Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Bruceski posted:

For the shuffling enemies, is there any sort of tell, or is the copies dropping materiels when you kill the main one just a "you guessed right" reward for not killing all the magic guys?

You have to kill the Magic guys if you want to truly know who the real deal is. It's not that hard, just a bit more time consuming than usual, but you are allowed enough time to kill the Magic Guys, then the real Dark version.

Also, holy poo poo! The Nightmare Looms mission is loving fantastic! :allears: It's no Scattered Seeds, but my God is it extremely challenging! Contrary to the picture, you get to pick a team of four asskickers for this one, and I promise you that you will be needing every single one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

mabels big day posted:

No Linebeck. gently caress this game. gently caress Nintendo. gently caress Koei Tecmo. This is absolute horseshit. I seriously cannot believe that they announce a single DLC character from the DS games, which only had ONE notable original character in it, and instead of choosing him they add a fourth Zelda. Absolutely unbelievable. This is worse than not adding Groose. This is worse than adding Young Link instead of Skull Kid for the Majora's Mask DLC. This is a sin that a thousand Grooses couldn't fix.

Same, that's actual bullshit and I hope it's fake

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

All that said, Toon Zelda might actually be pretty cool if its the ghost form and she fights with Phantoms. Its just a shame they opted for 1 new character and 1 new weapon instead of 2 new characters so we could have Linebeck. Toon Link's weapon drat well better make up for it, and I mean it has to be either Ezlo, or the Four Sword.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Wouldn't Toon Zelda fighting via the Phantom thing from Spirit Tracks be kinda redundant, though? I mean, isn't that basically what normal Zelda's Dominion Rod move set is supposed to be based on?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I just hope there's one more freebie character to round out the character select screen again.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Whereas Ralph, Nintendo. Where the gently caress is Link with a pointy wizard hat

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Ralph's off being poo poo somewhere and failing to score with Nayru.

(Though one of the Oracles would be awesome as DLC characters)

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

mabels big day posted:

No Linebeck. gently caress this game. gently caress Nintendo. gently caress Koei Tecmo. This is absolute horseshit. I seriously cannot believe that they announce a single DLC character from the DS games, which only had ONE notable original character in it, and instead of choosing him they add a fourth Zelda. Absolutely unbelievable. This is worse than not adding Groose. This is worse than adding Young Link instead of Skull Kid for the Majora's Mask DLC. This is a sin that a thousand Grooses couldn't fix.

the dlc characters have been a constant series of gently caress ups in terms of picking literally anyone someone wants

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Seagull posted:

the dlc characters have been a constant series of gently caress ups in terms of picking literally anyone someone wants

Marin's cool.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

codenameFANGIO posted:

Marin's cool.

shopkeeper when

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)

Seagull posted:

But we got Tingle, the best character.

He wouldn't have had 4 spin-off games if he wasn't the best character!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The best DLC characters have been Tingle and Marin if you don't count Cia, Volga, and Wizzro.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I sort of stopped playing after finishing the last fight of the termina map, still need to clear it up.

The only thing holding me back from playing more of this game is having to grind maps for item cards, wish I could just spend money to buy them

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

lmao there's so many similiarities between Tingle and Linkle in this game that it's completely hilarious, especially in terms of who they believe that they actually are! (Seriously Tingle? You think you're the reincarnation of the Great Fairy? :allears: Now where have I heard something similiar before...)

Also, on another note, it looks like Marin may not break mid-high after all.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
So I finally pushed through and finished unlocking characters and weapons on the regular adventure map...the Great Sea map is SO much better. I like that the different areas of the map are gated off until you go in and use a Wind Waker to move the headwinds. I think with the base adventure map having the whole thing just open up based on story completion led to an overwhelming sense of "where do I go, what do I do?"

Being confined to one little corner of the great sea really focused me and I cleared out all the weapons and costumes (and all but one heart piece...ruto!!!!!) before moving on.

I may actually stand a chance of completing most of the content in this game if the other adventure maps are more like that than the base one (spoiler alert: I barely touched the Termina or TP maps on Wii U because to this day I still haven't finished the original)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Is there a one-stop guide to unlocking all of the adventure mode content anywhere? With all the L3 weapons and costumes and fairy gear (are fairy clothes even fixed drops?) there's such a ridiculous amount of stuff to unlock that I never know if I've unlocked everything on any map or not.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Jul 3, 2016

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Lemon-Lime posted:

Is there a guide to unlocking all of the adventure mode content anywhere? With all the L3 weapons and costumes and fairy gear (are fairy clothes even fixed drops?) there's such a ridiculous amount of stuff to unlock that I never know if I've unlocked everything on any map or not.

In-game you'll get a little "[Icon]-Complete!" Notification at the top of the screen if you've unlocked everything of a given category on an Adventure map. Also, when you select any given square. Stuff you have collected will be checked off while stuff you haven't won't be, so there's a way to check certain map squares.

Fairy clothing does seem to be fixed drops; map squares will have different icons based on what type of clothing it is.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

mabels big day posted:

Well, if it's true, there's always next time they make a Hyrule Warriors game, hopefully. Maybe then they'll include characters like Linebeck and Byrne.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
The last mission of Legend Mode is kicking my butt. There's just so much to do and I get overwhelmed once Gohma and Manhandla show up. Is there a general idea of who should be doing what, or do I just need to coordinate my characters better? Also, along similar lines, I've noticed that once I issue a character orders they stay locked in until I give a new one, is there any way to release orders and put them back under AI control?

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So did anyone else notice that Medli's now using King Daphnes' table for her badges instead of her normal one? I mean I"m glad to have less Phantom Ganon required now, but.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Well, just up to the Master Quest map now and i forgot how poo poo these dont get hit maps are. I'm doing to do Link's L3 spinner mission at level 110 and still can't do it because it's loving brutal.

Also, did they change the rupee drop material requirements? I was sure they were bronze rather than the silver in the 3DS. Doesn't seem like it would be easy to continually produce it after each battle.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Kin posted:

Well, just up to the Master Quest map now and i forgot how poo poo these dont get hit maps are. I'm doing to do Link's L3 spinner mission at level 110 and still can't do it because it's loving brutal.

Also, did they change the rupee drop material requirements? I was sure they were bronze rather than the silver in the 3DS. Doesn't seem like it would be easy to continually produce it after each battle.

Get the My Fairy that comes with the Wall of Water skill on the bottom row of Master Quest. Wall of Water absorbs a few hits on "don't get hit!" maps. Not so much "all attacks are devastating" ones, but it's still very useful.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
So I'm struggling a little bit to exploit the weak point on the Darunia fight. The weak point is up for maybe a second or two it seems. Is there something I'm missing?

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
He doesn't have a lot of opportunities to WPS, no. If you want to get one, then either bait him into doing the roll attack and move to the side, or shoot him with the bow when he does the lava pool hammer smash. It would probably be faster to just beat him up normally unless you have a really weak character, though.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009

kvx687 posted:

He doesn't have a lot of opportunities to WPS, no. If you want to get one, then either bait him into doing the roll attack and move to the side, or shoot him with the bow when he does the lava pool hammer smash. It would probably be faster to just beat him up normally unless you have a really weak character, though.

Okay I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some super obvious mechanic or something. I'm just using the suggested character, impa I think? She has all over her available upgrades so far. I'll just smash his skull in. How do I know if my character is to weak or not?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Moochewmoo posted:

Okay I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing some super obvious mechanic or something. I'm just using the suggested character, impa I think? She has all over her available upgrades so far. I'll just smash his skull in. How do I know if my character is to weak or not?

If you're underlevelled, or if he hits you and your HP takes massive chunks of damage.

If you're using the naginata against him, a good way to damage him is to use a strong attack from a distance, as it does a rush attack to get you next to him, and there's no global cooldown preventing you from smashing him with weak attack combos once you're actually next to him.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I want to die doing Volga's T3 weapon unlock.

I don't know what it is about it but I somehow keep taking damage and I'm not sure what actually is hitting me. I had one run where Argarok got jammed in a doorway and kept spewing fire and the hookshot wouldn't reach unless I took a hit. When I said gently caress it and tanked it the fire just glanced me and did enough to ruin the damage score.

Second run I pulled the dragon to the ground but he still had a invisible attack hitbox I guess because when I ran up and started visibly damaging the weak point gauge I randomly got sent flying and had 7 hearts taken or something insane.

It's really frustrating that this dragon keeps bugging out on me.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Cleared Koholint Island Dark Ruler (actually surprised that Ganondorf would be the one to summon Ganon again; expected Cia Unmasked... also, I think the mission type they decided to go with for the Dark Ruler mission this time around was a pretty good choice), gotten all of the weapons, A Ranked the Koholint Island Reward Map mission which was pretty awesome (did not expect Wizzro to be involved on that map as it's sole enemy army leader doing things by himself), and currently grinding for 5 star 8-slot versions of Lv. 4+ weapons for characters that I'd actually pick at times which in this case would be Gauntlets!Link, Darunia, and King Daphnes (whom I recently did get an ultimate Supercharged Sail for :toot:).

King Daphnes is going to rip -fos and Blin enemies to shreds.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I was thinking about Zelda bosses and how cool it'd be to play as Blind in a game like Hyrule Warriors and I guess what I'm trying to say is "What boss characters do you think would be fun to play as in a hyrule warriors sequel"

I mean, there are the obvious answers like Vaati, Onox, Veran, Yuga, and Agahnim, but are there any particular boss enemies that you would think would be fun to play as? I think they did a good job with converting Volvagia into an original character for the game, and it'd be pretty cool to see Byrne, Phantom Ganon, Majora's Wrath, Blind the Thief, Twinrova, Morpha, Bongo Bongo, and Igos du Ikana as playable characters in some way. All of them would offer something unique to the game imo, though idk if any of the other warriors games have moves similar enough for them to crib stuff from when designing moves for characters like these

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The horse head knight with the morning star weapon.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Midna is a lot less bad now that I have her full attack string unlocked and understand how to play her (spam C5 24/7), but she's still incredibly annoying. Between your attacks carrying you so far forward you usually end up missing an officer that's blocking after the second hit and the 2s pause with annoying, low-quality, grating voice clip after each WPG attack (which look like rear end, incidentally), she's still my least favourite character in the game. :v:

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Takoluka posted:

The horse head knight with the morning star weapon.

This is good but Thunderbird or one of the bouncing sword beam murder birds would be better imo.

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
Armos Knight Posse and you get to confuse enemies with false doubles and naruto poo poo. Also features a self-destruct move and the ability to weigh down cool looking buttons

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The butt monkey from Twilight Princess

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

The penguin guy who took Ricky's boxing gloves in Oracle of Seasons

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Let me play as Facade from Link's Awakening, thanks.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The biggest travesty is we still don't have Groose. It is a grave injustice in this world.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Veran would be really fun actually

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016

mabels big day posted:

The penguin guy who took Ricky's boxing gloves in Oracle of Seasons

This sentence is cracking me up. Zelda is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coffeecup
Feb 26, 2016
Actually I would be really interested in how certain Zelda boss mechanics translate when the player is in control.

I think many would not, because of a power imbalance (ex: boss has projectiles and you do not, or boss has element of surprise wrt which attack they throw out during a sequence). Bosses are also typically designed to be continually weakened, shifting linearly from one moveset "stage" to another. I guess the parallel is a fighting game because abilities, health, and opportunities are generally un-replenishable.

Regardless, if I'm just thinking instead of "fun powers that bosses happen to have," Aghanim would be neat in a "NO DAD, I CONTROL THE TENNIS GAME NOW" way.

coffeecup fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jul 6, 2016

• Locked thread