Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Can't you guys just be happy for a nice thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

So happy they doubled rewards within an hour of spending all my cantina energy & spending crystals on a refill!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

kaschei posted:

Kinda hard to appreciate the nice thing without any energy for it.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

kaschei posted:

I am happy, but I think it lasts two days so I've already missed out on half the event. It's so rare I'm able to participate in the events they run, and when I'm finally able to I miss out on half of it through no fault of my own.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Hey guys, GW is badly bugged right now, you lose your team when you finish a node. Don't fight GW until it's fixed.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Davethulhu posted:

Hey guys, GW is badly bugged right now, you lose your team when you finish a node. Don't fight GW until it's fixed.

This is just the most recent stealth patch changes to GW. Everything is working as intended.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Does anyone have that post from one of the devs months ago about how they want to actually let us know when they change things because :lol: they are loving terrible at doing that.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Inkel posted:

This is just the most recent stealth patch changes to GW. Everything is working as intended.

This is working as intended, the Galactic War is designed to test your entire roster, so we thought this change would really force players to think strategically on where or when to deploy their teams.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
As if GW wasn't bad enough already. I'm glad this happened; I could use the free crystals.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I don't think they have a test platform at all. They just roll straight to live.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Never half, always whole rear end.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Slightly Toasted posted:

Never half, always whole rear end.

Alternatively, they should have listened to RDJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
The double bonus is now going to last for 48 hours, so both thursday and friday's refreshes can go to it. Also there was a huge datamine posted on reddit, with information on a new game mode that awards new modable gear type, the potential next raid boss, and a way to share items within guilds.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Fenris13 posted:

The double bonus is now going to last for 48 hours, so both thursday and friday's refreshes can go to it. Also there was a huge datamine posted on reddit, with information on a new game mode that awards new modable gear type, the potential next raid boss, and a way to share items within guilds.

For those too lazy: https://xl.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4rlupm/datamined_new_mods_system_guild_exchange_new_way/

quote:

Huge amount of new info to go through here on a new system called Mods. Appears to be a way for you to gear your character towards specific stats and even provides set bonuses! It has its own set of battles as well as its own shipments. Also new features including Guild Exchange, and new Raid boss is Grievous! Ill be updating as I find more

edit: set bonus stats and bonus

STATMODSETBONUS_SETBONUSABILITY_EXTRATURN_NAME

Extra Turn

STATMODSETBONUS_SETBONUSSTAT_ACCURACY_NAME

Potency

STATMODSETBONUS_SETBONUSSTAT_COUNTERATTACKRATING_NAME

Retribution

STATMODSETBONUS_SETBONUSSTAT_CRITICALCHANCEPERCENTADDITIVE_NAME

Critical Chance

STATMODSETBONUS_SETBONUSSTAT_CRITICALDAMAGE_NAME

Critical Damage

STATMODSETBONUS_SETBONUSSTAT_DEFENSEPERCENTADDITIVE_NAME

Defense

STATMODSETBONUS_SETBONUSSTAT_MAXHEALTHPERCENTADDITIVE_NAME

Health

STATMODSETBONUS_SETBONUSSTAT_MAXSHIELDPERCENTADDITIVE_NAME

Protection

STATMODSETBONUS_SETBONUSSTAT_OFFENSEPERCENTADDITIVE_NAME

Offense

STATMODSETBONUS_SETBONUSSTAT_RESISTANCE_NAME

Tenacity

STATMODSETBONUS_SETBONUSSTAT_SPEEDPERCENTADDITIVE_NAME

Speed

uniqueability_grievous01_raidboss

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODSETCOMPLETED_01

You just completed your first Mod Set!

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODSETCOMPLETED_02

Mod Sets provide a huge boost to a Character's stats.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODSETCOMPLETED_03

There are numerous types of Mod Sets, each providing a unique boost.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODSETCOMPLETED_04

Tap here to learn more about Mod Set Bonuses.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODSETCOMPLETED_05

Some sets require two of the same Mod Type whereas others require four.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODSETCOMPLETED_06

That means you're able to combine the effects of a single four piece set with that of a two piece.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODSETCOMPLETED_07

Or you're able to fashion together three complete, two piece sets!

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODSETCOMPLETED_08

You're also able to complete multiples of the same set and their bonuses will all apply.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODSETCOMPLETED_09

This allows you to have three completions of the Health Mod Set resulting in a massive amount of Health!

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODSETCOMPLETED_10

Mod Set Bonuses gain additional power once all its included Mods reach level 15 but I'll explain more about that later.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODSETCOMPLETED_11

Every character is unique, so experiment with various sets to discover the best strategy.\n\nGood luck!

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODUPGRADED_01

When I successfully Upgrade a Mod, it will always result in an increase of its Primary Stat.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODUPGRADED_02

At levels three, six, nine, and twelve the Mod will gain or, in some cases, increase a preexisting Secondary Stat.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODUPGRADED_03

Upgrading a Mod to its next level takes longer as it reaches higher levels but, with each Upgrade, I get closer to upgrading the Mod to its next level.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODUPGRADED_04

Each Upgrade attempt I perform has a chance to instantly succeed!

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODUPGRADED_05

When this happens, the Mod will immediately gain its level.\n\nOtherwise its Upgrade progress will be presented so you know how close I am to upgrading the Mod to its next level.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODUPGRADED_06

Upgrading Mods is very important to competition so visit often!

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_1_DESC

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_1_NAME

HEALTH MODS

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_1_SUMMARY

Battle in the Slicer's special Challenge against both Clone and Geonosian characters to earn high value Health-set Mods.

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_2_DESC

Only FIRST ORDER Allowed

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_2_NAME

OFFENSE MODS

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_2_SUMMARY

Battle in the Slicer's special Challenge against both Resistance and First Order characters to earn high value Offense-set Mods.

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_3_DESC

Only JEDI Allowed

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_3_NAME

DEFENSE MODS

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_3_SUMMARY

Battle in the Slicer's special Challenge against both Jedi and Separatist Droid characters to earn high value Defense-set Mods.

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_4_DESC

Only RESISTANCE Allowed

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_4_NAME

SPEED MODS

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_4_SUMMARY

Battle in the Slicer's special Challenge against both Resistance and First Order characters to earn high value Speed-set Mods.

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_5_DESC

Only SCOUNDRELS Allowed

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_5_NAME

CRITICAL HIT MODS

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_5_SUMMARY

Battle in the Slicer's special Challenge against Scoundrel, Pirate, Empire, and First Order characters to earn high value Critical Chance-set Mods.

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_6_DESC

Only JAWA Allowed

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_6_NAME

CRITICAL DAMAGE MODS

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_6_SUMMARY

Battle in the Slicer's special Challenge against Jawa, Sandtrooper, and Tusken characters to earn high value Damage-set Mods.

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_7_DESC

Only EMPIRE Allowed

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_7_NAME

POTENCY MODS

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_7_SUMMARY

Battle in the Slicer's special Challenge against both Empire and Rebel characters to earn high value Potency-set Mods.

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_8_DESC

Only REBELS Allowed

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_8_NAME

TENACITY MODS

RESTRICTEDMODBATTLE_SET_8_SUMMARY

Battle in the Slicer's special Challenge against both Empire and Rebel characters to earn high value Tenacity-set Mods.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_GUILDEXCHANGE_01

This is the Guild Exchange console.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_GUILDEXCHANGE_02

From this area you are able to seek assistance from your fellow guild members by Requesting items.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_GUILDEXCHANGE_03

You may issue a Request by viewing required Gear on a Character. If you're lacking some of the components to Craft, then the Request button will be made available.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_GUILDEXCHANGE_04

Requests may only be made periodically, so choose carefully which Gear pieces to request of your guild members!

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_GUILDEXCHANGE_05

From here you may also donate toward other member requests.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_GUILDEXCHANGE_06

Aiding fellow guild members is a great way to further secure success toward Raids and other Guild Activities!

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_GUILDEXCHANGE_REQUESTBUTTON_01

Notice the Request button?\n\nThis item is eligible to be requested through the Guild Exchange!

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_GUILDEXCHANGE_REQUESTBUTTON_02

If you decide to Request this item, then your other guild members will be able to make Donations toward your goal.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_GUILDEXCHANGE_REQUESTBUTTON_03

Requests last for a limited amount of time.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_GUILDEXCHANGE_REQUESTBUTTON_04

Once your Request goal has been met, or the time expires, then the Donations made toward your Request will be delivered to your Inbox.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_GUILDEXCHANGE_REQUESTBUTTON_05

Guilds thrive with all of its members advancing.\n\nSo be sure to return the favor back to your guild and help other members as often as possible!

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_01

Well done, you've just earned your first Mod!\n\nLet's go equip it.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_02

Tap here to view your collection of Characters eligible for Mods.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_03

Cantina rules require Characters be at least level 50 to have Mods assigned.\n\nOnly qualified Characters will be displayed here.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_04

Let's assign the Mod you just earned to this Character.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_05

Every character has six Mod slots. Each of which requires Mods that fit that slot.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_06

Transmitters fit only in this slot.\n\nLet's assign it there now.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_07

Now tap here to select the Transmitter.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_08

Unassigned Mod information is displayed in this area.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_09

If you had a Mod already assigned to this slot, its information would be displayed in this upper area for quick comparison.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_10

Now tap ASSIGN.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_11

You can see how your stats will change based upon your decision.\n\nNumbers in red means a decrease whereas green is an increase.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_12

If you haven't noticed, this slotted Mod is blinking slightly.\n\nThis means that this change is pending and has not yet been confirmed.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_13

This allows you to try out numerous configurations to plan the best assignments for a character!

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_14

Press CONFIRM to complete assignment.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_15

Congratulations on assigning your first Mod!

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_16

Assigning a Mod to an empty slot is a trivial task for me.\n\nRemoving them is a bit more difficult.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_17

I can yank them out, destroying them in the process, or charge a small fee to carefully remove them without being damaged in any way.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_18

Mods are very powerful augments to your Characters and there are many more you can win throughout the Cantina.

CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_19

Do you wish to return to Mod Battles now?
CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_19_TITLE
ACQUIRE MORE MODS
CONTEXTUALMSG_FEATUREINTRO_MODACQUIRED_20
Do you wish to return to Mod Battles now?

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

So, this is going to completely change the meta, right? If you can customize characters maybe we'll start to see some diversity in teams.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
They broke so much stuff!! Its HILARIOUS how bad these devs are, holy poo poo, but I'm not surprised. I was talking on this topic in guild chat but my friend used to be a consumer insights analyst at KABAM! who make that lovely star wars diablo game (the only company other than EA that can make a star wars game and they got to do it because they found a loophole in the contract lol). He always had good stories about the mobile game dev industry. The dev teams for mobile games are usually understaffed, and they are mostly pushed towards working on things that will monetize, and they usually don't have good platforms for testing & QA. The EA credits for this game actually has a lot of people on it, but I'd be shocked if they were all actually working on this game post launch.

Its pretty funny that they launched an update which is essentially just some assets for future use and some new monetization features and they managed to break the 2 most important sources of gear/income.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

WTT furnace for scanners PST

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Tagichatn posted:

I actually have all the scanners I need for now and need a furnace to g9 Leia I got you bro just lemme get #1 next raid

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Tagichatn posted:

WTT scanners for furnace 1:2

:getin:

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
So mods are like gear, except you can pick stats?

Neat, prepare for Rey with ++++++offense mods critting for 50k.

I mean, the gear system is already half-broken, with characters getting basically random stats and instead of reworking it they are just going to pile up on it...

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Mr. Neutron posted:

So mods are like gear, except you can pick stats?

Neat, prepare for Rey with ++++++offense mods critting for 50k.

I mean, the gear system is already half-broken, with characters getting basically random stats and instead of reworking it they are just going to pile up on it...

Yeah this seems like a great idea that will bite them in the rear end. I mean on paper it looks like a great way for people to get to use alternates. Instead it will just be the same dumb toons with the annoyance meter turned up to 11. Like you said suddenly we have super Rey, the immortal royal guard, Lando the human extinction event(he will probably be the only new part to the meta besides a speed hopped up ventress). But yeah I predict 90% of it will just be dudes stacking dodge on dorku and poo poo like that.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
You'll buff a character to be tankier, but damage dealers will be buffed to do more damage. Maybe it'll just cancel itself out in the end, and what it will really do is just further amplify the advantage higher level characters have over lowbies.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
FYI, IGD just kicked off another t7 raid, so get online and beat up on the rancor.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Has anyone else noticed weird fluctuations in how much of your battery this game drains? For the longest time I could complete everything in the daily activities queue--including GW--and still have about 40-60% of my battery leftover. After one of the recent patches, the game seemed to start drawing way more power, to the point where going through the daily activities leaves my phone almost drained. It also caused my phone to heat up substantially, almost to the point where it's too hot to hold comfortably. The patch that toned down GW seemed to coincide with a drop in power draw, and the most recent one that hosed up GW again brought back the power draw/heat issue. This game is the only power-intensive thing I do with my phone, so I'm struggling to find other possible culprits.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Ewok Event is screwy today. Yesterday I was consistently beating T1, and coming very close on T2. Now I can barely clear T1, and you can forget T2.

Also, I thought I'd found the answer to not having HK in Snowtrooper, but his unique doesn't work as it should....

jbeeney
Jan 22, 2004
FYI: The Yoda event is up now. I guess too many people bitched about it being pushed back, they caved? Wish they would address the GW/ dodge issue first, but oh well.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Spakstik posted:

Has anyone else noticed weird fluctuations in how much of your battery this game drains?

Yeah, my phone seems to get hotter, and it burns through the battery much faster in the past few weeks.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
The spaghetti code they seem to have pushed through lately probably really inefficient and its running process longer

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
We are about halfway through P4. If you already have damage on the board, please hold off until we have more than 40 people in the raid (Preferably more than 45). Right now we are at 37.

e: I think the new rule for finishing raids is going to be 12 hours AND 45+ attackers.

Also, if you regularly aren't making raids, I would recommend moving to QGJ. They have space, and their raids last more than one day.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jul 8, 2016

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Jibo posted:

Kinda hard to appreciate the nice thing without any energy for it.

:rimshot: Haha.

I've been watching Clone Wars for the first time for the past couple of weeks. It's actually not bad. The guy who voice acts Anakin does a better job than Christiansen ever did in the prequels. Now I know who some of the people in this game are. :toot:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MoraleHazard posted:

:rimshot: Haha.

I've been watching Clone Wars for the first time for the past couple of weeks. It's actually not bad. The guy who voice acts Anakin does a better job than Christiansen ever did in the prequels. Now I know who some of the people in this game are. :toot:

Yeah, I would recommend skipping any episode with JJB though. They're just as painful. Go read a plot summary and move on.

There's still some awkward overacting between Anakin and Padme, but nothing like in AOTC.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, I would recommend skipping any episode with JJB though. They're just as painful. Go read a plot summary and move on.

There's still some awkward overacting between Anakin and Padme, but nothing like in AOTC.

Well, there's one worth watching, because you get to watch one of the most Grievous injuries of the entire show, but that's probably the only one.

Actually the JJB eps aren't *awful* once you realize he's playing the archetype of the Holy Fool, and can almost literally do no wrong despite his foolishness.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mile'ionaha posted:

Well, there's one worth watching, because you get to watch one of the most Grievous injuries of the entire show, but that's probably the only one.

Actually the JJB eps aren't *awful* once you realize he's playing the archetype of the Holy Fool, and can almost literally do no wrong despite his foolishness.

His voice and mannerisms just annoy me too much. I just started skipping forward anytime he started talking...

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
I can't wait to see him in the game

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Grimlook posted:

I can't wait to see him in the game

As long as they give him red lightsabers, I'll be happy.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I've mentioned it before and I'll mention it again. Clone Wars and Rebels are both good shows if you're into Star Wars. The story is solid, the voice acting is great, the action sequences are amazing and the themes are surprisingly mature for a couple of shows for children.

I wish they weren't so slow to roll out new characters in this game because there are tons of characters from those shows that I would like to see in this.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Malgrin posted:

As long as they give him red lightsabers, I'll be happy.

That would be awesome. I like when franchises don't take themselves too seriously. That never would have happened with Lucas at the helm ("there was no father :350:), but maybe someone at Disney has a sense of humor.

I'm watching Clone Wars while playing Elite on my other monitor, so I usually just watch JJB episodes. The one where he annoys the Trade Federation types at the state dinner wasn't bad. JJB is still pretty painful though.

Jibo posted:

... the themes are surprisingly mature ...

Yeah, I noticed that too. The scene where Ventress force chokes some clone trooper, whom you see struggling to breathe, toys with the guy and then force pulls him on to her lightsaber while giving him a kiss as he's dying made me think, "we're well out of PG territory here."

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Reminder to use up your cantina energy before 4 or so Pacific time, double rewards will be ending around then.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Jibo posted:

I've mentioned it before and I'll mention it again. Clone Wars and Rebels are both good shows if you're into Star Wars. The story is solid, the voice acting is great, the action sequences are amazing and the themes are surprisingly mature for a couple of shows for children.

I wish they weren't so slow to roll out new characters in this game because there are tons of characters from those shows that I would like to see in this.

Also, when certain characters from Clone Wars show up in Rebels, I thought I was gonna get teary-eyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
No changes to GW except fixing the last node not to be comedy team anymore so we are back to one hour slogsa mods are another credits sink that will use cantina energy.

Said it before, will say it again: why on Earth does this game have to be Star Wars :(