Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

VikingSkull posted:

when I heard it on NEW

It isn't as old as WNEW. I had to be on XM because it has Master Poe on it.

This was the first Opie & Anthony thing I ever heard. O&A had just syndicated to Dallas and the Dallas station was one of the syndicated markets that signed up to play "best of" shows at odd times on the weekend. I heard it on a Sunday around 4 PM on US 380 between Denton and Dallas. I was laughing my rear end off on a country highway all by myself. It made such an impression on me that when I got home I immediately signed into Kazaa and downloaded aas much O&A audio as I could find. I was just the right age to relate to their pop culture references (more than I related to Stern's) and they won me over as a fan instantly. Stern felt stale after listening to O&A on WNEW. Those really were the golden days of O&A.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIoyShA39-4

Frank Caliendo was never as funny on O&A as he was in that clip. Too bad they kept having him on.

Edit: This was my favorite intro O&A used to have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSTgvjgRx1w

JFC fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jun 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Since we're just posting clips, when I listened to Howard Stern, this was the best poo poo ever: Tradio calls.

The "no more phony phone calls" rule has a loophole; if you call a publicly aired program and record the broadcast, you can replay it without a problem. If you call someone directly and record your conversation, you need their permission to broadcast it before even speaking to them or else it's illegal to air or something.

So Sal & Richard, the best guys on Howard when I listened, called a public FM radio item trading radio show and would do their best to get absurd names, items and anything else on air.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

jerkstoresup posted:

Since we're just posting clips, when I listened to Howard Stern, this was the best poo poo ever: Tradio calls.

The "no more phony phone calls" rule has a loophole; if you call a publicly aired program and record the broadcast, you can replay it without a problem. If you call someone directly and record your conversation, you need their permission to broadcast it before even speaking to them or else it's illegal to air or something.

So Sal & Richard, the best guys on Howard when I listened, called a public FM radio item trading radio show and would do their best to get absurd names, items and anything else on air.

The poor Tradio folks. It was just relentless. I also loved when they called that internet wrestling show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqxvBzNblik

Also they drove that Talkin Yankees guy who had a show on public radio crazy too.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
BroJoe update: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154267170629476&id=834319475 He's still crazy.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Apoplexy posted:

It seems like this law is almost specifically FOR HIM. He pled his charges down to misdemeanor counts, but they're still DV charges.
It's kismet, really. Can't wait to read about when he finally gets the home invasion that he always dreamed of with no guns in the house. Only hope he doesn't manage to get another girl so no innocents are harmed

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
He'll be at the site of a mass shooting and wont be able to live the good guy with a gun fantasy to which he edges.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
I don't know when this originally aired but I caught it this last weekend. It's Ron, Bob Kelly, Vos and Bonnie judging open mic comics and just slamming them. I thought it was pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6qgBDkvsMs

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

NarkyBark posted:

I don't know when this originally aired but I caught it this last weekend. It's Ron, Bob Kelly, Vos and Bonnie judging open mic comics and just slamming them. I thought it was pretty funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6qgBDkvsMs
Ooh thanks, I heard the ads for that but I couldn't be bothered to hunt it down

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

JFC posted:

It isn't as old as WNEW. I had to be on XM because it has Master Poe on it.

You're right, I dunno why I thought that.

It was reeeeeally early in the XM days, then.

e- I was listening to them on NEW so now I'm trying to remember what it was I heard that first time. Dammit, this is gonna drive me nuts!

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 29, 2016

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Am I the only dickrag that thinks The Bonfire is the best thing on SXM right now?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Considering its competition? Nah.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Here's a shocker: Anthony just ditched any attempt at nuance and now is openly cheering for the unceremonious execution of blacks by cops. A+

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Apoplexy posted:

Here's a shocker: Anthony just ditched any attempt at nuance and now is openly cheering for the unceremonious execution of blacks by cops. A+

That's a bit much, agreed. At least have a ceremony.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Apoplexy posted:

And you're paying to listen still?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Huh? God, no. I'm talking about him tweeting at 2:00 a.m. about the latest 'pigs execute a black guy doing nothing wrong' video. I've never given him a cent.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Apoplexy posted:

I wish he would just literally say "execute all n*s" so we could finally stop paying him any attention at all

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
having guns and looking menacing is an american freedom unless you're not white then you're a savage and should be executed

Am I doing this right? :ohdear:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Apoplexy posted:

"If I can't have my guns, I'll rely on more cops! More and more!"

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Apoplexy posted:

Answered my own question. Why did I read his twitter? It's not even funny at this point.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jul 6, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Morter posted:

having guns and looking menacing is an american freedom unless you're not white then you're a savage and should be executed

Am I doing this right? :ohdear:
He won't put it verbatim that way though, it would be so much easier to get rid of him if he would

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Snacksmaniac posted:

Answered my own question. Why did I read his twitter? It's not even funny at this point.

You want real fun, check out Brother "SAMCRO" Joseph Cumia, Jr. and his Facebook wall of hate.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

CrashCat posted:

He won't put it verbatim that way though, it would be so much easier to get rid of him if he would

"get rid of him?"

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Victorkm posted:

"get rid of him?"

it's 2016 man you can't just ignore stuff you hate, you gotta post about it

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Victorkm posted:

"get rid of him?"
Yeah, as in get him shut down for hate speech

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
From what, Twitter?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I honestly don't think Anthony should be shut down in any legal manner but I do hope he makes enough dumb-rear end comments to get as much ire drawn on him as possible, until he learns to stop being so blatantly inflammatory, or goes into a Fez like withdrawal into privacy.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
He made enough comments that it cost him his multi-million cushy job. If he hasn't stopped already, you think he will now?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

NarkyBark posted:

He made enough comments that it cost him his multi-million cushy job. If he hasn't stopped already, you think he will now?

Also, it's been two years since he lost his gig and he's fallen THIS far.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I wouldn't mind seeing him in the gutter, but I hope no one thinks he'll ever Bud Dwyer himself. He's too much of a hateful cockroach to ever do that.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
CHECK IT OUT NOW

I'm Paul R. Nelthson

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Jesus you people are bloodthirsty. I used to like this thread.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I've been listening to UFC Unfiltered which I really enjoy because it gives me that taste of Jimmy and pairs it with something I like (UFC) without the cancer of Opie or the racism of Ant. It is frustrating to hear Jim talk about Game of Thrones being his favorite show on TV and then fail to know any single character's name.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Cory Lidle posted:

I wouldn't mind seeing him in the gutter, but I hope no one thinks he'll ever Bud Dwyer himself.

Well duh, they took his guns away.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Victorkm posted:

Jesus you people are bloodthirsty. I used to like this thread.
I really would just like to stop hearing that the guy who used to make me laugh is a complete shitbag over and over and over again but since I can't have that I may as well project my anger all over his racist fuckwad face

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
http://shoutengine.com/CumTown/ep-9-technical-difficulties-21303

Jimmy appears on the new episode of hot new podcast Cum Town live from the anthony cumia studios in nyc

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Oh, Anthony. We all knew you were going to blame Obama for this. https://twitter.com/AnthonyCumia/status/751260224636411905

ozza
Oct 23, 2008

Andy Cumya has plunged off the deep end and into the abyss. I used to entertain the idea that there would somehow be a way O&A&J would get back together, but it looks like instead he's going to grow increasingly bitter and gnarled and paranoid, before a booze-induced heart attack in a couple of years that everyone shrugs at. At least he won't be able to blame Obama for everything in a few months' time.

Fake edit: moon runes say he retweeted this poo poo

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

ozza posted:

Fake edit: moon runes say he retweeted this poo poo

「Anthony Cumia」-san ga ritsuiito

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
The race war finally comes, and it's AFTER Anthony gets his guns taken away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

I'm genuinely grateful O&A doesn't exist to give Anthony a platform this week.

• Locked thread