Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
furi squanders much of its premise by making what seems like all bosses go into extended invincible phases where they make ground pound shockwaves for you to avoid and other extremely cliche boss things but there are still fun parts. in conclusion, furi is a land of contrasts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bogart posted:

Yo, FURI is awesome.

e: Be forewarned -- there are some 'struggle' quicktime events where you have to waggle sticks. It's not something that came up for me in the first fight, so maybe they cover it there, but otherwise.

No its never explained, happened to me only on one boss, and i never figured out how to pass the qte check no matter how i waggled but it wasnt necessary to win.

Xuuel
Feb 20, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

No its never explained, happened to me only on one boss, and i never figured out how to pass the qte check no matter how i waggled but it wasnt necessary to win.

I think it wants you to waggle both sticks left and right, they were pretty easy once I started doing that. Doing circles definitely didn't work though.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

I refuse to play a game in which I am required to exponentially accelerate the wear and tear on my controller.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

controller sticks are designed to move left and right repeatedly

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I think I waggled up and down and it worked just fine. It's probably just looking for side to side movements.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Awesome! posted:

BUT NOT UP AND DOWN

never up and down

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

Awesome! posted:

They're not 'designed' to be thrashed left and right at the maximum achievable speed. You can absolutely wear them out and lower the physical resistance of the sticks like that, as anyone who ever owned Mario Party on the N64 will confirm.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Faux Mulder posted:

They're not 'designed' to be thrashed left and right at the maximum achievable speed. You can absolutely wear them out and lower the physical resistance of the sticks like that, as anyone who ever owned Mario Party on the N64 will confirm.

I mean its a controller for a videogame. unless you're like slamming the gently caress out of the thing I refuse to believe you could hurt it by moving the sticks back and forth fast.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
how did you guys even play Metal Gear Rising?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Faux Mulder posted:

N64 sticks were made out of dust and glass, there's not a single working one left in the world regardless of whether Mario Party was played on it or not.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Yoya posted:

furi squanders much of its premise by making what seems like all bosses go into extended invincible phases where they make ground pound shockwaves for you to avoid and other extremely cliche boss things but there are still fun parts. in conclusion, furi is a land of contrasts

The only extended-invincibility shockwave parts are at the boss's very last phase, and when it's over they usually go down in one hit. Most other times they're vulnerable.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i bought adventure of mana on my phone instead of my vita because i had a gift card did i gently caress up in terms of play-ability or is it ok with touch screen only?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I would REALLLY recommend not getting SOMA. I found it extremely boring with little to no interesting gameplay.

I'll second this. I really like horror games but SOMA was just utter wank.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

spudsbuckley posted:

it was the bland gameplay hiding behind style and scifi mumbo jumbo darling of its year. there's always one.

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

Soma is good.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I feel like SOMA would've been a better book than game. It has some interesting ideas I just don't want to play the game to get to them.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 361 days!
I was on the fence on Soma then saw footage of a you swimming in the dark and some mutant anglerfish/man/thing? floats by your face. I don't care how hard they say the story sticks with you after you play it, I can't say "NOPE" to this game hard enough

i wish i wasn't scared of video games:gbsmith:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

BillmasterCozb posted:

how did you guys even play Metal Gear Rising?
At some point I actually was like "gently caress it I guess I'm losing those QTEs then."

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

i bought adventure of mana on my phone instead of my vita because i had a gift card did i gently caress up in terms of play-ability or is it ok with touch screen only?

It is easy enough that it doesn't really matter if you're used to playing stuff on phones but be prepared to take a ton of hits you wouldn't otherwise.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Furi is amazing. The walking parts loving suck though. The QTEs are easy, I just wiggle left and right and I win em.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Apparently the PSTV patch for Zero Time Dilemma is live. :toot:

Is the longest a game has been flat-out non-functional on its advertised console post-release?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

univbee posted:

Is the longest a game has been flat-out non-functional on its advertised console post-release?

What about Halo Masterchief Collection?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

univbee posted:

Not quite, Binding of Isaac Rebirth was released 11/4/14 and not whitelisted until 11/18/14. That makes fourteen days to ZTD's ten, so they've improved by four!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

CrashCat posted:

Not quite, Binding of Isaac Rebirth was released 11/4/14 and not whitelisted until 11/18/14. That makes fourteen days to ZTD's ten, so they've improved by four!

BoI didn't have a retail release, let alone one where the packaging said "totally Playstation TV compatible you guys"

It did have the previews running on PSTV, though.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

univbee posted:

They fixed it well before Amazon shipped my copies (still haven't), so there's that, at least.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

mikeycp posted:

They fixed it well before Amazon shipped my copies (still haven't), so there's that, at least.

I got a shipping notification tonight. Yay. though I don't know if they got the watches figured out yet.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

univbee posted:

BoI didn't have a retail release, let alone one where the packaging said "totally Playstation TV compatible you guys"

It did have the previews running on PSTV, though.
if that's where you wanna draw the line in the sand, alright :shrug:

I shouldn't even care since it was "free"

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

spudsbuckley posted:

i'm looking to get an other scary game, but I might just wait for soma to drop more in price if its just sub-par. I enjoy underwater games like Bioshock, and I liked Alien Isolation and outlast, but Soma's atmosphere might not be enough if its gameplay is lacking. Slenderman also looks tempting to get.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Don't loving get Slender

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

axleblaze posted:

Don't loving get Slender

agreed

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SOMA is a hundred million times better than that slender poo poo

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Some friends of mine got slender just to do some dumb co op thing where they flip who plays each chapter. Too bad the second chapter is 100% loving randomized and poo poo.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Shnag posted:

i'm looking to get an other scary game, but I might just wait for soma to drop more in price if its just sub-par. I enjoy underwater games like Bioshock, and I liked Alien Isolation and outlast, but Soma's atmosphere might not be enough if its gameplay is lacking. Slenderman also looks tempting to get.

Weird suggestion, but have you considered Dead by Daylight?

Asymmetrical 4vs1 multiplayer, playing as a survivor is very tense, because you're completely helpless against the killer and if you're seen your only option is to run away.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Well poo poo, i guess i won't get slenderman then. Maybe i'll get resogun instead. Not horror related, but i wouldn't have considered it if it wasn't raved about in this thread. Also i liked games like geometery wars and biology battle.

Fat Samurai posted:

Weird suggestion, but have you considered Dead by Daylight?

Asymmetrical 4vs1 multiplayer, playing as a survivor is very tense, because you're completely helpless against the killer and if you're seen your only option is to run away.

I saw gameplay for it and it looks fun. Might be worth a shot if it comes to ps4. I really enjoyed left 4 dead 1 & 2, even though it often ended up with one team throwing the match when they played survivors, just so they can play as infected again. :argh:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

resogun season pass is worth it. probably one of the best dlc buys ever

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Real hurthling! posted:

resogun season pass is worth it. probably one of the best dlc buys ever

Why? What is in it?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I thought the first chapter of Slender was really good. It's one of the few times a game has actually managed to put me on edge. Too bad the other chapters range from mediocre to terrible.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fix posted:

Why? What is in it?

4 or 5 new awesome game modes including ones that let you play as a human commando and one about controlling a wrecking ball and lots of stuff that showed the developers really cared about the game and knew they were the masters of shmup after like 20 years of super stardust experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

BUT NOT UP AND DOWN

never up and down

... and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom

• Locked thread