Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The only problem with that is there'll be two Alices and two Clovers if they were to be sent to a happy ending timeline. While not exactly an issue, it's gotta be awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Momomo posted:

The only problem with that is there'll be two Alices and two Clovers if they were to be sent to a happy ending timeline. While not exactly an issue, it's gotta be awkward.

akane will just kill them both because akane is stone cold like that

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Thinking about it, there were two Carloses for ten months before the game even started. How in the world did he manage that? Did he have to find a new job and a new home? Did he go through the entire process of being a firefighter again? That sounds like a rough ten months.

Edit: and how did he get out of the bunker and

Momomo fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jul 6, 2016

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Momomo posted:

Thinking about it, there were two Carloses for ten months before the game even started. How in the world did he manage that? Did he have to find a new job and a new home? Did he go through the entire process of being a firefighter again? That sounds like a rough ten months.

Edit: and how did he get out of the bunker and

He jumped back 10 months. The X-Door was just a regular door.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Delta might be a disappointing antagonist, but I thought Zero was great.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

He jumped back 10 months. The X-Door was just a regular door.

I really doubt that thing was in a place Carlos could just waltz out of.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Momomo posted:

I really doubt that thing was in a place Carlos could just waltz out of.

Hmm. In that case, the decontamination room door wouldn't have yet been welded shut - he could likely have escaped that way. Unless the whole 'middle of the desert' thing is your issue, I don't really have an answer for that one other than 'I guess he figured something out'.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

How the gently caress does the transporter even work. Like there are an infinite number of timelines it can go to, how would you even go about choosing one.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

By expanding your mind and thinking in Base-13

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Paul Zuvella posted:

How the gently caress does the transporter even work. Like there are an infinite number of timelines it can go to, how would you even go about choosing one.

Just open the flowchart and click the correct node, duuuuuh

:yeah:

Voisk
May 9, 2013

Terper posted:

Carlos is a real superhero.

Man I loved this. Carlos got everyone all hyped for him to teleport back in and he just got sidetracked in another world so he looked like a crazy person.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I'm playing through the game for real this time, and I noticed that, in the beginning at D-Com, Mira jokes about Sean maybe being a "one-night mistake" only to be told to knock it off by Diana. Is this possibly an intentional allusion to Phi/Delta being born later?

Also, later Zero announces the make-up of each time. Interestingly, he evades labeling Sean as Q, saying "As you can tell by the name, the leader of Team Q will be Q" instead of using the word "you" like with Teams C and D. The camera still zooms in on Sean when Zero says this part, though, giving that initial unsaid impression that Sean is supposed to be Q. Very clever!

e: In retrospect, Zero saying "with this information [about the X-Door], surely some of you are thinking, 'how can I kill six people?'" is pretty funny given Delta's mind-hacking powers.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Jul 6, 2016

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Voisk posted:

Man I loved this. Carlos got everyone all hyped for him to teleport back in and he just got sidetracked in another world so he looked like a crazy person.

There are a lot of fun moments in this game but one of the best is when Eric is holding a gun on everyone and Sigma and Carlos briefly get into a confused discussion about difference between psychic time travel and alien machine time travel, forgetting about the crazy fellow with a gun looking at them like they're the crazy ones.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Terper posted:

Delta might be a disappointing antagonist, but I thought Zero was great.

I thought both Delta and Zero were great.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Well, ZTD apparently sold less than 4000 copies in Japan on release week

It was expected but still, :rip:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

voltcatfish posted:

There weren't enough power of friendship speeches.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

voltcatfish posted:

Proof that Japan doesn't know what's good.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Japan has better taste then fail westerners, this is just our broken clock moment

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Cake Attack posted:

Japan has better taste then fail westerners, this is just our broken clock moment

Source your quotes

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Beloved forums poster Cake Attack

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cake Attack posted:

Beloved forums poster Cake Attack

I've heard he's prone to being wrong all the time.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Jack Trades posted:

I've heard he's prone to being wrong all the time.

I dunno, I think Cake Attack is a pretty swell guy.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hold on

*accesses the morphogenetic field*

Mhm... yeah, mhm...

Cake Attack is correct.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Terper posted:

Hold on

Mhm... yeah, mhm...

Cake Attack is correct.

sorry, can you provide this information to me by deep philosophical / metaphysical discussion complete with analogies and/or metaphors - OR by comparing it to movies by overcomplicating the plot? I don't know how to respond to information from the morphogenetic field otherwise. :(

tia!

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Terper posted:

Hold on

Mhm... yeah, mhm...

Cake Attack is correct.

Technically there has to be one universe where this is true, I suppose.

Voisk
May 9, 2013

Meiteron posted:

There are a lot of fun moments in this game but one of the best is when Eric is holding a gun on everyone and Sigma and Carlos briefly get into a confused discussion about difference between psychic time travel and alien machine time travel, forgetting about the crazy fellow with a gun looking at them like they're the crazy ones.

...and lets not forget what Carlos thought of the plot of Back to the Future (Otherwise known as "That Very Noticeably Not Mentioned By Name" Movie).

"Wait that's the movie about the kid trying to time travel bang his mom right?" That's the FIRST thing that comes to mind when that movie is mentioned?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I love the emphasis in his voice on that line

The HIGH SCHOOL PROTAGONIST

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Voisk posted:

"Wait that's the movie about the kid trying to time travel bang his mom right?" That's the FIRST thing that comes to mind when that movie is mentioned?

Checks out, that's pretty much all most people know about the plot.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Wait, when exactly does the title screen change? I skipped ahead to the True Ending on my file just to see if the game would point out me knowing things I shouldn't ahead of time, but then I noticed the title screen changes from a black screen with a ZTD bracelet in the corner to an evening shot of the outside of the DCOM facility. :stare:

I don't think I've heard anyone mention that one yet.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Think it changes to "where you are"

When I saved in the Power Room and had crashed, the title screen was at the power room when I rebooted

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
It does that throughout the game. I think it shows some scene relevant to whatever fragment you last saved in.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
So how many copies did they sell in the US

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

My favorite part was near the end when Junpei was like "we've regained our memories".

And Akane was like

"Well ACTUALLY it's more like we accessed the Morphogenetic Field and..."
:goonsay:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Luna Was Here posted:

Probably about 12.

EDIT:
Looks like it's about 10k

EDIT EDIT:
Which incidentally proves that Japan knows worst.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 6, 2016

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Luna Was Here posted:

They don't really publish this information like they do in Japan so who knows

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

On Steam according to Steamspy, about 9k.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Steam spy isn't great at lowish numbers though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZTD is the niche sequel to two niche games that almost requires you have played the previous games first. Its numbers were destined to be terrible.

• Locked thread