Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
"Gooks" is a racism for Asians, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna
May 31, 2001

A hand full of seeds and a mouthful of dirt

That70sHeidi posted:

Can someone explain what that means pls?

Gooks are Vietnamese, specifically Vietcong. He is probably referencing signal flares going off when the "gooks" got into the barrier of the American encampment.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm very concerned that Cotton Hill has a 2 year old child.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Ularg posted:

I'm very concerned that Cotton Hill has a 2 year old child.

IIRC he was named Good Hank.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

:siren: NO FUN ALLOWED :siren:

Why did you put so much effort into censoring Evansville, IN? If you're that concerned about revealing to the internet that you live in Evansville, IN maybe just not bother posting it?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

:shrug:

I got halfway through before noticing how much there was to do and well I couldn't back out now!

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
I thought "gooks" were Korean, not Vietnamese?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Arizona Sen. John McCain refused to apologize yesterday for his use of a racial slur to condemn the North Vietnamese prison guards who tortured and held him captive during the war.
"I hate the gooks," McCain said yesterday in response to a question from reporters aboard his campaign bus. "I will hate them as long as I live."
McCain, a former Navy pilot who spent five years in a Vietnamese prisoner of war camp, was questioned about the language because of a story last month in the Nation magazine reporting his continued use of the slur.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

I thought "gooks" were Korean, not Vietnamese?

Filipinos, too. It's fairly common to dehumanize your enemies by using racial epithets.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
An old guy I used to work with would ask if we wanted to order "Charlie Gookers" for lunch in reference to Chinese takeout. He was a Vietnam war vet, so I'm pretty sure it refers to anyone who is in any way vaguely Asian (at least to him).

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

:godwin:

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Is he saying that Hitler went to heaven because, before he killed himself (I thought this was a sin too), he said 'forgive me father, I've... I've done some bad poo poo'?

Also nominating new thread title - People worse than Hitler, such as Hilary Clinton.

Vvv he's basically saying 'be as evil as you like, just remember to accept Jesus before you die!'

EvilGenius has a new favorite as of 09:54 on Jul 6, 2016

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
That argument doesn't even make any sense because what Trump proposes is still in no way Christian. It's not because he can seek forgiveness and be penitent and rise to heaven after death that whatever he did suddenly becomes ok in regards to Christian faith :confused:

Yes technically Hitler could have turned to Jesus and poo poo but that doesn't mean what he did is excused in any way. Why are so many people so bad at their own religion?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Fathis Munk posted:

That argument doesn't even make any sense because what Trump proposes is still in no way Christian. It's not because he can seek forgiveness and be penitent and rise to heaven after death that whatever he did suddenly becomes ok in regards to Christian faith :confused:

Yes technically Hitler could have turned to Jesus and poo poo but that doesn't mean what he did is excused in any way. Why are so many people so bad at their own religion?

I remember a Chick Tract that had a plane going down and some devout Christians who went on missions their entire lives and worked for charities went to hell because they didn't repent, yet a murderer in transfer between prisons went to heaven because he repented. Some people really believe that. No matter what you do in life, as long as you repent on your deathbed, you're guaranteed a spot in paradise!

For content, I saw this status.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
I'm pretty sure that Facebook aren't in the war crimes industry.

Tony Blair on the other hand… :itisatopicaljoke:

https://twitter.com/furries4corbyn/status/750604763532853248

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Picnic Princess posted:

I remember a Chick Tract that had a plane going down and some devout Christians who went on missions their entire lives and worked for charities went to hell because they didn't repent, yet a murderer in transfer between prisons went to heaven because he repented. Some people really believe that. No matter what you do in life, as long as you repent on your deathbed, you're guaranteed a spot in paradise!
Repent and accept Jesus as your personal savior. The couple in the story were clearly Catholics that believed in doing good works and not salvation through Grace.

If you want to check it out yourself Here you go the plane part is only the first half. The rest is explaining just why grace is the only way to go.

Really we're just all dogshit to this version of God only fit for hellfire unless we accept Jesus into our hearts. Nothing else matters at all.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
But repentance on your deathbed is a pretty accepted thing in Christian faith, that's not even what I'm criticising. Just look at the criminals crucified next to jesus.

The thing is that it does not justify or whitewash anything you have done in your life. So in the end the dude's argument seems to have no relation to what they were discussing.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Fathis Munk posted:

But repentance on your deathbed is a pretty accepted thing in Christian faith, that's not even what I'm criticising. Just look at the criminals crucified next to jesus.

The thing is that it does not justify or whitewash anything you have done in your life. So in the end the dude's argument seems to have no relation to what they were discussing.
I'm pretty sure that the argument the Idiot on Social Media was going for was more of a judge not lest ye be judged argument. Bad people can repent and do good so don't you go around pointing out that Trump is bad because God is the true judge.

QueenOfMistakes
Feb 22, 2007

Kittens are tasty.

Darkhold posted:

Repent and accept Jesus as your personal savior. The couple in the story were clearly Catholics that believed in doing good works and not salvation through Grace.

If you want to check it out yourself Here you go the plane part is only the first half. The rest is explaining just why grace is the only way to go.

Really we're just all dogshit to this version of God only fit for hellfire unless we accept Jesus into our hearts. Nothing else matters at all.

Why are Adam and Eve eating aubergine as the forbidden fruit in that tract?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I got a notification on twitter, I just stopped on the name and description and laughed.

Oh man this is so perfect. :allears:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Darkhold posted:

I'm pretty sure that the argument the Idiot on Social Media was going for was more of a judge not lest ye be judged argument. Bad people can repent and do good so don't you go around pointing out that Trump is bad because God is the true judge.

Yes but they still were bad people before repenting and their actions are forgiven, not retroactively made Christian. Anyways I'm dumb to focus so much on this I'll leave it at that.

I think this is just spill over from the freep thread where they call themselves firm Christians and advocate for murder in the next sentence. Religious people not getting the point of their religion somehow really annoys me.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

TinTower posted:

I'm pretty sure that Facebook aren't in the war crimes industry.

Tony Blair on the other hand… :itisatopicaljoke:

https://twitter.com/furries4corbyn/status/750604763532853248
What is it with furries and MRA poo poo? Seems really common.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

What passes for Christianity for much of the US is a vile and self-serving apostasy that regards Christ as nothing more than a cosmic get out of jail free card, while ignoring every word of moral instruction he provided. It's probably not for nothing that the most successful film about Christ's life was a few hours of fangorious violence depicting the alleged circumstances of his execution and almost nothing of his teachings.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

Ularg posted:

I got a notification on twitter, I just stopped on the name and description and laughed.

He must be right, because it's white police murdering black kids, and police cant commit crime by definition.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Hillary worse than Hitler has been called.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

Gridlocked posted:

Hillary worse than Hitler has been called.

Do you think he knows that Hitler killed millions of Jews, or does he just think that failing to use correct email protocol is worse?

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I worked with a girl who changed from being Catholic to some weird nondenominational Christian group because she preferred the idea that everyone is a sinner worthy of hell unless you accept Jesus because it put less work on her personally to not sin and do good works.

They also like to ignore Matthew 7:21

"Not everyone who says to me "lord lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven but only the one who does the will of my father in heAven"

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

"you see all that stuff about being a good and decent person is for a ~different dispensation~. all that stuff about not being a queer is for right now today tho"

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Forgall posted:

What is it with furries and MRA poo poo? Seems really common.

Socially awkward nerds with a huge vocal male majority who tend to form fairly tight knit echo chamber communities to convince themselves that they're flawless, the rest of the world is just wrong. :shrug: It's like any other kind of hosed up moron, just with a lot more unashamed weird sex poo poo being posted everywhere without warning.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

EvilGenius posted:

Do you think he knows that Hitler killed millions of Jews, or does he just think that failing to use correct email protocol is worse?

Well you see, all those Jews were probably European and the four HEROES of BENGHAZI were AMERICAN so that means KILLARY CUNTON is worse than Hitler.

:freep:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Ambitious Spider posted:

"Not everyone who says to me "lord lord" will enter the kingdom of heaven but only the one who does the will of my father in heaven"

Pro Bible Tips: Don't be a dick to people.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Ularg posted:

It should be a crime to be a gigantic jerk though!

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Ularg posted:

Being a white man is not a crime.

But drat if some people don't make a good argument for it.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's a GTA joke fellas

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Ularg posted:

I love when people don't get the joke. Mike's washout stoner gently caress up son is making fun of nerds like that.

The best was when some libertarian group ran poo poo from Bioshock not getting they were the punchline.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Darkhold posted:

:allears:

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Darkhold posted:

I love this one, it has God literally punishing people with eternal torment, despite them having done nothing but good deeds. Why would you worship such an evil god?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

If only somebody could decide on the correct way of getting into Heaven and settle all this bickering once and for all.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

EVEN NOW SITHRAK OILS THE SPIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Atreiden posted:

I love this one, it has God literally punishing people with eternal torment, despite them having done nothing but good deeds. Why would you worship such an evil god?

Because it allows you to be a complete rear end your whole life if you just turn to the Lord in the end.

It is a terrible way of looking at the whole thing