Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I like the blood mage skill that is basically WELCOME TO BLOODWORLD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Somefool posted:

There's something weird on your side because I use Firefox and it doesn't block any image sites.

Also I don't think I'll be playing these until release since there's no real point.

No idea, even with stuff like noscript and adblock turned off Firefox just doesn't load images from the site.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
On a scale of Demon Slayer to Berserker, I predict Blood Mage has a damage output of approximately 1.3 blood damage per second (bdps).

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Hey guys instead of putting retarded stuff in your guild applications like "hi", please mention your main character's name or your SA account.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
Yeah, it makes us have to go "Not sure if completely unrelated person or guy already in our guild".

Unless it was that Lv. 1 Knight that was 100% a spambot

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Seeking pvp practice partners for my SM. I need to learn a bunch of specific new timings for bludgeon, because there's a 6% attack speed difference between zan and blud in pvp, and a totally different IS chain that's centered entirely around OTG. I'm roughly 1550-1600 rp, but I will be handicapped using a rare weapon with no reinforcement. Help a dude out.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Somefool posted:

You say that, but those aren't sleepy eyes. Dudes on some serious :catdrugs:

He has a loving gas mask and carry around syringes. He can summon a demon called Nyarly which looks like a succubus and his 1st awakening active is what can be described as :japan: :can: :catdrugs:

Calling him Dimension Walk is actually being nice.

Oh come on, how can you say that and not elaborate?

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Man I just gotta say, having a character that actually looks good has improved my enjoyment of the game by like 5 times at least. Everyone should get rare clones. Especially if you don't already have full rares; the +60% town movespeed almost single-handedly prevents me from playing anything but my sword master. townspeed op

Edit: Got Assassin's Blade Ring from a 10-win coliseum pot :toot:. That was one of the last epics I needed. And it means I can start swapping away from ice princess into accessories that actually support DG. Great Glory neck and eventually Guardian Knights bracelet, for all that sweet, sweet all resist. And I can use behemoth again for more raw stats. Because if there was one person in the guild that needed to do even more damage, it was me.

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jul 6, 2016

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Obligatum VII posted:

Oh come on, how can you say that and not elaborate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBMpW8IbJZc&t=128s
2:08 if it doesn't jump to there

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

High on legally distinct bargain bin Chthulu. Huh, so they're a broom user and thus sort of the witch equivalent? Interesting, looks like they follow in the same vein as the necromancer with having one single powerful summon that tags along.

Edit: Gross, full fixed damage? Isn't that still like, distinctly worse than percent based classes these days?

Edit 2: Checked out the guy's swift master video as well. Looks cool, I think they may be able to do some pretty funny juggles via launcher into that not-flame tornado.

Obligatum VII fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 6, 2016

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Hey guild admins: we've been getting a lot of what I assume are non-SA members trying to join the guild lately, so question people who don't put obvious goon comments in their app messages. Especially low level characters. I just kicked a bunch of non-alt low level characters from the guild, so if I accidentally hit you, let me know!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The message only allows 12 letters though, that was barely enough for my main character's name and a space and a number.

EDIT: My point is probably just post in the thread what characters you're sending a request with

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

Gologle posted:

The message only allows 12 letters though, that was barely enough for my main character's name and a space and a number.

EDIT: My point is probably just post in the thread what characters you're sending a request with

Just put your SA username in the message. Not a hard concept.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

fool_of_sound posted:

Hey guild admins: we've been getting a lot of what I assume are non-SA members trying to join the guild lately, so question people who don't put obvious goon comments in their app messages. Especially low level characters. I just kicked a bunch of non-alt low level characters from the guild, so if I accidentally hit you, let me know!

Already posted about that, but part of the issue is that it's not just officers who can process guild applications anymore. Distinguished members can as well. Which should probably be changed, honestly.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Black Balloon posted:

Already posted about that, but part of the issue is that it's not just officers who can process guild applications anymore. Distinguished members can as well. Which should probably be changed, honestly.

Pretty sure you can disable certain features for each rank. There should be a tab that lets you edit rank privileges and I believe invite powers should be on there.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.

Black Balloon posted:

Seeking pvp practice partners for my SM. I need to learn a bunch of specific new timings for bludgeon, because there's a 6% attack speed difference between zan and blud in pvp, and a totally different IS chain that's centered entirely around OTG. I'm roughly 1550-1600 rp, but I will be handicapped using a rare weapon with no reinforcement. Help a dude out.

I just moved to LA so once I get my place set up I'll practice with you. I'm getting into the high 1200s and I should be going higher with some more grinding.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Somefool posted:

Pretty sure you can disable certain features for each rank. There should be a tab that lets you edit rank privileges and I believe invite powers should be on there.

There is. I meant our guild master should probably change it. Hopefully he sees the post.

Mavric posted:

I just moved to LA so once I get my place set up I'll practice with you. I'm getting into the high 1200s and I should be going higher with some more grinding.

Sweet! How do you like the new place?

DFlux
Apr 25, 2008
I'm pretty sure fixed(independent) and percentage based classes are more similar in damage levels now. Its just that percentage based ones can pull ahead if they want to burn a poo poo ton of gold.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Pierce damage is actually worthless outside of solo conditions and only against targets with high defense.

Your base damage is the most important part and also a reason why a +12 won't make you stronger than a guy who +10 amped all his gear.

A class doesn't suck just because it deals fixed damage. A class will suck if their skill set is bad.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Yeah we're still very much playing Dungeon Crusader Online and piercing only kind of matters for a select handful of classes because of unique scaling interactions.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Somefool posted:

Pierce damage is actually worthless outside of solo conditions and only against targets with high defense.

Your base damage is the most important part and also a reason why a +12 won't make you stronger than a guy who +10 amped all his gear.

A class doesn't suck just because it deals fixed damage. A class will suck if their skill set is bad.

Then you have Chaos, who can OHKO Anton Raid bosses (or is that nerfed now in Korea?) apparently.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

i just got this again after a couple years and when I try to launch the game its just a black screen. anyone know how to fix it?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Kly posted:

i just got this again after a couple years and when I try to launch the game its just a black screen. anyone know how to fix it?

Someone else was having them problem and they just had to wait a few minute for it to load in, then change the resolution.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

that did it, thanks! now is there a way to turn off the yellow messages in the chat log? like people trying to sell stuff.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Kly posted:

that did it, thanks! now is there a way to turn off the yellow messages in the chat log? like people trying to sell stuff.

No, but if you don't play full screen, you can click the little gear icon above the chat to set all chats to a sidebar. This gives the echos (yellow chat) their own separate window, so you can ignore them more easily.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I recall DFO Nexus having a mod to completely get rid of echos, but only if you played in windowed mode (it worked by replacing the "new messages" graphic with a pic that covers up the entire echo window so you could duck in and out at your leisure). Besides that, no. You can't dodge echo chat.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.

Black Balloon posted:

Sweet! How do you like the new place?

So far so good, hopefully this sun shine bullshit won't distract from my video games.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

https://gfycat.com/SlimyAdorableArkshell
Don't run halls of eternity with a bad connection to anyone.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

Einwand posted:

https://gfycat.com/SlimyAdorableArkshell
Don't run halls of eternity with a bad connection to anyone.

Man I know Silver Watch can let me chain Outrage Breaks, but this is insane.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Hey, the Exorcism Buff is now active in our guild hideout. Be sure to grab it if you're OVing.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Don't give a poo poo about the Knight 2wakes coming out, but I am hoping their instagram hint is indicative of dye release. Really gotta fine-tune my outfit. My final gear set is pretty much set on monday, until we get anton raid. So I'm making the hard turn into Dungeon Fashion Online.

Edit: I held off on streaming for a week for SGDQ 2016, but with it now ending (sick marathon despite the lack of Big Jon), I will be streaming Sunday night for a while. Ranked pvp (1550-1600 RP), a coliseum run, getting my pvp dailies done, then practice pvp matches. The practice matches will probably again feature Jonno kicking the poo poo out of me, and I'm trying to work out a time with SSTJ to come on for some exhibition matches as well. And of course I'll take requests for streaming anything else in the game. For the practice pvp games, I would really like to get some practice against other Sword Masters, as well as Berserkers, Weapon Masters, all F Mages, and all F Gunners.

Edit2: Oh, stream will start 9 PM eastern, but I can change that if anyone's got some specific time requests.

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jul 10, 2016

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Starting the stream in a bit https://www.twitch.tv/sa_impresaria

Edit: Done for the night! Some solid matches, great nail-biters, some solid jazz, and FITE NITE! Thanks to everyone who tuned in, I always appreciate it.

Edit2: Had a WM come into the practice channel for a few matches, really unfortunate attitude. Very self-conscious, really seemed like, in his mind, his ego was on the line. I'm gonna make a few notes about it and talk a bit about that frame of mind on my next stream, because I think it is both something that everyone has to deal with at some point when they enter a competitive environment, and is a very valuable thing to overcome in any case. I would also hazard a guess that a lot of folks derive their feelings of nervousness or anxiety regarding competition from that feeling that their ego is somehow at risk.

In any case, part of why I decided to start streaming is to overcome that anxiety myself, so it seems appropriate to have a chat about it. Look forward to that on my next stream in a couple weeks.

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 11, 2016

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
Times when matches go really weird: The 3rd Outrage Break happens.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

And knight 2wake I guess who cares :geno:

Full maintenance details here: http://www.dfoneople.com/news/notices/view/Scheduled-maintenance-Jul-12,-2016

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i see all my characters were kicked from the guild again due to inactivity, but doing a search in this new UI shows 369 people? so i guess they upped the limit?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Relin posted:

i see all my characters were kicked from the guild again due to inactivity, but doing a search in this new UI shows 369 people? so i guess they upped the limit?

New guild mechanics. You can earn extra guild space now. Whisper me at Klausen or Rybonius and I'll add your characters to the guild.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Black Balloon posted:

And knight 2wake I guess who cares :geno:

Full maintenance details here: http://www.dfoneople.com/news/notices/view/Scheduled-maintenance-Jul-12,-2016

I care :(

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I hope 2nd awakening for knights isn't going to make me hate myself for not focusing on my Chaos instead of my Monk as a secondary character.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

I hope 2nd awakening for knights isn't going to make me hate myself for not focusing on my Chaos instead of my Monk as a secondary character.

i have very bad news for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

I'm sorry :(

New events look kinda meh. I don't think I have any use for an equipment reinforcement protection ticket, so if anyone has a piece of tradeable gear they want to shoot for +11 on, then let me know.

Suppose I'll just level an EK and build up my explorer level.

Ugh, anton raid when