Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my loadout is non-lethal only. everyone in this game is one of my men, they just may not know it yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
If an enemy soldier doesn't have an A+ or higher in any skill I murk them

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

If an enemy soldier doesn't have an A+ or higher in any skill I murk them

You're disrespecting the Boss's vision.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Men become Demons

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Now I remember... Today is the day we met

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

METAL GEAR SOLID 2: SONS OF LIBERTY
Play time 8:16:59
Save 33
Continue 10
Alert 15
Kills 2 (wtf I was non lethal the whole game)
Rations 5
Tanker-Plant CODENAME: Scorpion

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Men become Demons

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Benny D posted:

METAL GEAR SOLID 2: SONS OF LIBERTY
Play time 8:16:59
Save 33
Continue 10
Alert 15
Kills 2 (wtf I was non lethal the whole game)
Rations 5
Tanker-Plant CODENAME: Scorpion

Congrats Scorpion

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Does this pantywaist even know what he's doing?!

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Some other things I wasn't expecting
1. 'Words that kill' isn't figurative, it's literal
2. 'Going nuclear' actually means to acquire a nuclear weapon (a'la Peace Walker), not going psycho
3. 'Men become Demons' was actually referring to Volgin

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

What a thrill...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just realized that Twitch Chat is what you get when you don't let the Patriots take control.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

It's insane how Kojima and Fukushima were completely accurate in predicting the effect of social media on the American public.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It's insane how Kojima and Fukushima were completely accurate in predicting the effect of social media on the American public.

Yeah and literally every aspect of American society including the war Economy and PMCs and drones ect ect ect

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

It was definitely stuff people were talking about in studying media at that time but it's cool that Kojima knew his poo poo and used it so well in MGS2.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Black Baby Goku posted:

Yeah and literally every aspect of American society including the war Economy and PMCs and drones ect ect ect

i fuckin love this forum

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

i fuckin love this forum

Lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, I guess lets discredit the life work of visionaries because... Reasons? 😂😂😂🙉👌🏿🐍🐍🐕🐕

Baby want this? 🍼. Sit the gently caress down

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's incredible that Metal Gear Solid 3 so accurately predicted the idea of the "Cold War", where nations are warring with ideology and ideas rather than weapons.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

It's incredible that Metal Gear Solid 3 so accurately predicted the idea of the "Cold War", where nations are warring with ideology and ideas rather than weapons.

The nations aren't the players in that ideological battle in MGS3

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

i fuckin love this forum

lol

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

In Training posted:

Lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

hahah

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

Lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

So many empty quotes on this page, holy poo poo.

I made it to the area after The Sorrow last night, which has gotta be the chillest area in any Metal Gear game. So green and mossy, butterflies and goat. I think it's repurposed from the original E3 trailer where you see Snake dive off the waterfall. I was so hyped when I first downloaded this off IGN at like 240p:

https://youtu.be/hXUono66wxI

Have you guys seen the original MGS3 concept trailer? Its running on the MGS2 engine and is still using some of its assets. Plisken running around in a jungle. Worth a watch:

https://youtu.be/oGNpU1tKlxI

I should be able to beat MGS3 tonight. I thought I would last night but The Fury kicked my rear end repeatedly. Such a good last act, drat.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I just did the (first?) Fortune fight in MGS2. What the heck was that!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Aston posted:

I just did the (first?) Fortune fight in MGS2. What the heck was that!

let me guess, you couldn't kill her? :rolleyes: newbies

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

I couldn't either. I hate luck-based fights.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Snake Eater (the song) is better then most actual Bond themes

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

beepstreet posted:

Some day you'll feed on a tree frog.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

beepstreet posted:

I never skipped the intro when starting the game

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Bobnumerotres posted:

the bullets just went around her :(

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

In Training posted:

Just realized that Twitch Chat is what you get when you don't let the Patriots take control.

Or...what if it actually is though? Think about it. Kappa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

im currently marathoning the series my friend whos a loving casual hes only played MGSC(casual) (MGSV) LOL

were only beat mgs1 and he got rekt so many times lmoa

he gave up fighting gray fox and i beat him in one try LOL loving casual I also did the same with Mantis, Liquid (fistfight) and the jeep chase lmao

casual rear end MGSV n00bs cant handle bosses cuz there are no real ones in MGSC LMAO

Theyre just like :cry: WHAERS MUH BUDDIES :cry: WHERES MUH SUPPLY DROP :cry: WHERES MUH QUIET!!!! :cry:

SEriously, this is how most of mgs1 went:

him: :downs:

Me: :smug:

:downs: gently caress! I died again! So...can I use d-dog yet? :downs:

:smug: No n00b.

:downs: Oh that's okay...I'd rather use Quiet anyway. When does she show up in the story?

:smug: *pinching my forehead like in south park* N-n-No. Just.......No.

MGS2 has also been a shitshow, yet has turned out to be quite the Lulzcow as well.

• Locked thread