Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

Shane Corson's gonna come back from the dead just to kick your rear end.

Fake edit: whoops he's not dead

That's Shayne Corson to you, mister.

Also if you google Shayne, half of the links on the first page are about a notorious child molester.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Not just a tie, a bow tie.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/trudeau-invites-william-and-catherine-for-royal-tour-of-canada/article30755178/

lmao are you loving kidding me

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

MA-Horus posted:

Not just a tie, a bow tie.

gently caress you, bowties are better because they're so much easier to tie properly.

I hate wearing ties and I do so only once or twice a year, but when I do it's most definitely a bowtie.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

PT6A posted:

gently caress you, bowties are better because they're so much easier to tie properly.

I hate wearing ties and I do so only once or twice a year, but when I do it's most definitely a bowtie.

Bowties are for guys who look like movie stars and guys who wear fedoras. Ties are easy to tie.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

James Baud fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Aug 26, 2018

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

How many millions are we going to have to spend just so Justin can snap some royal selfies?

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

James Baud posted:

Nobody cares.

Honestly I'm pretty sure his proclivity for Bow Ties is gonna be right up there with his V6 Mustang as go-to insults moving forward. I mean, it's just so perfect, it threatens to break my suspension-of-disbelief. Like, of course this guy would take his fashion cues from Tucker Carlson.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

PT6A posted:

Is this what you want to be compared to?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

OSI bean dip posted:

No, that's why I don't wear ties in general. But if I'm in a situation where I must wear a tie, I prefer bowties.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

OSI bean dip posted:

:holymoley:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I am absolutely confident that p6ta is getting off on the abuse now. There is no other solution.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I like this a lot.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.

Helsing posted:

Young Liberals tend to be repulsive careerists but they also seem to drink and get laid as much as anyone on a campus so I find them a bit less weird than the self declared Young Conservatives, who usually look like they would shrivel up and die if somebody unraveled the Windsor Knot on their tie.

As a former young conservative, I can confirm this. Though I always preferred four-in-hand.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1M2GjqP0y9SbVGHXV9X17eLcbypht_gPEuT6oCYJ1AoQ/viewform?c=0&w=1

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

jm20 posted:

Dont even laugh, I know someone naming their kid nicole brook :raise:

gently caress you I laughed. Speaking of drinking

quote:

Indigenous woman yells 'I hate white people' before punching white woman, but it's not a hate crime judge rules

“There is no evidence either way about what the offender meant or whether . . . she holds or promotes an ideology which would explain why this assault was aimed at this victim,” he said.

“I am not satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt that this offence was, even in part, motivated by racial bias.”

White was outside Jaimieson’s pub on 17th Avenue S.W., with a friend when an acquaintance of Crowchief’s approached and asked for, and was given, a cigarette.

As White and her male friend spoke to that woman, Crowchief approached and, without warning, yelled “I hate white people” and punched her in the face, knocking out a tooth.

http://calgaryherald.com/news/crime...ime-judge-rules

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Working as intended.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Well she probably went to a residential school so

T8R
Aug 9, 2005
Yes, I would like some tea!
So simply stating "I hate <idea here>" is not enough to indicate the promotion or holding of an ideology? What a strange precedent this sets.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
She meant she hates White people as in people belonging to the White family, which the victim clearly belonged to. Nothing to see here.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

T8R posted:

So simply stating "I hate <idea here>" is not enough to indicate the promotion or holding of an ideology? What a strange precedent this sets.

I predict a rational and well-thought-out copycat offense in the near future.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
A good case to argue judges follow the spirit of the law and not the letter of it,

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
ahahaha really? and this will act as a precedent now?

if the roles were reversed and a white person bunched an aboriginal person in the face saying I hate natives, I have a feeling that they would be crucified for a hate crime

This, and the judge who told a rape victim she should have kept her legs closed is really making alberta seem like it's a poo poo hole....wait..it is

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Sep 9, 2022

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
Seeing a bunch of white people in this thread talk about aboriginal people having a problem with white people is adorable. :allears:

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
oh i'm sorry that's right, if i'm not gay i'm not allowed to opine about anything to do with that, so it would reason that if i'm a certain race i can only talk about my race gotcha

i guess for that matter i shouldn't be questioning judges, or politcal figures in general as i'm neither any of those, man, i can't even talk about my favourite sports anymore, tis life i guess

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Opine

Goddamn son

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
is there anyone out there who can talk about middle aged white parenting, please don't be over 6 feet tall, PM me I don't want offend anyone

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

Naw gently caress that you're allowed to have an opinion on whatever the hell you want.

I may have an opinion on BLM TO in the Pride parade. As a "White CIS male", I can also expect that my opinion carries the force of a wet fart.

I support the LGBTQ2S community. Not being a member of said community however, my opinion should have little to no impact on decisions made in that community.

Anyone saying "you're not allowed to have an opinion on (insert issue here)" can emphatically blow me. My opinion may be good, it may be bad. You may agree with me, or you may be a contrarian gently caress like CI. As long as I am not infringing on the rights of others by my opinion, it is protected. That is Canada.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
In that woman's defense, we white people have worked really hard to get hated around the world. We earned that hatred.

We're the world's biggest Heels.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender

MonsieurChoc posted:

In that woman's defense, we white people have worked really hard to get hated around the world. We earned that hatred.

We're the world's biggest Heels.

White people tend to forget that the vast majority of problems today exist because of their European heritage. Almost all of the world's current strife is the result of Eurasian dominance since the dawn of civilization.

So yeah. It is real cute when those of European heritage complain about how the Middle East cannot get its act together or how Africa is a mess when it is really their ancestors fault.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

If you say "I hate X group" and then attack a member of that group, I don't see how it can possibly not be a crime motivated, at least in part, by that hatred. Ultimately, I don't give a flying gently caress that this woman hates white people (I'll take her at her word) and frankly I don't doubt it might be justified. That doesn't mean you can act on that hatred, and when that hatred motivates violence, it needs to be treated as a hate crime. That's the whole point of hate crimes.

If anything, just give her the standard time off for being a First Nations person, and recognize it as a hate crime, and it'll probably equal out to what a normal person would serve for a normal assault.

Garbage decision.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Sep 9, 2022

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

OSI bean dip posted:

White people tend to forget that the vast majority of problems today exist because of their European heritage. Almost all of the world's current strife is the result of Eurasian dominance since the dawn of civilization.

This idiotic (and, in a weird and self deprecating way, extremely arrogant). Also, "white", "European" and "Eurasian" are really different things.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

If you don't post on facebook at least once a week about how all white people should die and are the only source of evil in the world you're not a real progressive, (or CI). Also white people can't actually be progressive because their blood is tainted with all the guilt of the world, the best they can do is just out-hate their own skin tone and ancestors. When the 3rd world rises up only the 10,000 most self-hating whites will be allowed to live as ally-slaves, so always make sure to score the most points.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Baronjutter posted:

When the 3rd world rises up only the 144,000 most self-hating whites will be allowed to live as ally-slaves, so always make sure to score the most points.

Hello, have you heard the shameful news?

But seriously folks my ancestors made a real cockup of things, that's not my fault personally, it's okay for people to be bitter about some or all of that, and if they don't want me to come to their party I'll just stay home and drink wine out of a box and watch netflix, really it's fine.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Gas this loving thread already. :negative:

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Sep 9, 2022

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
on the one hand you have white people who will consistently undermine an argument due to the past, and on the other hand you have white people who will consistently undermine an argument despite the past

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

Baronjutter posted:

If you don't post on facebook at least once a week about how all white people should die and are the only source of evil in the world you're not a real progressive, (or CI). Also white people can't actually be progressive because their blood is tainted with all the guilt of the world, the best they can do is just out-hate their own skin tone and ancestors. When the 3rd world rises up only the 10,000 most self-hating whites will be allowed to live as ally-slaves, so always make sure to score the most points.

I think that's what these queen's students were doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH8QHETu418