poll away as statistical noise, that assumes that you think its methodologies were flawed. Polls arent done to end up as "statistical noise"

Actually it's just recognizing that the numbers haven't shifted more than the margin of error.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Tautologicus posted:

heres a hint

"throw it on the pile" doesn't mean "throw it away" as you seem to think

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Tautologicus posted:

I notice you caring a whole lot about whos going to vote for trump ITT

Very observant that you've noticed people discussing the Republican nominee in the Republican thread.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Epic High Five posted:

heres a hint

"throw it on the pile" doesn't mean "throw it away" as you seem to think

Throw it on the pile... with the other kindling!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

MariusLecter posted:

Throw it on the pile... with the other kindling!

OH poo poo THAT IS WHAT IT MEANT ALL ALONG

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

many apologies friends

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Tautologicus posted:

you don't understand margin of error either, do you?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tautologicus posted:

A poll can be performed perfectly and still fall outside the margin of error, outliers are actually to be expected. You don't disregard them but you don't assume they're a new normal.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Deteriorata posted:

Very observant that you've noticed people discussing the Republican nominee in the Republican thread.

You dont have to vote for him, so why post? (This is the argument you used in the democrat thread against an anti-hillary poster)

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Adar posted:

this is much more worrisome than anything else about the Trump campaign itself thus far

Yes.

DaveWoo posted:

Trump is now the nominee of a major party, the "normalization" ship has prety much sailed here

And but also yes.

Trump, and CNN, are symptoms of the psychology of the Republican base. At worst they are symbionts. This is just another bursting bubble in the boiling pot of racism in American history. Their problem is, just like boiling water, they are expending and eradicating themselves without any knowledge of it or ability to stop it.

It's gonna be one hell of a show.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I love that trump is racist far white guy, the candidate.

A true picture of the fnc GOP .

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Slate Action posted:

Paul Begala was on David Axelrods podcast this weekend, he said his goal for Priorities PAC was giving Trump a ceiling of ~40%. Seems like it's working so far.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Sai posted:

im not gonna check it but no way kushner and ivanka are orthodox, learn your jewish denominations bitch
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivanka_Trump

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Karl Sharks posted:

you don't understand margin of error either, do you?

It was +/-2 in that recent poll, any other questions for me?

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

Sai posted:

Yeah they are. Orthodox doesn't necessarily mean Haredi.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

Tautologicus posted:

No but they are done cheaply and it takes a huge sample size to distinguish between a 1-2 point difference.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/SopanDeb/status/750448084421935105

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Does anyone have any clue how the 20% not indicating a preference for those two will vote.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If he wasn't such a buffoon this kind of poo poo would be very damaging .

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Tautologicus posted:

It was +/-2 in that recent poll, any other questions for me?

so you know that means that it is quite possible that there hasn't really been an actual shift in the numbers?

so saying this is statistical noise isn't the same thing as tacking on 5 points to a point because of difference in party polled?

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.

Sai posted:

Are you one of those people who thinks Rabbi Lookstein isn't Orthodox?

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

euphronius posted:

Does anyone have any clue how the 20% not indicating a preference for those two will vote.

the poll is of registered voters so given what turnout usually is they probably just won't show up

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/RosieGray/status/750433159766953984
lol it's a minefield for these trump boys on twitter
https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam/status/750445028531642372

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

euphronius posted:

If he wasn't such a buffoon this kind of poo poo would be very damaging .

The smart thing for Trump to do would be to develop some message discipline and talk only about what the actual findings of the FBI investigation suggest about Hillary's trustworthiness.

The dumb thing for Trump to do would be to rant about a CONSPIRACY and flail around yelling that the whole system is bullshit because she isn't in prison right now

So far he has chosen the latter way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I'm loving the Trump charity beat.

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/750429503172841476

• Locked thread