Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Oh this old thing. Where they willfully misunderstand tax brackets at people and act like its a gotcha.

Christ, you're weak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

empireofcrime
Nov 3, 2015

The crimes of this guilty land can never be purged away but with blood.

Error 404 posted:

Oh this old thing. Where they willfully misunderstand tax brackets at people and act like its a gotcha.

Christ, you're weak.

Wasn't Vox's calculator also off(left something out or added something that threw off the numbers?).

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

empireofcrime posted:

Wasn't Vox's calculator also off(left something out or added something that threw off the numbers?).

Yes. It was.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Oh hey I was looking through the thread for something and found democrats.jpg to go along with the .png version

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
Wait, is that article suggesting that the method of instituting universal healthcare would be just slapping a $6000 tax on everyone?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

NumberLast posted:

Wait, is that article suggesting that the method of instituting universal healthcare would be just slapping a $6000 tax on everyone?

Yep. Its really dumb.
Vox is loving garbage

E: reminder that this guy works for Vox.

Error 404 has issued a correction as of 05:25 on Jul 5, 2016

empireofcrime
Nov 3, 2015

Error 404 posted:

Yep. Its really dumb.
Vox is loving garbage

E: reminder that this guy works for Vox.

Remember when Yglesias kept mentioning "experts agree" and poo poo like that with no references and when called out on it his response was "Well if you trust this publication you should trust me."

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/750160007048622085

empireofcrime
Nov 3, 2015

If there's a circle of Hell where you're forced to eat boiling poo poo for eternity, I hope Yglesias goes there.

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

Labels are idiotic, but I'm just trying to figure out what to call the new crop of the young Democratic voters. There does seem to be a difference between them and the old dog Democrats, even if it is moderately.

the wokeletariat :ussr:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Breadallelogram posted:

stop putting an apostrophe in Sanders you stupid gently caress
Or put it as Sanders' after the S, since the S is part of his name.

Why do you gotta butcher a perfectly ruined language more?

Error 404 posted:

[citation needed]

XyrlocShammypants posted:

You can do some research of your own. It's all out there.
Burden of Proof you CTR goon.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Yea, I think the US is going in a "my team is great and gently caress your team" direction from now forward. Even if the two democratic candidates were virtually identical there would be greater divisions between supporters of each candidate than in the past, with perhaps one side still suggesting they are 'a new and fresh perspective for the left'

I have mixed views on this. On one hand on paper there is very little difference between Hillary and Bernie. Their voting records are 93% similar and they both have a 100% rating from the NAACP. This makes the "Hillary is a neocon" and "Sanders hasn't shown that he'll do anything for people of color", ridiculous arguments. It isn't like this is new. In 2008, Obama and Hillary had a much more divisive primary, yet here we are eight years later with Hillary proudly running as a "third term Obama."

On the other hand, the technical differences between Hillary and Bernie are major. We already see this with their differences between trade deals and foreign policy which have huge top down effects on everything else.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

punk rebel ecks posted:

We already see this with their differences between trade deals and foreign policy which have huge top down effects on everything else.

That 7% difference matters a lot as you point out here.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Error 404 posted:

That 7% difference matters a lot as you point out here.
I'm Puerto Rican and Palestinian. Their stances on Israel and PROMESA are very concerning and matter a lot. I imagine down the years more things like this will pop up.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

tsa has issued a correction as of 16:44 on Jul 5, 2016

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

I would look more closely at quantitative and qualitative data on Sander's supporters. The idea that there is a new vanguard with strong ideological commitments to economic left leaning politics is not the reality. In short, there is no "new left"

Ding ding ding, anyone expecting sanders to lead to some new leftists renewal is in for a sad time :(

ThndrShk2k posted:

Burden of Proof you CTR goon.

Oh go gently caress your burden of proof and actually try learning something if you don't want to sound like a dumbfuck?

Palicgofueniczekt posted:

I haven't seen this at all.

Put down the chair then.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

empireofcrime posted:

If there's a circle of Hell where you're forced to eat boiling poo poo for eternity, I hope Yglesias goes there.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

tsa posted:

Oh go gently caress your burden of proof and actually try learning something if you don't want to sound like a dumbfuck?
I'm gonna make arguments without citing proof and then deride you for not looking for said proof yourself rather than provide it myself to back up my own argument!!!!:byodood:

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
If I make wild accusations with no basis in reality you have to prove me wrong. :colbert:

Bill Clinton stabbed a man to death in '88 and hid the body on the Exxon Valdez.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

NumberLast posted:

Bill Clinton stabbed a man to death in '88 and hid the body on the Exxon Valdez.

hmmm do you have a source for this?

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014

Breadallelogram posted:

hmmm do you have a source for this?

gently caress you baby. Stop being lazy and find 'em yourself.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Bill Clinton and Donald Trump gently caress children

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

I found a source. Cheggidout:

NumberLast posted:

If I make wild accusations with no basis in reality you have to prove me wrong. :colbert:

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

NumberLast posted:

gently caress you baby. Stop being lazy and find 'em yourself.

wow, you are smart and I respect you

empireofcrime
Nov 3, 2015

Since we're now operating under Yglesias rules as far as providing sources:

Most experts agree that tsa is a Clinton operative and was personally involved in murdering Vince Foster "just for fun".*

*You can trust my sources because I am trustworthy.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Error 404 posted:

Bill Clinton and Donald Trump gently caress children

prove it

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

http://www.dailywire.com/news/5749/both-trump-and-clinton-went-jeffrey-epsteins-sex-amanda-prestigiacomo

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

I wish I could forget about this.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Hajj Podge posted:

I wish I could forget about this.

Its important we never do

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
Pfft, c'mon you guys. Clinton isn't a rapist, just a precocious scamp. Like Dennis the Menace with a mean erection.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Krampus Grewcock posted:

Pfft, c'mon you guys. Clinton isn't a rapist, just a precocious scamp. Like Dennis the Menace with a mean erection.

Pennis the Menace.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
https://youtu.be/exnaY0l4XsM

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Thirteen months jail time for literally forcing underage girls to have sex with clients.

Barret Brown got 63 months: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jan/22/barrett-brown-trial-warns-dangerous-precedent-hacking-sentencing
Sterling got 42: https://theintercept.com/2015/05/11/sterling-sentenced-for-cia-leak-to-nyt/

Manning got 35 years. Snowden is in exile for the rest of his life.

The Obama administration alone has handed out a total of 526 months actual sentenced prison time (doesn't count time spent in jail pending charges or trial) to whistleblowers/journalists.

At the start of this election cycle, I said on these very forums that anyone who wouldn't vote Hillary to avoid a possible Trump presidency was an idiot.

I'm voting Teal: Green where available on ticket, Dem where not.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!

A Stupid Baby posted:

Thirteen months jail time for literally forcing underage girls to have sex with clients.

Barret Brown got 63 months: https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jan/22/barrett-brown-trial-warns-dangerous-precedent-hacking-sentencing
Sterling got 42: https://theintercept.com/2015/05/11/sterling-sentenced-for-cia-leak-to-nyt/

Manning got 35 years. Snowden is in exile for the rest of his life.

The Obama administration alone has handed out a total of 526 months actual sentenced prison time (doesn't count time spent in jail pending charges or trial) to whistleblowers/journalists.

At the start of this election cycle, I said on these very forums that anyone who wouldn't vote Hillary to avoid a possible Trump presidency was an idiot.

I'm voting Teal: Green where available on ticket, Dem where not.

Glad to hear you got over that nasty case of Blunomattewho.

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)

Mr. Horrible posted:

the wokeletariat :ussr:

thread title

Classic Comrade
Dec 24, 2012

(hair tousled from head shaking during speeches)
lol matt yglesias wrote an entire article saying how it's okay that building codes are different in bangladesh, who cares if hundreds of people got crushed to death when a factory collapsed??? just the price u pay, for the net positive of globalization!! :angel:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

So he's part of that "sweat shops are necessary" crowd?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

hes part of the if you complain about sweat shops you are problematic crowd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Didn't Africa say "gently caress you!" to sweat shops, and still has a growing economy? I believe parts of Latin America as well?

• Locked thread