Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Alder posted:

I wish Atelier Sophie would go on sale SOON. I miss my crafting games.

I wouldn't hold your breath. Atelier games take for-loving-ever to go on sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Policenaut posted:

D3 Publisher (Bullet Girls, Dream Club) have announced a new idol Vita game! Wait, don't run! It's Idol Death Game TV!

http://gematsu.com/2016/07/idol-death-game-tv-death-game-set-desolate-mansion

This sounds kind of cool to be honest but I don't know anything the developer has made so maybe it'll just be creepy and/or terrible

We need new death games to take the place of zero escape + danganronpa

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

monster monpiece is down to two dollars again friends! i know you've been waiting

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

monster monpiece is down to two dollars again friends! i know you've been waiting

The amount of times that game has been on sale, they really want you to get it I guess.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

BisterdDave posted:

The amount of times that game has been on sale, they really want you to get it I guess.

"Announcing the August PlayStation Plus Instant Game Collection lineup..."

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah based on psprices it seems that the Atelier Vita games go on sale maybe once a year. That plus the fact that they are digital-only (so no hope of finding a physical copy on clearance/used) has me tempted to get Ayesha from this sale as my entry point into the series instead of waiting for Rorona to go on sale someday. I'd prefer to play in series order but at least Ayesha is the first in its trilogy.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Also, the Atelier game he wants to go on sale came out less than a month ago

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Help Im Alive posted:

This sounds kind of cool to be honest but I don't know anything the developer has made so maybe it'll just be creepy and/or terrible

We need new death games to take the place of zero escape + danganronpa

They have experience with adventure games, but all those games never came to the West, so who knows.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

The japanese version of Sophie had a sale last month, ~7 months after its release. So expect a sale around february, I guess?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Found on Reddit

quote:

Shopto (UK retailer) list Valkyrie Drive for Vita, published by PQube
Link has been taken down, but if you go to the Vita page on Shopto's website, they have Valkyrie Drive listed under "top pre-orders"

At this point I am willing to make a THIRD account just to be able to get the game in english with all the DLC

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I just checked and yup it's there, link goes nowhere though. Top pre-order is MeiQ, the game that got refused certification in Australia for underage looking boobies :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Sakurazuka posted:

I just checked and yup it's there, link goes nowhere though. Top pre-order is MeiQ, the game that got refused certification in Australia for underage looking boobies :v:

And PQube is aware of this

https://twitter.com/RinSatori/status/750723115936784384

What are the odds about this happening but as an Europe exclusive?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

MeiQ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn_v6nEnHuM

Oh. That's a Vita game, alright. At a glance, the actual game part is sort of like LBX?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's happened but it's very rare.

Siren 2, Terranigma and a few end of life Saturn and Dreamcast games are all I can think of.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Saoshyant posted:

MeiQ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn_v6nEnHuM

Oh. That's a Vita game, alright. At a glance, the actual game part is sort of like LBX?

It's another dungeon crawler only with 3D battles for a change

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

It's happened but it's very rare.

Siren 2, Terranigma and a few end of life Saturn and Dreamcast games are all I can think of.

Last Window, Michgan: Report From Hell, Ape Academy 2.

That being said, like 0 chance of XSEED not handling a US release if any localisation happens at all.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wanna play Michigan: Report from Hell

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i requested it as a p2forps4 thing

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.
Worth noting that ShopTo listed Senran Kagura Estival Versus as published by pQube, so it's probably Marvelous Europe with pQube handling post-release distribution.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Last Window, Michgan: Report From Hell, Ape Academy 2.

That being said, like 0 chance of XSEED not handling a US release if any localisation happens at all.
Absolute worst case scenario, pQube themselves will release a US version.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What's a good starting class for Oreshika?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

I wanna play Michigan: Report from Hell

It's interesting for one play through but not that great tbh.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

NESguerilla posted:

What's a good starting class for Oreshika?

i never had problems with damage numbers, so just being able to hit the...Leader? is most important. i like archers a lot, with dancers second.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cool. I did archer, dancer, and fencer.

Was there something I'm missing with the character creation? Does your whole party have to be the same look/gender? Switching anything seemed to change the whole team.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the looks change by generation as u breed them

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ah. Still seems weird that they have to make them all the same gender.

Full disclosure I have no idea what this game is yet.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i did not finish it and never will. but am glad to have played it.
if you have not, set your "time" setting or whatev to the one "preferred by fans". you do not have time in your life for the others.

ArmadilloConspiracy
Jan 15, 2010

NESguerilla posted:

Ah. Still seems weird that they have to make them all the same gender.

Full disclosure I have no idea what this game is yet.

Kill demons, make babies. Seimei must die. Oooh, pretty colors.

I say this as someone who has finished the game twice on the longest time setting. The story is not great but it is a fun game to play.

Edit: My husband's Vita has arrived! Now I can reclaim mine!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Well

https://www.exophase.com/game/uppers-ps-vita/trophies/

Uppers english trophies have surfaced

ArmadilloConspiracy
Jan 15, 2010

That sounded ambivalent instead of seething. Well done!

More of the trophies should have been panty-based, tho.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

quote:

Gamer
Activate map gimmicks/special actions 10000 times.

I see the tradition of super grindy Trophies lives on, and the list didn't seem bad before this one.

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

ArmadilloConspiracy posted:

That sounded ambivalent instead of seething. Well done!

Uppers actually got a decent review in Famitsu (33/40), which doesn't mean a hell of a lot, but Takaki probably doesn't have the cash to bribe Famitsu like the big publishers so it might mean something :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Probably means they didn't even play it and awarded the score based on YouTube vids

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Make one girl dazed on the appreciation screen.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Huh, never heard of this, I wonder what you -

Uhhhhh okay.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I can guarantee more work was put into those parts than most of the game's mechanics.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
They've been putting out two videos like every week for the past 2 months about game mechanics. It got annoying fast.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Takoluka posted:

I can guarantee more work was put into those parts than most of the game's mechanics.

There's probably not as much fighting as we're being lead to believe. It's probably all panty slots and skirt lifting, with the fighting being mostly a punishment for failing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm suddenly interested in it again

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

SpacePig posted:

There's probably not as much fighting as we're being lead to believe. It's probably all panty slots and skirt lifting, with the fighting being mostly a punishment for failing.

So just like real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Takoluka posted:

No poo poo Sherlock :v:

Szurumbur posted:

I see the tradition of super grindy Trophies lives on, and the list didn't seem bad before this one.

Going by the demo most of those actions are your best options to deal with the enemies but yeah, it sounds like an incredibly boring trophy.

SpacePig posted:

Play-Asia translated the bit about the panty slots and they serve as the game's power ups. With certain combinations giving you invincibility, attack boosts, regenerating health and the like.

But who gives a gently caress about Uppers? Pqube pretty much confirmed the Valkyrie Drive leak!!

https://twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/751037508222418944

:dance: