Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
Syc got me set up and answered my barrage of questions, usually in an understandable-by-the-sane format, so I'm good.

Also I wasn't lying, Star Wars is stupid as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

excuse me it is pronounced "sah-vahgh"

Orv
May 4, 2011
i know! :smith:

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!
RIP champ 160 mail. Not sure what I'll do without getting constant reminders of my poor life choices.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Yeh. The gap closers were getting stuck on terrain so the genius solution was to turn terrain off apparently. You can now leap and fly... Unless of course you are on a slight incline in which case they don't work at all.

The cp160 messages were the only thing allowing me to maintain a positive outlook on life.

ContraceptiveCereal
Mar 27, 2010
Does the lizard master race still have horrible racials?

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

ContraceptiveCereal posted:

They haven't changed yet. Next update (Augustish?) gives them some changes that seem to be intended to make them better healers? Next update has a bunch of changes to racial passives.

quote:

Argonian Skills
Amphibious: This passive ability has been renamed to “Resourceful.” Also, it no longer increases your swimming speed by 50%. It now increases your Max Magicka by 1/2/3%, and continues to restore 4/8/12% of your Max Health, Magicka, and Stamina whenever you drink a potion.
Quick to Mend: This passive ability now increases your healing done by 3/6/9%, instead of increasing your healing received by 3/6/9%.
Restoration Expertise: This passive ability has been renamed to “Amphibian.” Also, in addition to the current benefit it now increases your swimming speed by 50%.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I have a question. I keep hearing about stam builds and magic builds, etc. but I'm not sure how it all comes together. Like, If I wanted to play an Orc dragonknight stam does that mean I only take abilities that use stamina or morph into skills that use stamina? Sounds like a dumb question so I'm probably overthinking this or something.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Red Mundus posted:

I have a question. I keep hearing about stam builds and magic builds, etc. but I'm not sure how it all comes together. Like, If I wanted to play an Orc dragonknight stam does that mean I only take abilities that use stamina or morph into skills that use stamina? Sounds like a dumb question so I'm probably overthinking this or something.

short answer Yes, long answer yes and no. Stam build means that basically you're going to be using all stam skills, but some (such as stam sorc) still will have a magicka based ability or two, but they won't be your big spenders.

I just swapped to stam sorc, and I'm still leveling a few abilities but basically I threw all attribute points to stamina except 10 into health(I should have just made 1 or 2 health enchants instead of dropping points into health), all my enchants are stam, and all my abilities except 1 use stam, my 1 magicka ability is crit surge, which I basically use once a fight unless it's a boss I might slam it a second time, and I might add a second magicka ability, but it as well will be a buff because I won't have enough magicka to throw down a bunch of damage abilities.

So, basically, you are going to be building your skills/gear/CP/attribute/everything around stamina/magicka, making your pool higher, your regen higher, 90% of your abilities will spend it and your gear will increase it/decrease the cost of abilities that use it etc.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

ContraceptiveCereal posted:

Idunno what YOU'RE talking about my lizard-tank owns the poo poo out of people in PvP.

They are getting a Magicka bonus next update tho, as well as getting their healing received bonus changed to a healing done bonus so they'll probably be the heal-tank meta soon enough.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Orv posted:

Also do you have one of every main stat of each class? How long does leveling take these days?

Yes, I have (almost, don't have a stamblade) one of each class in each stat. With training gear and xp scrolls, pure grinding ought to get you to level 50 pretty fast.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Yeah, since you only need to get to 50 and CP is static across all classes you just gotta grind to 50 (can be done quickly if you're not doing all the dumb side quests etc) and you're ready to go.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ok with Update 11, the majority of Bind-on-Pickup items will be tradeable for 2 hours after being looted, and only with those who were in the same instance as you. This includes Monster Helms, but does NOT include Monster Shoulders (since those are instanced to you only).

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Can't find it, but wasn't there something about increased drop rates from chests or something?

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

I think I read somewhere gold keys had 100% chance to have monster shoulders but I could be making that up

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

That was an old thing from DB. Gold Key chests already drop monster shoulders 100% of the time.

E: Thank you for making my lizard tank even stronger :getin:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Frothgar 2: Froth Harder.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Is the account support side of this game terrible and slow or have I done something wrong such that I can't get them to send a password reset or an account creation email after an hour

MF_James
May 8, 2008

RentACop posted:

Is the account support side of this game terrible and slow or have I done something wrong such that I can't get them to send a password reset or an account creation email after an hour

I've had these emails take a while as well, the few times I've had to use their services it's been anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours.

Some content: Just swapped to stam, but it looks like thundering presence morph was changed, should I still be using Hurricane, should I use the other morph, or is there something else that's better now?

Also, when do you guys usually run stuff? I'm finally getting a bit more into the game (I've been playing since release, level 50 230ish CP) and I'd like to do some dungeon stuff, I've literally never run a group dungeon because GF and I just quest and do stuff together.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

MF_James posted:

I've had these emails take a while as well, the few times I've had to use their services it's been anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours.

Some content: Just swapped to stam, but it looks like thundering presence morph was changed, should I still be using Hurricane, should I use the other morph, or is there something else that's better now?

Also, when do you guys usually run stuff? I'm finally getting a bit more into the game (I've been playing since release, level 50 230ish CP) and I'd like to do some dungeon stuff, I've literally never run a group dungeon because GF and I just quest and do stuff together.

I love running dungeons so just drop something in chat sometime and we'll do it up. I'm on kinda sporadically but if you see thefloobyest online chances are I'll jump at the chance to run something.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
For Stam Sorc Hurricane is better than it initially appears. It gets stronger as it goes and I think it procs critical surge. I currently run my Stam Sorc without rally or vigor. Currently I am running DW/sword n board. Not the meta of the month by any means. Fengrush runs bow and 2h for pvp and DW for PvE. His builds are interesting and he has YouTube explanations. Sort of 1337 skillz end game, but he does touch on interim builds before you have all that. Sometimes I spec the heal morphs in dual wield, but don't usually even need those and can use the damage ones. Dark Deal can be a pretty good use of Magicka this patch. My Stam Sorc is a WW, but I rarely use it and don't bother with the overload bar, which a lot of people use for extra skills on Stam Sorc. You can get stuck in overload though. The Dawnbreakers do physical damage now and are a good ULT. People us smiting in pvp for the CC. Flawless gives a couple percent weapon damage. Trap Beast can be fiddly, but if you get used to it is a nice Stam buff for crit damage. I tend to keep shuffle, hurricane and crit surge up all the time. Oh, I also use bound armaments at present for the max Stam, but a lot of people don't.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

MF_James posted:

Hurricane + Major Expedition + Orc speed passive = literally zipping around the battlefield murdering things.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Scyantific posted:

Hurricane + Major Expedition + Orc speed passive = literally zipping around the battlefield murdering things.

I'm AD an uh gently caress if I remember what race honestly, definitely not one that's racials deal with stam.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Yeh, sometimes I add quick cloak from dual wield for major expedition on the Stam Sorc. My brain is not fast enough though.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

If I want to melee DPS on my templar or sorc is it best to choose all the stam morphs and stack stam? I'm not sure how to go.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Anybody have any good sword and board stamina nightblades?

I've been working on one, and its been pretty successful in the early game. I've even got another friend doing a similar build. But, I'm seeing a lot of builds online are very reliant on bow and dw/2h for DPS and the shield seems to be for people who are more magicka reliant. I was thinking I might have had something of a "sap tank" build, but I guess I morphed a few of my siphoning skills wrong, and these builds all seem to warn against going about things the wrong way or else they just aren't effective. I suppose the real question in the end is if any builds have any merit and if I should be changing my direction.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

RentACop posted:

Hey folks, we have identified an issue that is currently preventing game related and billing-and-account emails from going out. If you are not receiving an access code email and haven't recently changed your email address, this is likely why. We're investigating and will resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
That's actually kind of a good deal
http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/07/06/announcing-the-elder-scrolls-online-gold-edition

quote:

The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition includes the following content:

The Elder Scrolls Online
DLC game packs:
Imperial City
Orsinium
Thieves Guild
Dark Brotherhood
Palomino horse mount
500 crowns to spend in the in-game Crown Store for new game accounts
Starting today, you'll be able to pre-order The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition for $59.99 from select retailers.

edfurlong
May 1, 2006
@edfurlong if you need someone to annoy you with questions beg for gear and quit in a week.

Thanks!

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Hey, for what it's worth the group finder seems to be working well. Queued for a random normal as DPS or heals, and I got matched in just a couple of minutes, as dps! Wee!

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

NeurosisHead posted:

Hey, for what it's worth the group finder seems to be working well. Queued for a random normal as DPS or heals, and I got matched in just a couple of minutes, as dps! Wee!

I had a similar experience. I think it's still quite busted, but in a very good way that I'd like to experiment with before I say anything.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Holy crap, traded 2 Akaviri motifs (about 350k Alliance Points worth) for 7 Alloys, 800 Rubedite Ingots, and 5 Dreugh Wax.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Bluh, some part of my computer hosed itself last night. GOOD TIMES. Also going to Croatia for a couple of weeks, so see when I see you I guess <3

Orv
May 4, 2011
Somebody make words at me about magicka templars.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Jesus Beam + Self-heals

Orv
May 4, 2011
It is regrettable that I've done all this 'work' on this sorc and every time i go grind some other class does something cool while I'm watching. Magicka templar seemed like the most interesting though.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Mag temp has zero mobility though, thanks to Hurricane Wrobel and his Templar HouseTM gimmick.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Speak English man.

Gorgeous Mohammad
Oct 15, 2009
Can I get an invite @handsomemohammad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Orv posted:

Speak English man.

At about 250 CP with my Magplar. When I queue for random normal dungeons as a healer, what I usually end up doing is sitting in the middle of my own rune focus in light armor, tanking multiple mob packs by myself, just spamming biting jabs or whatever the self heal morph is called and cackling like a loving madman. I can solo everything except for Wrothgar world bosses so far, and I don't doubt that I could down those if I optimized my gear a bunch. Magplar owns.

• Locked thread