Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

ElGroucho posted:

I got a PM from somebody once, they were like "Hey, good joke back there", and I was like "Thanks, I have crippling social anxiety and am a fat shut-in" only I didn't ever actually reply on account of the crushing social anxiety

He's kind of maybe my best friend ever

Same here bro. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

I'm starting to think that maybe no one appreciates what the 'P' in "PM" actually stands for.

Pizza?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

ElGroucho posted:

I got a PM from somebody once, they were like "Hey, good joke back there", and I was like "Thanks, I have crippling social anxiety and am a fat shut-in" only I didn't ever actually reply on account of the crushing social anxiety

He's kind of maybe my best friend ever

Same, except he also gave me free plat. Or whatever I have now, I don't even know.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Lowtax posted:

she puts an incredible amount of thought and effort into everything around here.

she might be the only one doing those things so i think she gonna be real disappointed

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
back before i was unjustly banned for some reason and lost my platinums i had received a nice PM from a young man or gal saying they really liked one of my old avs :3: warmd my god damned heart until the mods snatched that light fleeting warmth away from me like a snuffed out candle

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

thathonkey posted:

back before i was unjustly banned for some reason and lost my platinums i had received a nice PM from a young man or gal saying they really liked one of my old avs :3: warmd my god damned heart until the mods snatched that light fleeting warmth away from me like a snuffed out candle

Ur old av sucked dick my man boo ya get crowned *does the chicken leg dance* Wowzer gonna need u a towel

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
Can we have a forum with Kyoon, Jon Pop, Dare, EllisD, DiveFox and girlmecha? No one else may post in this forum, just observe them in their natural habitat.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

social vegan posted:

Ur old av sucked dick my man boo ya get crowned *does the chicken leg dance* Wowzer gonna need u a towel

youre not going to be able to bring me down any more i am already at rock bottom but thanks for trying

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

LadyAmbien posted:

BECAUSE REASONS

(I'm a dumbass.)

Hey you can make me a mod if you want. Here are my positive posting qualities (PPQ for short):
I have exactly 1 (one) gold mined thread (Editors note: it wasn't a news thread or anything. It was about being a wizard)

That about wraps it up I think. Oh! I forgot to mention that I go awol every few months for no justifiable reason.

Kind regards,

Jukeboxblues esq.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
this reminds me

has caro posted yet??? is he the new mod??

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
http://imgur.com/a/aP9wL

Those are the pictures from the PM in the OP. Of course it is the Somerville Theatre that he would go to and then blow farts about movies afterwards.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

Make her mod TCC or DND to toughen her up

then Games to tear her back down.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

the hell is a crisp packet? Is there a thread in TCC?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

HiHo ChiRho posted:

the hell is a crisp packet? Is there a thread in TCC?

It's when you have a really good internet connection and you get a chunk of data so fast you'd swear that poo poo was quantum entanglement delivered.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
welcoem gto another thrilling day in the Windows 98 thread i made nachos

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I still haven't bought PMs because I forgot to plug my drat laptop in and the battery died :argh:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

i am picking up development on that video game windows was making

it's going to be called "Someting Awful : The Last Mod" and you get to play asd shovel boy

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

don't play putty's version he doesn't have my artistic vision or fortitude and it'll jsut be a mario 64 reskin

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I just wanted to say that I think both Lowtax and LA are doing great jobs and I always love it when either/both of you guys go on a ban/prob rampage like today's Leper's Colony :)

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I keep hearing about people getting PM'ed dick pics but that never happens to me

Ed: nm, they're pouring in now, thanks

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

The best part of this whole thing is, once this proposal got to the next stage of getting run past the other mods, they would have all had a hearty chuckle at LadyAmbien's inexperience and trashed the idea and nothing would be different now except that we know about it because Windows 98 is a wonderful goon.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Putty posted:

welcoem gto another thrilling day in the Windows 98 thread i made nachos

I like that your countertop is colored in the Forums Gray :)

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

wow putty thanks for being so liberal w the sour cream u loving rear end in a top hat

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

social vegan posted:

wow putty thanks for being so liberal w the sour cream u loving rear end in a top hat

good, I'm glad of it

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

that's not how theyt each u to handle the sour cream guns at work

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Yeah, that looks like at least an extra half squeeze of the sour cream trigger. I'm going to have to dock you an hour's pay to cover the raw materials. Review your employee manual and have Greg run you through a few nachos next shift.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I gotta leave work early today because I'm planning to hijack the tour bus for the Royal Shakespeare Company and force them to perform "As You Like It" for me in my basement at 3:30am.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
My dream is that Lady Ambien PMs me "haybaby want some noodz" and i"m like "sure"

and she sends me a picture of Lowtax sitting in a tub full of Chef Boyardee's Raviolis

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Lowtax posted:

To be honest, Lady Ambien is relatively new to these forums, so she's not as aware of the psychotic meltdowns as us veterans are. All she wants to do is what's best for the community and GBS, and even though she's still green, she puts an incredible amount of thought and effort into everything around here.

despite the series of mod problems and the guy who almost became a mod being legitimately psychotic with a criminal assault record i still think of this as a community that has seen the fall of several nations and survived the ages, and i think this place is cool and good, and i thank you that lowtax, and i respect lady ambien.

i'm raising a glass right now

semper gbs.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'm eating Triscuits, the cracker that eats like a chip, and I'm going to slam some beer soon

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i think b4 i post too w no thanks no regards just the warmth i get from knowing i edified ur day or tugged @ ur heartstrings with my poise and prose a beautiful thought alike a lit match in thes cary dark of the wine cellar daddy raised u in awoooo u howl out the basement window to ur wildlife friends in the nearby grove but they never howl back

nevermore *fade 2 black*

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Applewhite posted:

I gotta leave work early today because I'm planning to hijack the tour bus for the Royal Shakespeare Company and force them to perform "As You Like It" for me in my basement at 3:30am.

make them do it in OP

its way better and funnier

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
someone sent me a PM with a bunch of pics of delicious homemade food and homebrewed booze one time. drat shame that has to stay private.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
lmao "tension and drama between the GBS mods" like it's loving middle school or some poo poo

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

you haven't experienced that dick until you've seen it on 280mm film at 2am like the director intended

But did you get head? PM I wont tell anyone.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Unusual smells are very interesting to me

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Unusual smells are very interesting to me

Knead some wasabi into some playdoh and put it back into the canister with some grape jelly and leave it in the sun for a week. Pop that bad boy open and take a whiff. I'm interested to hear your report.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
That sounds like a very interesting smell

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I should be mod because I will literally do nothing, unless someone reports a post in which case I will probate the person who reported it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

ElGroucho posted:

I keep hearing about people getting PM'ed dick pics but that never happens to me

Ed: nm, they're pouring in now, thanks

Lucky! All I get is horrid anon secrets and death threats. :argh:

• Locked thread