Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

thejacob posted:

Anyone else gotten their 15 sony bux for spending 100 yet? I am worried that they are going to try to cheat me out of it since the fist 50 of my 100 was psn auto-renewing the day the deal started.

No, but there's still a few more hours to go in the day. We should be receiving it some time today supposedly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

the truth posted:

Looks like I'm finally picking up Talos Principle

Thanks for mentioning this... Really enjoying it, scratches that first person puzzler itch

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Hmmm...is DOA5:Last Round worth $15? I remember liking a few of the older games well enough if not loving them. Is it just more of the same?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wolfsheim posted:

Hmmm...is DOA5:Last Round worth $15? I remember liking a few of the older games well enough if not loving them. Is it just more of the same?

Yeah, pretty much, nicer graphics, more boobs, more DLC

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

thejacob posted:

Anyone else gotten their 15 sony bux for spending 100 yet? I am worried that they are going to try to cheat me out of it since the fist 50 of my 100 was psn auto-renewing the day the deal started.

I got a notification on the ps4 itself but it's not in my wallet.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Wolfsheim posted:

I think so - it's a good fighting game, and you get some Virtua Fighter characters also (Akira, Pai, Sarah are there for certain, but I think there were 4 total, just can't remember the last one - Jacky, maybe?) who have their moves implemented quite fluidly into the DoA controls - sadly, I think it's the closest we're getting to VF on the PS4, but I hope I'm wrong.

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Jul 6, 2016

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I got a notification on the ps4 itself but it's not in my wallet.

Go to the notification, open it up and press X. It takes you to the PSN store so it can add the $15 to your wallet.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

housefly posted:

Also borderlands handsome collection seems like a good deal at 15 bucks. I've never played it.

If you want a whole lot of videogame for not a lot of money $15 for the Handsome Collection is a pretty good deal because that's Borderlands 2, the Pre-Sequel and all of both games' DLC.

Proposition Castle
Aug 9, 2004
Witty message goes here.

axleblaze posted:

Is Laserlife worth $3?

I thought it looked neat and sounded cool but there's only 3 'tracks' and you have to play the same song four times a row to unlock the next. By the time I finished the first four levels I felt pretty much done.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Furi is actually pretty rad and I typically turn my nose up at indie games. Turns my PS4 fans into drone propellers for seemingly no good reason though.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

muscles like this? posted:

If you want a whole lot of videogame for not a lot of money $15 for the Handsome Collection is a pretty good deal because that's Borderlands 2, the Pre-Sequel and all of both games' DLC.

Yeah, I bit. Looked too solid to pass up. A friend also picked it up, so we'll be grinding it out together.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

the truth posted:

Looks like I'm finally picking up Talos Principle

I got it on steam last week and played about 6 hours, really enjoying it so far

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

housefly posted:

Yeah, I bit. Looked too solid to pass up. A friend also picked it up, so we'll be grinding it out together.

Word of advice, the DLC areas are all unlocked via the fast travel system so be careful because you can accidentally go to one and they're mainly meant to be played after you finished the main story. They also don't break down what point goes to what DLC so you'll have to look that up.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Surgeon Simulator using the controller's motion controls is a touch of genius.

I'm so sorry Bob.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

enojy posted:

Furi is actually pretty rad and I typically turn my nose up at indie games. Turns my PS4 fans into drone propellers for seemingly no good reason though.

I wish it didn't have the walking segments that you can't skip have no gameplay and barely any narration, but the bosses are very fun to fight

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

RBA Starblade posted:

Surgeon Simulator using the controller's motion controls is a touch of genius.

I'm so sorry Bob.

I picked that up for a dollar when they had that 1$ sale. It's been worth every penny just for sheer absurdity. I feel like a drunk Doctor. It reminds me of home :3:.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

So, surgeon simulator, or surgeon simulator + I am bread?

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

In Training posted:

I wish it didn't have the walking segments that you can't skip have no gameplay and barely any narration, but the bosses are very fun to fight

If you press the X button, he'll walk without you having to hold the controller. That makes it a lot more bearable.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

If you press the X button, he'll walk without you having to hold the controller. That makes it a lot more bearable.

Yeah I was using this. But if they're going to do that just let me skip the whole sequence. I really don't care that much about your interstitial art, even if it is nice.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

So, surgeon simulator, or surgeon simulator + I am bread?

I am bread is a scam created for youtube personalities to get, make a quick buck off a wacky video, and then refund on steam.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

I am bread is a scam created for youtube personalities to get, make a quick buck off a wacky video, and then refund on steam.

A library lacking in sentient bread protagonists who do sick nasty wall climbing and trick flips is incomplete. :colbert:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Real hurthling! posted:

alternatively, it's another wonky hard to control physics 'game' like Surgeon Simulator so the bundle makes sense. They're both throwaway but fun for one sitting if you like that kind of thing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh I said I'd report back on Energy Hook. Well it's not very good. It's got extremely fast movement but it's not fluid at all and the camera can't keep up so you're just flying off the screen and it's hard to reign yourself in. The menus and presentation is very budget but it was made by one guy so that's not too damning. There was one moment where I chained together an insane wall run swing combo and hit huge points and popped like 6 trophies and felt like a badass but it also felt almost lucky and I have had no way to recreate that. Ah well. Big bummer

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Is Furi as good as it looked

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

In Training posted:

Oh I said I'd report back on Energy Hook. Well it's not very good. It's got extremely fast movement but it's not fluid at all and the camera can't keep up so you're just flying off the screen and it's hard to reign yourself in. The menus and presentation is very budget but it was made by one guy so that's not too damning. There was one moment where I chained together an insane wall run swing combo and hit huge points and popped like 6 trophies and felt like a badass but it also felt almost lucky and I have had no way to recreate that. Ah well. Big bummer

All the guy had to do was recreate New York and let us be able to swing around it. No jetpack combo wall-running time attack bullshit, just swinging around taking in the sights.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Wolfsheim posted:

It's a GREAT game for casual matches with friends. Rematches load instantaneously and the counter system makes for fun "moments". It's my favorite couch vs. fighting game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Is Furi as good as it looked

I've seen a lot of good reviews and it had my roommate screaming about how hard it is so it's at least vaguely difficult.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

jabro posted:

All the guy had to do was recreate New York

lol

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so did carpenter brut do the entire soundtrack to Furi or just the trailer song

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

BillmasterCozb posted:

so did carpenter brut do the entire soundtrack to Furi or just the trailer song

They have 4 songs on the soundtrack. Most songs are by Danger.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
The Furi soundtrack is pretty rad, this was my favorite track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CGMk_roNaE

As far as the game goes, I really enjoy satisfying bosses in things like Bloodborne, Dark Souls and Monster Hunter but for whatever reason it's not clicking with me in Furi.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 364 days!
How scary is Soma? I get scared at games easy and was pretty grossed out by the RE7 demo. I can play the Silent Hill games ok but jump scare games, no way

I've looked and there's been complaints that it's not scary but the monster designs are terrifying even though there's no fighting, so I don't know?? :ohdear:

I just want a good contemplative story and not be making GBS threads my pants every 5 minutes

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

tenderjerk posted:

How scary is Soma? I get scared at games easy and was pretty grossed out by the RE7 demo. I can play the Silent Hill games ok but jump scare games, no way

I've looked and there's been complaints that it's not scary but the monster designs are terrifying even though there's no fighting, so I don't know?? :ohdear:

I just want a good contemplative story and not be making GBS threads my pants every 5 minutes

The monster stuff isn't really that heavy so you should be okay. The game is more about existential horror than jump scares.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I would REALLLY recommend not getting SOMA. I found it extremely boring with little to no interesting gameplay.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

Oh well, thanks for reporting back. Saves me $15

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

jabro posted:

All the guy had to do was recreate New York and let us be able to swing around it. No jetpack combo wall-running time attack bullshit, just swinging around taking in the sights.

he should have made it in the sim copter engine so you could import sim city 2000 cities

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

tenderjerk posted:

How scary do you find the bottom of the ocean? There's lots of dark ocean floor stuff. I loved that, my favorite part of the game's atmosphere. The monsters are more irritating than anything else.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

axleblaze posted:

Saves me $15

Speaking of $15, looks like the $15 if you buy $100 promo codes started going out, got mine 25 minutes ago.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Yo, FURI is awesome.

e: Be forewarned -- there are some 'struggle' quicktime events where you have to waggle sticks. It's not something that came up for me in the first fight, so maybe they cover it there, but otherwise.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jul 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

Speaking of $15, looks like the $15 if you buy $100 promo codes started going out, got mine 25 minutes ago.

Looks like mine hit the inbox a few mins ago as well.

muscles like this? posted:

Word of advice, the DLC areas are all unlocked via the fast travel system so be careful because you can accidentally go to one and they're mainly meant to be played after you finished the main story. They also don't break down what point goes to what DLC so you'll have to look that up.

Thanks. I'll be on the lookout before I/we do anything stupid.

• Locked thread