Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Vegito is death, the destroyer of worlds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hey look it's Luffy in Heroes. DB x OP is still the best crossover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFDKorwtZY0

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
New Dragon Ball Fusions trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2BqorAe1LY

CACs can fuse with regular characters on their own.

CACs can also fuse with each other.

Green Oozaru Broly confirmed.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the fact that there's no US release announced is horseshit

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blockhouse posted:

the fact that there's no US release announced is horseshit

They haven't even bothered starting on a Dragonball Super dub yet. Clearly US audiences are not a top priority.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Dragonball Fusions is an RPG so I'm just hoping that we're going to get a US release announced later on because of how long it takes to translate RPGs

I don't want to be left out of such a rad looking game

And Xenoverse did so well it would be weird to not bring this over

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Five saiyans fusing together to become the Super Saiyan God is legit p fuckin cool

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

xenoverse 2 comes out on the 25th of October for consoles and on the 28th for pc, and Steve Aoki is doing the soundtrack lol

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jul 5, 2016

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

For those of you who like me were not sure, that's the 25th and 28th of October, btw.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

whoops sorry about that, I included it in the post I made in the Games thread and I forgot to here

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This is the answer to a question you never knew you had

https://giant.gfycat.com/HastyEthicalBullfrog.webm

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am incredibly disappointed the end result wasn't Super Saiyan Blue.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
What the gently caress is this? Their fingers don't even touch.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm not sure why it was in my youtube suggestions, but I'm glad it was. There was a Naruto+Goku vs Vegeta+Sasuke fusion fight too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uimfkBb-SuQ

There's also a Xenoverse version of the Beerus + Whis fusion from the 3DS game too. Seems whoever makes them (channel owner maybe?) is pretty talented at making new XV stuff.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

ImpAtom posted:

I am incredibly disappointed the end result wasn't Super Saiyan Blue.

It would have been worth it if he said "Gotta go fast" at the end.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So I finally hit level 90 with Rider GE Brisk because gently caress GRINDING FOR LEVELS and I decided to take on the assfuck of a mission where you have to fight all the Vegetas and Gokus.

Previously when I'd do that I'd either need a friend to help me out or the AI would just get destroyed or be useless and after the Blues showed up that'd be pretty much it. Even with a friend, time would be a gigantic factor.

However I discovered something odd that I wanted to ask the thread about- why is Towa the best AI partner? Because she is. She is way more aggressive than any other AI partner and uses her abilities constantly while also having a fantastic combo that just fucks with the enemy AI.

So I took two Towas and we wrecked shop. 44 seconds, both Towas at near full health, and one Senzu Bean to spare with an S Rank for my troubles.

It was mostly how much loving HEALTH they had, but my punchman punched some mans and goddamnit, I beat the game. I have conquered everything I could possibly want to. I am ready for the sequel.

The two Towas were instrumental to being able to do it though, they'd always gang up on the one enemy I wasn't fighting and they only started losing once we got to the Blues, and even then only one went down at a time.

Thank God for Poses and a gently caress TON of Stamina!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
From the way Black Maybe Goku was holding his chest after he got punched/kicked there I'm thinking this is a version of Goku who was never cured of the heart virus. Either someone hijacked dead Future Goku's body or this is a version from an alt-timeline or something.

Maybe the reason Black Goku's ki keeps rising is that he's constantly almost dying from the heart virus but getting revived by some sort of magic, and getting zenkai from that.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Ammat The Ankh posted:

From the way Black Maybe Goku was holding his chest after he got punched/kicked there I'm thinking this is a version of Goku who was never cured of the heart virus. Either someone hijacked dead Future Goku's body or this is a version from an alt-timeline or something.

Maybe the reason Black Goku's ki keeps rising is that he's constantly almost dying from the heart virus but getting revived by some sort of magic, and getting zenkai from that.

it's obviously not goku for real the way he was talking about goku but i think his ki keeps rising for the same reason as hit, he just hasn't reached his full potential yet.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Rutibex posted:

They haven't even bothered starting on a Dragonball Super dub yet.

I just want the the rest of Kai dubbed :smith:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Awesome Welles posted:

I just want the the rest of Kai dubbed :smith:

Scuttlebutt from the voice actors is that it's been done for quite a while. They're saying it may be an August release to coincide with summer vacation but who knows, that's just their speculation. I would pay cash money right now to finish my Blu-ray collection though, so they need to hurry the gently caress up.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's perfectly fine that the dub hasn't started, because the OG is great, amazing even, possibly sensational, it's actually perfect.

Mr. Satan Joestar

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
How much shorter is Kai than OG DBZ on average? My kid seems to like DBZ but it moves so friggin' slowly sometimes and I don't know that he has the attention span to stick it out for any of the parts that are bound to drag.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

How much shorter is Kai than OG DBZ on average? My kid seems to like DBZ but it moves so friggin' slowly sometimes and I don't know that he has the attention span to stick it out for any of the parts that are bound to drag.

98 dubbed episodes (to the end of the Cell saga) while DBZ takes 179 dubbed episodes to cover the same amount of time.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

kai is also absolutely glacial but it probably won't matter all that much if he's into it

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Have him watch this instead:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo5Rhn8zuPA

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Dunno how old your kid is but my little sister at age 9 was able to watch DBZ Kai in bursts of like 3 or 4 episodes at a time, definitely kept her attention about as long as anything else does.

The only problem was we got through Cell and then Buu isn't out yet and the original episodes were too slow for her.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Might be worth buying him the manga. Never hurts to bolster reading skills, it's not that long either.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's perfectly fine that the dub hasn't started, because the OG is great, amazing even, possibly sensational, it's actually perfect.

Mr. Satan Joestar

Nah, drags too much and I think Kai's dub is a million times better than the original dub.

Rock the Dragon will always be the proper opening song, though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Awesome Welles posted:

Nah, drags too much and I think Kai's dub is a million times better than the original dub.

Rock the Dragon will always be the proper opening song, though.

I like the Kai opening song

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Kelp Plankton posted:

Dunno how old your kid is but my little sister at age 9 was able to watch DBZ Kai in bursts of like 3 or 4 episodes at a time, definitely kept her attention about as long as anything else does.

The only problem was we got through Cell and then Buu isn't out yet and the original episodes were too slow for her.

man i watched the original series one at a time on toonami when i was that age.

edit: maybe i was 11 but still.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Elfgames posted:

I think you've forgotten just how much less there was to do on the internet back then.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Ammat The Ankh posted:

It's pretty cool that nobody knows what is happening in Dragonball Super and that the manga is still catching up. My theory is that Black is the Kibito/assistant of The Green Kai and in Trunk's timeline Earth was supposed to be turned to rubble so Black with the Green Kai's wishes is just trying to undo Trunk's work of saving Earth which wouldn't have happened if Trunks didn't go back in time. Whiz saying time travel is a serious crime seems to suggest that. It's also pretty interesting that nobody has come back to Earth in Trunk's timeline dead or otherwise so some poo poo must be going down in the otherworld there. I mean..How can Black know who Vegeta is? That's probably the key to all this.

Remember when the Supreme Kai was first introduced and he looked sinister as all gently caress? Black doesn't seem that powerful (yet) but Beerus' line about 'strongest doesn't mean most powerful' is sticking with me and I think that will be definitely the theme going forward.

I just want a bad guy that wreaks poo poo and is too much for even the Gods to handle. Everyone shits their pants when Beerus is around and Whis seems to be above it all so for me personally Super hasn't been gripping. The show needs some high stakes on the line at this point.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/TanookiKuribo/status/750858861863632897

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wait hold on if whis did turn back time to before black left wouldn't that result in black being in two separate timelines at the same time?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Elfgames posted:

That's because Toonami was airing 2 episodes a day, 5 days a week. They could burn through the Buu saga in a couple months.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Neo_Crimson posted:

That's because Toonami was airing 2 episodes a day, 5 days a week. They could burn through the Buu saga in a couple months.

they weren't when the block started.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Elfgames posted:

they weren't when the block started.

Didn't they only have until Goku showing up on Namek back then? I'm pretty sure when they started getting to the Frieza battle and onward they were doing 2 a day.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Hit or miss Clitoris posted:

Didn't they only have until Goku showing up on Namek back then? I'm pretty sure when they started getting to the Frieza battle and onward they were doing 2 a day.

do you know how long that took?

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Like early 98 they started up again, and I think it was like somewhere in 2003 they finished. I'm pretty sure they had to restart a couple times to let the dubbing catch up though.

ETA: Yeah wikipedia shows they started airing 2 a day in January 98, then around sept 99 they get to the Ginyu bullshit, after frieza dies in Nov 99 there was a gap until Apr 2000, ran straight through Cell until Dec 2000, then started Great Saiyaman around Sep 01, running until Nov when they restarted again in Sept 02 until Nov when they escape Super Buu's body, then March 03 until the end of the series in April. I guess they never aired 2 new episodes a day so I have no idea what I was thinking. Probably because it happened 16 drat years ago, holy hell.

Hit or miss Clitoris fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jul 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
First season of Dragon Ball Z is free on the Microsoft store. Think this covers all the Saiyan Saga.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/tv/dragon-ball-z/season-1/8d6kgwzlcsk9

• Locked thread