Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's my favorite Smash and I wish I had more people to play with.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its the best one yet for smashing, they just really fumbled everything outside of the actual fighting

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Otoh smash 4 brought back the best map ever. Hyrule castle.

Well maybe the second best versus they Pokemon tower.

An in training!

Cable Matters 202023 USB 2.0 to 10/100 Fast Ethernet Network Adapter (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ET4KHJ2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_MQTExbM5RW5HH

Ten dollars!

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's my favorite Smash and I wish I had more people to play with.

#goonsmash

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Aston posted:

#goonsmash

theres quite a few people there who go to actual tourneys and poo poo. i can kind of keep up with them but its not the average skill level lol

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
The Nintendo 64 smash bros is still the best

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My favorite is brawl

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I've played this the most. I'll play any imp on smash 4

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

It has the best crowd noise and the best Home Run Bat crack.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mario 3d world is so incredible from top to bottom. been replaying it recently to get wins with all characters and its really fun to speedrun too

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its also one of the prettiest games ever

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a whole slew of postgame levels that are just on-crack versions of the regular levels, eventually unlocking a super challenge level i havent even loving beaten yet because it's so brutal

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sm3dworld ftw

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

mario 3d world is so incredible from top to bottom. been replaying it recently to get wins with all characters and its really fun to speedrun too
It's my third-favorite Mario game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

summer is here

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Have you played Captain Toad?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i have not. while it looks insanely cute its not rly my thing tbh

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

i have not. while it looks insanely cute its not rly my thing tbh
You'll like it if you like 3-D World, trust me.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i like tropical freeze more than 3d world

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
My wife and I can't get past that one timed level in the last world of 3D World. Other than that it has been one of the best Wii U games to coop. That and Yoshi Yarn.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

Boomblox is cool

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
If anyone knows of another game that would be fun for wife coop like Yoshi Wooly World, I'd love to know

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hed posted:

My wife and I can't get past that one timed level in the last world of 3D World. Other than that it has been one of the best Wii U games to coop. That and Yoshi Yarn.
The fire run? You can't really co-op that one.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

I like 3D world a lot more but that's what makes gaming so much fun.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

i do too, specifically because it takes the gloves off so early lol whereas 3d world has that new mario problem of "the game doesnt get hard until world 8"

that said, all the levels are still very creative and pretty, and its way better for coop

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

tbh playing 3d world with my gf the game gets pretty engaging from world 2 on. It's not like, "hard" but the level design is sharp and fun, I never felt like I was just coasting and I still died a bunch. And it is actually quite tough for someone who hasn't been honing their gaming skills for decades. If they made it harder it'd be dumb imo.

Same with 3d land which I've been playing off and on, I haven't got to the hard levels but there are a bunch of bits I got past and thought if I wasn't an autistic career gamer that would've been tough.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

i do too, specifically because it takes the gloves off so early lol whereas 3d world has that new mario problem of "the game doesnt get hard until world 8"

that said, all the levels are still very creative and pretty, and its way better for coop

for sure. if i was going to play co op id choose 3d world way before dk which would obliterate everyone i know

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

3D World is insanely good

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

It rules

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

tbh playing 3d world with my gf the game gets pretty engaging from world 2 on. It's not like, "hard" but the level design is sharp and fun, I never felt like I was just coasting and I still died a bunch. And it is actually quite tough for someone who hasn't been honing their gaming skills for decades. If they made it harder it'd be dumb imo.

Same with 3d land which I've been playing off and on, I haven't got to the hard levels but there are a bunch of bits I got past and thought if I wasn't an autistic career gamer that would've been tough.

idk. games should get hard once the player has a feel for the mechanics, but mario games pull their punches until the very end. like kirby games though that doesnt stop them from being fun, i just really like getting my rear end kicked

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Hed posted:

If anyone knows of another game that would be fun for wife coop like Yoshi Wooly World, I'd love to know

You should co-op having sex with each other

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

rediscover posted:

Wife Coop....

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Made my wife bust a big nut and now I gotta find a med kit to rez this bitch.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

rediscover posted:

she said bitch better have my rumble pack

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Pablo Gigante posted:

I really need to keep playing that. I made it thru like world 2 and even though it's been really really easy all the stages are cool and fun to explore through and I like all the unique gimmicks that keep popping up

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

rediscover posted:

Made my wife bust a big nut and now I gotta find a med kit to rez this bitch.

lmao yeah i hate it when my wife does this, when im having sex. anyway, can we keep this about Nintendo folks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Hed posted:

I don't know if it's on Wii U but I played it on PS4 and Chariot is a physics puzzle platformer that is like the ultimate partner coop game to the point where I felt kind of gay the couple times I played with my roomie instead of my girlfriend.

You control a prince and princess who are in love and the princess's dad is dead but he's a huge prick and demands to be buried in the royal tombs which are beneath a bunch of caves and dungeons so you have to work together to haul his corpse down there and meanwhile his ghost spends the entire time berating the prince for not being good enough for his daughter. Too real. It can be really challenging if you wanna complete all the optional stuff, definitely harder than Wooly World, but it requires a lot of coordination between players and it's really fun. Moreso than testing your reflexes or puzzle solving skills it makes you establish really good communication with your co-op partner and without being an art/feels game at all it still mechanically feels like a "game about relationships".