Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Sorry but this owns.

Honestly couldn't decide which thread it belonged in but went with 'terrible' because of how unsafe it looks. Someone loved the Brat a little too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sudo Echo posted:

Honestly couldn't decide which thread it belonged in but went with 'terrible' because of how unsafe it looks. Someone loved the Brat a little too much.

Oh, it's terrible in many, many ways. But it still owns.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

88h88 posted:

To be honest I don't care either way, just trying to steer away from the whinefest by posting actual content.

Now what the gently caress was this??

Terrifying photoshop.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
Is it a fiero with two jet engines, though.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

These are in the wrong thread because they annoy people so they're actually good.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Lightbulb Out posted:

These are in the wrong thread because they annoy people so they're actually good.
"u mad" is a dumb way to type on the internet and its a dumb way of life to base your car on.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Lol if you don't put a 205 on a 8" or 9" wheel.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Lightbulb Out posted:

:thumbsup:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i made my car look like poo poo, surely i am the modern day KLF

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
The Ferrari F50 was the car that killed Ferrari love for me. A Fiero F50 is a suitable treatment.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

But at least its replacement (the Enzo) wasn't stomach churning ugly.

And they're trying to atone for those errors with things like the FF or the F12. The F430 was quite nice too.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Sudo Echo posted:

Someone loved the Brat a little too much.

Look at this terrible opinion in the terrible car stuff thread.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Phone posted:

Lol if you don't put a 205 on a 8" or 9" wheel.

205/50/15 on a 10" on my mkii supra, we need a 'hi haters' emote.

I'll admit it's bad, going with a 225 at least when they go.

Frozen Pizza Party fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jul 6, 2016

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

88h88 posted:

To be honest I don't care either way, just trying to steer away from the whinefest by posting actual content.

Now what the gently caress was this??

Oh my god I'm dying

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Powershift posted:

I'll give you 3 hints.

1. It's always a fiero.
2. it's never not a fiero.
3. it's a fiero.

Sometimes, particularly in non-Fiero countries, it is an MR2. Which is tragic because MR2s are actually good cars (if you never have to work on them).

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

nm posted:

Sometimes, particularly in non-Fiero countries, it is an MR2. Which is tragic because MR2s are actually good cars (if you never have to work on them).
You can get a California kit based on a Mercedes SL, too (DNA West Coast). Plus the old Peugeot 406 bodykits.

Really, a lot of the modern kits are very convincing in their appearance, I just cannot understand people spending £25k+ to not own a Ferrari, leaving aside the fact they often have a pretty weedy engine. At least the SL-based kit has a V8 and a few hundred horsepower.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The problem is that to own and care for a 25 thousand pound Ferrari, you need 50 thousand in the bank.

A body kitted Fiero just costs the body kit and junkyard salvage if the drivetrain breaks.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
What I mean is I don't understand the pretence. You can get some really good/fast cars for the amount one of these replicas cost, and their only selling point is they look like a Ferrari. At least most GT40 and Cobra replicas are ruddy quick.

And things like the Ultima, Factory Five GTM, and Superlite SLC show you can have a supercar kit without it having to be a copy of something else.

So what's the point? You want to pretend to have a Ferrari? You like the looks but don't care in the least about the performance? I can't get away from it being any different to people sticking an M or AMG badge on a bottom-spec diesel BMW or Merc. A bit sad, really.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

xzzy posted:

The problem is that to own and care for a 25 thousand pound Ferrari, you need 50 thousand in the bank.

My first thought, "That's a drat heavy Ferarri"

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I was phone posting and forgot the £ symbol was available in the special character page. :qq:

stump
Jan 19, 2006

The Peugeot 406 kits look pretty good. I would happily drive one, under the requirement that they took the Ferrari badges off and put the Peugeot ones back on. Bonus points if it was 2.2 HDI for the added diesel clatter to my front wheel drive ferrarigeot.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The correct modification of a 406 is white paint, bodykit, TSW Imola wheels and a taxi de marseilles roof light pod.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

InitialDave posted:

The correct modification of a 406 is white paint, bodykit, TSW Imola wheels and a taxi de marseilles roof light pod.

:allears: So correct.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

InitialDave posted:

Has anyone got Marion Cotillard's phone number? :swoon:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

InitialDave posted:

What I mean is I don't understand the pretence. You can get some really good/fast cars for the amount one of these replicas cost, and their only selling point is they look like a Ferrari. At least most GT40 and Cobra replicas are ruddy quick.

And things like the Ultima, Factory Five GTM, and Superlite SLC show you can have a supercar kit without it having to be a copy of something else.

So what's the point? You want to pretend to have a Ferrari? You like the looks but don't care in the least about the performance? I can't get away from it being any different to people sticking an M or AMG badge on a bottom-spec diesel BMW or Merc. A bit sad, really.

So...have you never seen a car with a fake intercooler? What about a FWD car with a gigantic ironing board spoiler? Or fake caliper covers or any number of other retarded things. If it was logical and made sense it wouldn't be in this thread, people devote a huge amount of effort on incredibly dumb poo poo because, in their minds, they think it looks cool. I find it just as baffling as you do, I'm just trying to point out that it isn't materially different to chrome stick-on vents, just more expensive and elaborate to match the idiot's income.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Terrible parking stuff. I hope it was accidental.

charliemonster42
Sep 14, 2005

Elmnt80 posted:

I really can't hate it, because somewhere I know some ferrari purist is having a coronary looking at it.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Elmnt80 posted:

I really can't hate it, because somewhere I know some ferrari purist is having a coronary looking at it.

Pissing off car purists in a noble and cool pursuit.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkm_mDY_FeA

Pretty terrible

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Don't miss part two!

Honestly I think they should have been angrier in these videos. That car would have killed someone if it actually ran long enough.

I guess hooray for non-existent safety inspections in whatever state that is? Is there even any legal recourse for buying a car that is claimed to be restored but in actuality is a total death trap?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
With the condition of that frame, suspension, and drive train, I'm a little surprised how willing he was to get underneath the car and just start pulling on stuff. I was expecting something to fall off and pin him

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

david_a posted:

Honestly I think they should have been angrier in these videos.
They're happy because they get paid to unfuck it. Can you imagine that repair bill? Probably will double the purchase price right on the spot.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Nitrox posted:

They're happy because they get paid to unfuck it. Can you imagine that repair bill? Probably will double the purchase price right on the spot.

Honestly, I'd be unhappy if I were the customer and watching this video*:

"So you can see here that the chassis is rusted out and structurally unsound, and it should be thrown in the bin and replaced. And here we're fixing the brakes, clutch, securing the suspension and re-doing the electrics. Also it has the wrong taillight lenses."

*: Unless they've advised the customer "you need a new chassis" but have been told to just fix the blah blah blah.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

IPCRESS posted:

Honestly, I'd be unhappy if I were the customer and watching this video*:

"So you can see here that the chassis is rusted out and structurally unsound, and it should be thrown in the bin and replaced. And here we're fixing the brakes, clutch, securing the suspension and re-doing the electrics. Also it has the wrong taillight lenses."

*: Unless they've advised the customer "you need a new chassis" but have been told to just fix the blah blah blah.

For posterity of those who didn't watch the video; "also, the carburetor's fuel return line goes nowhere, the axle nuts aren't secured with cotter pins or lock washers or anything, tie rods are free to spin round and round, u-joints, prop shafts and splines were turbofucked & have a ton of play, tires are ancient and completely dry rotted, seat bases are incorrect, the door catches are missing, and they also used the wrong type of window trim."

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

What the gently caress is going on with that wiring harness?

video posted:

"I don't see how this could possibly be reliable"
To be fair, it is British, so it's not like stock would be any better.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My best guess for the wiring is they wanted it to be SUPER REDUNDANT to make field repairs easier!!

Or they just bodged a system together with whatever bundles of wire and terminals they had left over from other vehicles they hosed up.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

This is horrifying

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
The title of the video, and to some extent the content, is kind of amusing - you're telling me a 50 year old Land Rover that that you bought sight unseen on ebay might have some unresolved issues? Well poo poo!

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
It was allegedly "restored" and they claimed it was ready to drive wherever you want. And 99.99% of those issues were introduced by the morons who wrote that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The thing is if you just bought an unrestored shed and threw the same money at that instead, you'd end up with something pretty decent.