Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Count Bleck posted:

Okay good, Humans that are good and not a <4 cmc.

Also, that Blue Song of the Dryads

Didn't Maro have a loving conniption when they printed Song of the Dryads in green? How is blue better?

I don't think that flash Human guy is great but I could be wrong. We already have a 4 drop that pumps your guys +1/+1 though I could see that effect being better with Company out of the format...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Entropic posted:

It's the white one of the rare escalate cycle, it will be called "Collective %something%"

Collective Cooperation?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Flashing lifelinker and pumps and lifelinks your team seems like a playable standard card. Probably won't be played because there isn't aggressive burn decks.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

The Lord of Hats posted:

Blue gets effects that permanently tap down an opponent's creature or make it unable to use activated abilities, and they get polymorph effects. This is pretty easily in blue's color pie.

Alright fair enough.
It's good removal at any rate.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Sickening posted:

Flashing lifelinker and pumps and lifelinks your team seems like a playable standard card. Probably won't be played because there isn't aggressive burn decks.

I could see this card being played after Company leaves but no Company also makes GW Humans much worse...

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Skyl3lazer posted:

Btw this still doesn't work how you want it to. It doesn't matter if you change the order of the triggers, at the end of the day, spell queller is in play with a spell under it, waiting to leave the battlefield. The only time you can fully exile a spell is if you have an instant speed sacrifice effect, or a blink instead of a flicker (Card returns at EoT instead of immediately)

Cool, but perhaps you should read the actual post instead of being so eager to leap in and prove yourself right without actually understanding the situation.

Once you've done that, come back and check your answer:
The situation at the start is that Queller is in play with a spell under it. The situation at the end is that Queller is in play with a spell under it, while the other spell your opponent cast got exiled and won't come back.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

have tokens and promos

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

That mat is amazing.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I need that mat.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
Well, what is it?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Sickening posted:

That mat is amazing.

True, but that would require playing standard.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

True, but that would require playing standard.

Yeah... but I have a small feeling that standard won't be dramatically different than it is now and I am pretty sure I can pilot my b/w/x control to victory for a single game day.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I think it's cool that Martin Shkreli is wasting his money on cardboard instead of killing people.

Good name. It could see a little play since the effect is so rare in blue.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Jabor posted:

Cool, but perhaps you should read the actual post instead of being so eager to leap in and prove yourself right without actually understanding the situation.

Once you've done that, come back and check your answer:
The situation at the start is that Queller is in play with a spell under it. The situation at the end is that Queller is in play with a spell under it, while the other spell your opponent cast got exiled and won't come back.

The actual reason there is so little instant speed removal in standard right now is to minimize the risk of feelbads when people who don't know better remove Spell Queller with the etb on the stack.

Also it's really hosed up that the best counterspell in 4+ blocks is a creature.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Im a little surprised Imprison in the Moon isn't a white enchantment, but its really a polymorph-y kind of enchantment so it fits well enough. A better conclusion to the story than "And then we burned them and they died the end"

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Elyv posted:

have tokens and promos

These are excellent. Probably the best Zombie tokens since M11.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

GeneX posted:

on the one hand, enchantments are white's thing

on the other, flash isn't (excluding "nope, functioning as intended, we're awful - development" Avacyn)

eh.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
3 mana removal spell in blue seems pretty good

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

GoutPatrol posted:

These are excellent. Probably the best Zombie tokens since M11.

the one thats in a graveyard is my fav, and also i just noticed one of them has */* as stats, has that token maker been spoiled?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

mandatory lesbian posted:

the one thats in a graveyard is my fav, and also i just noticed one of them has */* as stats, has that token maker been spoiled?

It's the artifact that sacs a creature, makes a 1/1 spirit with flying and all the abilities of the sacced creature and a black zombie with the power and toughness of the sacced creature.

Soul Separator?

Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011

This joke went on for too long.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It's kindof weird how they're now printing a bunch of Wild Mongrel/Aquamoeba variants after none in the previous set. I guess it may be because they thought they would mess up SoI limited.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Didn't red just get a Vampire Bear with no abilities? This guy can enable Madness all day long.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

So strictly better than the red vampire bear. :cool:

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yes and it's red's first ever no-downside bear (ouside of Unhinged).

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
It seems like SOI leaned toward having more madness cards than efficient enablers and EDM is flipping the ratio. We'll obviously see more tomorrow once we get the rest of the commons and uncommons.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

mcmagic posted:

Imprisoned by the Moon is about as good a way to deal with walkers as we have in standard at the moment... It's pretty much a 3 mana Path to Exile at Sorcery speed.

I will just never get tired of these terrible "It's just like (X)!" comparisons where the card in question is actually nothing like what it's being compared to, like, at all.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

stinkles1112 posted:

I will just never get tired of these terrible "It's just like (X)!" comparisons where the card in question is actually nothing like what it's being compared to, like, at all.

I agree, the better comparison is a 3 mana Song of the Dryads in Blue that can't hit artifacts or enchantments.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I think this is more "RARGH BLUE" because I refuse to believe people are really mad about the color pie in relation to a card from a loving commander set.

Altho even being RARGH BLUE is dumb bc it's just a spreading seas/polymorhp variant and they finally decided to let blue interact with the planeswalker permanent type.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I've been looking at shards of alara for the flashback drafts and man the art used to be so cool

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It's basically bad Ruinous Path.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

This might go into my pauper delve deck

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

If you get mind controlled and the opponent make stop discard wilt elf liege with the vampire knight, does wilt-elf liege go into play or the graveyard? I.e. does the vampire knight count as being controlled by you or your opponent?

(I'm guessing it goes into the graveyard)

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

56kgofuckyourself.post

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Blue White Spirit control is gonna be legit. I can't wait to have five mana and a Spectral Shepherd in play, and a Queller in hand. Why yes, I would like a Mindbreak Trap with buyback, thank you for asking.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

stinkles1112 posted:

Blue White Spirit control is gonna be legit. I can't wait to have five mana and a Spectral Shepherd in play, and a Queller in hand. Why yes, I would like a Mindbreak Trap with buyback, thank you for asking.

Eagerly await your brew decklist! Loved the old Thopter ones

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Elyv posted:

Who wants to sacrifice themselves on the altar of listening to Travis Woo ramble for an hour to report back to the thread?

tl;dr TWoo and Berry have no clue what will happen if Shkreli buys up big but spend the 20min basically talking about how what even happens he isn't necessarily an evil man. And for some reason neither is Berry? Dono what he did though.

I don't know who Craig Berry is but apparently he knows something about MTG Financing.

Neat.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Shkreli is an evil man regardless of his interaction with mtg finance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Craig Berry is the guy who was talked about recently bc of his buyouts of moat and LED where he argues something or other about how he does it so children can spend $27 to draft, and if he's comparing himself to Martin Shkreli and talking to Travis Woo for a loving interview it's obvious he's actually stoned from huffing his own farts.

It also helps me to reaffirm that mtg finance is all ego driven, not that it needs to be reaffirmed.

• Locked thread