Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Sinister Rap
Oct 19, 2012

Eopia posted:

I believe that you get a Master Seal as a reward for recruiting all the Arena mirages if that's something you still need.

On the topic of play records, I just learned that there's one you get for using Dia line spells 300 times in battle. i don't think I'd ever have had a chance to get that one if I wasn't informed of it as I hadn't been using any healing spells at all, only items.

I believe Play Record progress persists across all playthroughs.

Speaking of, there's one for finishing the game three times. And one for finishing on Insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
I've been busy with other games but just got around to running through all of Chapter 1 in a sitting and this game is really goddamn good you guys.

unlike Tsubasa's song.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So I just got a sidequest from some guy in Harajuku about a missing id card. I've looked around in every area available and I can't find it. Anyone know where it might be? I'm in the Chapter 4 intermission if that helps.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Regy Rusty posted:

They're the performa dropped by the first tier of rare enemy. Each character has one weapon that needs one so you need 7 of them to make them, or up to 14 if you want to make + versions of all of them.

Well that sounds tedious so I just beat the game instead. It was fun! Maybe not game of the year, but I had a great time.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Well that sounds tedious so I just beat the game instead. It was fun! Maybe not game of the year, but I had a great time.

If you were at the end you'd well progressed past the point you would've wanted those weapons anyway

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Eopia posted:

So I just got a sidequest from some guy in Harajuku about a missing id card. I've looked around in every area available and I can't find it. Anyone know where it might be? I'm in the Chapter 4 intermission if that helps.

It's on the stage on the department store roof.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

sincx posted:

It's on the stage on the department store roof.

Thanks, I completely missed it the last few times I went there. The item is hidden by camera angles until you're right onto the stage itself.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just beat the chapter 5 mid-boss? Whatever you wanna call it. What was the gimmick behind shadow yoshiro because it took like 35 turns of chip damage to kill him and all his clones and I just wanted to kill myself near the end of it because the fight was such garbage

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

The gimmick was that when Shadow Yashiro splits into clones, the clones only take so many resistances. It's a really cool gimmick when you realize that but it's a really hard fight even with that knowledge.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Is it possible to win that fight at the very beginning of chapter 3? I was not really trying and feel like I got sufficiently close that I feel I could beat him. Also if you do beat him does anything change?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
How the gently caress do you kill the rare ufo assholes?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

BillmasterCozb posted:

How the gently caress do you kill the rare ufo assholes?

Get Ziodyne, laugh at them as they die in one hit. That's uh, that's all I've got.

Pretty sure you can get it off a + version of earlier weapons if you're in chapter 4, which I'm pretty sure is the first time you can encounter them.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hackan Slash posted:

Is it possible to win that fight at the very beginning of chapter 3? I was not really trying and feel like I got sufficiently close that I feel I could beat him. Also if you do beat him does anything change?

Nah, it auto-loses if you get close.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Just unlocked class changing, any reason to not do it immediately? Any classes particularly bad or overpowered that I should avoid or take immediately?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

Just unlocked class changing, any reason to not do it immediately? Any classes particularly bad or overpowered that I should avoid or take immediately?

Nope. No reason to hold off and the difference between classes is relatively slight, it mostly influences what skills you get.

A Sinister Rap
Oct 19, 2012
You also get more than enough Master Seals to try out both classes if you explore and do sidequests.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Where can I farm the highest level of rares? (Higher than Sixth Element)

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I never figured out what the second clue the psychic girl (outside of Anzu) gives me, and I still have no clue what it means. Something about the second floor of a garden?

A Sinister Rap
Oct 19, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

I never figured out what the second clue the psychic girl (outside of Anzu) gives me, and I still have no clue what it means. Something about the second floor of a garden?

I think it's one of the patches of leaves you get transported to when you get caught by a camera in Illusionary Shibuya.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

BillmasterCozb posted:

Apparently "Green Park" is a store inside of Shibuya 106, on the second floor? Check there, that's supposedly the correct spot to visit.

A Sinister Rap
Oct 19, 2012

postmodifier posted:

Apparently "Green Park" is a store inside of Shibuya 106, on the second floor? Check there, that's supposedly the correct spot to visit.

My bad, that's the right answer. I was thinking of the next one, sorry about that.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

postmodifier posted:

ah of course it'd be in the 106, thanks!

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

BillmasterCozb posted:

ah of course it'd be in the 106, thanks!

Each of her requests goes in order. First request is in the first dungeon, second in the second dungeon, third in the third, etc.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Just beat the game. What an enjoyable ride. The final boss wasn't difficult at level 60 though. Mamori's Raindrop Memories completely negated the gimmick of the first phase. The second phase was better since he could kill Kiria in a session, but I never felt like the battle was getting away from me. Cool looking design tho.

Maybe sometime down the line when I want to play it again I'll try the lunatic difficulty and finish up the rest of the achievements

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
I'm confused. In the press this game has sounded like yet another vehicle for P3/P4 fanservice, but with Fire Emblem guys too. Is that not the case? It's its own thing and not a spinoff?

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jul 7, 2016

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Depends what you mean by fanservice, it has no ties to P3/4 other than being an SMT game in a similar style, but it does have big honking titties all over the place.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Sakurazuka posted:

Depends what you mean by fanservice, it has no ties to P3/4 other than being an SMT game in a similar style, but it does have big honking titties all over the place.

Okay. It could be my ignorance or their marketing, but I thought this was a character crossover game.

I'll have to pick this up then. I'm all for an original game with SMT mechanics.

A Sinister Rap
Oct 19, 2012

Donnerberg posted:

Okay. It could be my ignorance or their marketing, but I thought this was a character crossover game.

I'll have to pick this up then. I'm all for an original game with SMT mechanics.

In fairness, the original announcement trailer was just art from older Fire Emblems and SMTs (though no Persona).

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I hope another SMT game absorbs the combat system of this game in some form or fashion. It's a lot more interesting/fun than the Press-turn system and it feels like there is always some kind of progression in ways to beat the poo poo out of everything you see.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Donnerberg posted:

I'm confused. In the press this game has sounded like yet another vehicle for P3/P4 fanservice, but with Fire Emblem guys too. Is that not the case? It's its own thing and not a spinoff?

It's Persona but Fire Emblem character ghosts instead of demons.

And no social elements.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

And actual dungeon design.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
It's more like DDS than Persona, aesthetic aside.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man they really got lazy with Mamori huh

Sidequest spoilers I liked Raindrop Memories when it first played but uh, why the hell is it her intro to a cooking show? They couldn't think up a second song? If I turned it on and was greeted by that I'd be miserable.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Also the main character is fully voiced and actually has a personality instead of being a blank slate for players to project themselves on to.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

Also the main character is fully voiced and actually has a personality instead of being a blank slate for players to project themselves on to.

He's still a blank slate.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Golden Goat posted:

He's still a blank slate.

He's a blank slate with a delicious platter of delicacies on top.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

BillmasterCozb posted:

He's a blank slate with a delicious platter of delicacies on top.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Golden Goat posted:

And actual dungeon design.

Well, 4 had that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Aphrodite posted:

Well, 4 had that.

Nah, they were still just randomly assembled from blocks, it's just that the blocks had different textures sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Well, 4 had that.

No, no it did not.

• Locked thread