Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Every day I bet John Boehner wakes up with a huge grin on his face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jygallax
Oct 17, 2011

Every human being deserves respect. Even if if they are a little different.
There's a legitimate discussion to be had about the role that secular dictators have played in the stability or instability of the middle east, but I will never not be skeeved the gently caress out by a presidential candidate whole-hog praising dictators like Saddam for their brutishness and ask-no-questions-gently caress-you attitude.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Trump does share with Saddam a taste for extremely tacky decorations, though. But Saddam was more into paintings of muscular fantasy heroes like Frank Frazetta paintings.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Piquai Souban posted:

The final words of the Trump concession speech will be him telling us that he calls this act "The Aristocrats".

Donald Trump smiles, hugs his wife, his daughter, steps up to the podium, clears his throat.

"The Aristocrats."

The crowd is silent. Donald Trump removes his face mask, and Andy Kaufman takes a bow.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

"...and I continue to pledge my full support to the man who praises him."

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Thunderbro posted:

this is the best year, a real turn of the eras

It Is Great

I was up at the lake last weekend, and my dad had some of his wealthy neighbors over for cards and bourbon. To a man, they have never voted for a Democratic candidate for president. My dad has voted R in every election since 1972. Not even goddamn Watergate made him vote D. He confessed to the group that he not only can't vote for Trump, but he is actually voting for Hillary and for any Democratic candidate running against a Republican that endorses Trump.

His friends are all Republican lifers as well, and they are coming around to the same conclusion. They just want to cut their taxes and make sure they don't have to pay the proles who work for them too much money, or provide them with actual health insurance plans. They don't want to empower of bunch of psychopathic white nationalists and racist fellow-travelers.

This election is in fact great.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
Trump: Kill the families of suicide bombers

Saddam:

quote:

Altogether, more than $1m is to be handed out in Gaza in the coming days in the Iraqi leader's name - probably the last distribution of its kind if the Americans forge ahead with their invasion plans.

The money is allocated on a sliding scale: $25,000 to the families of suicide bombers; $10,000 to fighters killed resisting the Israelis; $1,000 for a battle injury and $5,000 in compensation for a demolished home.

Yesterday, there were 23 families on hand to take President Saddam's money. Those honoured included a Palestinian policeman and a host of young men who sought glory in a largely futile death. Few had succeeded in sacrificing Israeli lives with their own.

With each cheque, drawn on the Cairo Amman bank, came a large certificate decorated with the Iraqi and Palestinian flags. "A gift from President Saddam Hussein to the family of a martyr in the al-Aqsa intifada," the inscription read. "To those who irrigate the land with their blood. You deserve the honour you will receive from God and you will defeat all who bow before your will."

Seems like there's some differences in philosophy there but who am I to judge?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
CNN realizes Trump campaign isnt' very good at ads, makes one for him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXhn2K9Wwn4

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Trump!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC7-Q1dPa_c

H5N1
Mar 8, 2005

heil satan
I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

H5N1 fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 18, 2016

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

mlmp08 posted:

CNN realizes Trump campaign isnt' very good at ads, makes one for him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXhn2K9Wwn4

Did everyone see CNN's hitjob on Hillary? Very dishonest very unfair. Didn't mention the lie about me playing golf at all. not once! I don't watch em anymore if they're not going to be fair.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

"...and I continue to pledge my full support to the man who praises him."

I think Ryan will give Trump until the end of the convention to be a tame, fully compliant figurehead for his agenda, and if not he will retract his endorsement. If Ryan aspires to ever run for President, he is going to need Trump to reform so completely that very one will have a hard time believing Trump,said any of the poo poo he has said so far, or he is going to need to be remembered as the guy who gave Trump the chance to clean up his act, and when he didn't, put partisanship aside and dropped him.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

do north korea next, trump.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oh man how did I forget about him describing the massacre of Tienanmen Square with admiration bordering on the erotic?

Pretty sure he's done North Korea but I'm heading out atm and can't source it

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Mr. Pumroy posted:

do north korea next, trump.

He's already said current glorious leader is great at keeping order

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

H5N1 posted:

I can't believe how excited I am about the prospect of the nation's first fiery latina in the White House!

¡Viva Columba!

just in time for the 100th anniversary of acting president Edith Wilson's re-election

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
https://twitter.com/MashableNews/status/750483782470234112

Holy loving lmao

GastonEatTheEggs
Nov 7, 2012

I mean, at least he tried to be.

Jygallax
Oct 17, 2011

quote:

Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump appeared to praise North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, saying at a rally Saturday that "it's incredible" how he was able to dispatch his political opponents.

Trump called Jong-Un a "maniac" during remarks about North Korea's nuclear program during a rally at Ottumwa, Iowa, but conceded, "You gotta give him credit."

"How many young guys -- he was like 26 or 25 when his father died -- take over these tough generals, and all of a sudden ... he goes in, he takes over, and he’s the boss," Trump said. "It's incredible. He wiped out the uncle, he wiped out this one, that one. I mean this guy doesn't play games. And we can't play games with him."

quote:

“So he’s gotta have something going for him, because he kept control, which is amazing for a young person to do,” he added.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

*25 year old with absolute power has dozens of people killed*

Wow, now this guy knows what hes doing!

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Guys, I think Trump is a fascist? Like, straight up.

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

This is certainly the most insane timeline.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Jesus Christ, America. 12 years ago you fabricated a war to kill the guy, and now your presidential nominee is loving praising him. Make your minds up.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Rocks posted:

Jesus Christ, America. 12 years ago you fabricated a war to kill the guy, and now your presidential nominee is loving praising him. Make your minds up.

No it was definitely a real war.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Karl Sharks posted:

this dude is way too high energy, gently caress

like the anti-Jeb

Trumps demolition of Jeb! via Twitter is still a high point of this campaign for me. Jeb! will never shake off the "Low energy" label.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

is this the first time ryan's had to answer for two trump gaffes in one day?

Jygallax
Oct 17, 2011

These guys, they're bad! there bad guys, right? right? they're bad, but they kill so good! It's incredible! look at how they kill, the best killing! They're strong and in control! they're bad, but aren't they good also? you got to give them some credit for the way they kill.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

MaxNV posted:

This is certainly the most insane timeline.

i used to think the "trump is a democrat/clinton plant" theory was just silly, but why does he keep making me doubt that judgement?

honestly, he's doing as bad as anyone could, if not worse than, if they were trying to throw it without being overtly obvious

it's like the line about the difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to be believable

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol kim jong-un is a powerless figurehead who was nearly done in by cheese

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Consummate Professional posted:

H̶i̶t̶l̶e̶r̶ Saddam had good ideas

Saddam Did Nothing Wrong

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Ivor Biggun posted:

Saddam Did Nothing Wrong

He had some good ideas but took it too far.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

#notalldictators

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
at this rate, how long until we get a condemnation of Trump by Bibi in some official capacity?

Jygallax
Oct 17, 2011

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

at this rate, how long until we get a condemnation of Trump by Bibi in some official capacity?

Bibi has already been one of the people to come out and say that the muslim ban is retarded.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Slate Action posted:

Every day I bet John Boehner wakes up with a huge gin on his face

I know he's allegedly a Merlot guy but he's retired now and can really indulge.

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

Karl Sharks posted:

i used to think the "trump is a democrat/clinton plant" theory was just silly, but why does he keep making me doubt that judgement?

honestly, he's doing as bad as anyone could, if not worse than, if they were trying to throw it without being overtly obvious

it's like the line about the difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to be believable

I'm starting to believe that there's a non-zero chance that the October surprise will be Trump announcing that he was a Clinton plant but now he's gone rouge and is really running against her.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Update on the senator who said "Trump puts faggots in their place"

His platform is incredible

http://www.tedbusiek.com/issues

quote:

$30 minimum wage

Scrap the EBT system and subsidiarize most welfare programs to the municipal level.

Eliminate all "affordable housing" programs altogether.

Ban gays from being foster parents or adopting

Lower drinking age to 18

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Jygallax posted:

Bibi has already been one of the people to come out and say that the muslim ban is retarded.

like, say what you want about the Ba'athists keeping terrorism in check in Iraq or the irony of a bunch of Obama voters being suddenly horrified by Trump praising extrajudicial killing, but Israel is going to be loving pissed at even remote praise of Saddam Hussein

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hillary's first big "general campaign" speech straight up called out his love affairs with totalitarian dictators and of course he gets around to doubling the gently caress down on it after a few weeks.

She should poke fun at his gross comments toward his daughter. See what he does then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

like, say what you want about the Ba'athists keeping terrorism in check in Iraq or the irony of a bunch of Obama voters being suddenly horrified by Trump praising extrajudicial killing, but Israel is going to be loving pissed at even remote praise of Saddam Hussein

yeah but he's been saying this poo poo for months and they haven't cared yet

• Locked thread