Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

rodbeard posted:

His dad is director/murderer unapologetic acquitted negligent manslaughtrist of one adult and two children (whose labor rights he was knowingly violating at the time) John Landis.

Cool movies though

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jul 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Pvt.Scott posted:

Cool movies though

They let the guy who made that video make movies? Jesus I hate the future.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Why cookie Rocket posted:

They let the guy who made that video make movies? Jesus I hate the future.

His dad. No idea about the retard in the video.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Pvt.Scott posted:

His dad. No idea about the retard in the video.

Max Landis (the son) has written/co-written a handful of films like Chronicle and American Ultra. Apparently he's working on the upcoming Power Rangers film.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0484840/

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Max Landis (the son) has written/co-written a handful of films like Chronicle and American Ultra. Apparently he's working on the upcoming Power Rangers film.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0484840/

drat. American Ultra was a surprisingly enjoyable semi relatable and human (from the relationship angle)romantic comedy that wasn't nonstop terrible weed jokes like the trailer indicated that also managed to be a fine explosion-filled Bourne send-up. I'm glad I can deal with that.

E: from looking at reviews I might be one of the few people who really enjoyed that film.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 7, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I haven't seen it but I'm sure it's garbage

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Chronicle was a good rear end movie. Max Landis is okay in my book.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Zzulu posted:

I haven't seen it but I'm sure it's garbage

That was my expectation going in. That was also my expectation going in to BvS. Hell, I try to have rock-bottom expectations for every film.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Yeah Chronicle was pretty good, it's about the only "found footage" movie where that dumb gimmick made any sense at all.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Max Landis is fine as long as I don't have to look at him or hear him or think about him in any way

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Tiberius Christ posted:

Max Landis is fine as long as I don't have to look at him or hear him or think about him in any way

I'm ok with that. Ideally that's all directors.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
So I watched the DWAN of JUSTICE, and it was funny as hell. Waaay funnier than Deadpool.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Ork of Fiction posted:

So I watched the DWAN of JUSTICE, and it was funny as hell. Waaay funnier than Deadpool.

was it the 3 hour special edition

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer
Wife and kid are at the in-laws on Friday so I might get drunk and watch this

I understand there is a part where a guy is mad at Bruce Wayne because his checks bounce? Or possibly vice versa? Either way that's exactly the kind of thing I want to see in a Batman/Superman movie, looking forward to it

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Tiberius Christ posted:

was it the 3 hour special edition

Seemed longer than that? Is there a special special edition where they remind u of the Batman's backstory an extra 20+ times in case u forget his parents died (they died, when he was a kid) and he's sore about it (upset, that his parents r dead)?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Ork of Fiction posted:

Seemed longer than that? Is there a special special edition where they remind u of the Batman's backstory an extra 20+ times in case u forget his parents died (they died, when he was a kid) and he's sore about it (upset, that his parents r dead)?

Batman's parents are dead? Who's that old guy in his house then? Molesty uncle?

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Pvt.Scott posted:

Batman's parents are dead? Who's that old guy in his house then? Molesty uncle?

someone who couldn't say no to a 12 year old that never grew up

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Tiberius Christ posted:

someone who couldn't say no to a 12 year old that never grew up

So....John Landis again?

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
I say we make our own Green Lantern movie. Just imagine, a goon flying through space, aglow with the green lantern power. Dick butts and goatmen saving the universe.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Blizzy_Cow posted:

I say we make our own Green Lantern movie. Just imagine, a goon flying through space, aglow with the green lantern power. Dick butts and goatmen saving the universe.

They nixed the jack black version of green lantern a long time ago.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I liked chronicle and was interested in seeing american ultra. kind of sucks how lovely people are usually the most talented even though everyone assumes the opposite correlation

Ork of Fiction posted:

DWAN of JUSTICE

lmfao

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Why cookie Rocket posted:

They nixed the jack black version of green lantern a long time ago.

the script for it had some funny details, like when GL was being shot at he creates a bunch of secret service men to jump in front of the bullets

otherwise meh

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I enjoyed the Ultimate Version of BvS

So what

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Tiberius Christ posted:

the script for it had some funny details, like when GL was being shot at he creates a bunch of secret service men to jump in front of the bullets

otherwise meh

Didn't he also use the ring to create a superhero that would actually help people so he didnt have to?

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Fat Shat Sings posted:

Didn't he also use the ring to create a superhero that would actually help people so he didnt have to?

Yeah, I think the climax of the film is just him making green Superman.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Don Tacorleone posted:

I enjoyed the Ultimate Version of BvS

So what

you are bad and wrong

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I will probably never see the director's cut. The once in the theater was enough to poison the well for me. The only exception is if that's the version that gets a Rifftrax.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

you are bad and wrong

Not only did I enjoy it, I thought it was great and much better than Civil War

Come at me bro

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Pvt.Scott posted:

I will probably never see the director's cut. The once in the theater was enough to poison the well for me. The only exception is if that's the version that gets a Rifftrax.

man I hadn't even thought of that, they have to do that turd of a film

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I watched the directors cut of this on a plane and the only thing that I remember is getting about 2.5 hours into the movie only to realize that nothing had actually happened yet.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
It's a great movie

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

man I hadn't even thought of that, they have to do that turd of a film

There was a part where Batman was fighting Superman and BM picks up a sink to hit him with it and I was all "Man! I never thought he would SINK to this level" or "You ever get that SINKing feeling?!" or "He's thrown everything at him at this point, even the KITCHEN (actually bathroon) SINK!" or "Looks like the porcelEND of the line!" or "SINKs 2bu dude!!!"

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Ork of Fiction posted:

There was a part where Batman was fighting Superman and BM picks up a sink to hit him with it and I was all "Man! I never thought he would SINK to this level" or "You ever get that SINKing feeling?!" or "He's thrown everything at him at this point, even the KITCHEN (actually bathroon) SINK!" or "Looks like the porcelEND of the line!" or "SINKs 2bu dude!!!"

i don't remember that part cause i was drunk

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Ork of Fiction posted:

Didn't this scenario happen in The Spirit, only with a toilet?

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

Don Tacorleone posted:

Not only did I enjoy it, I thought it was great and much better than Civil War

Come at me bro

worse

than

hitler

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
speaking of whatever this thread is about holy poo poo jlaw and the clown fairy that plays professor xavier shoudl be shot in the street

also what the gently caress happened to apocalypse being the bad guy in the far future instead they melt him with steel beams???? STEEL BEAMS??

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

gently caress the ROW posted:

speaking of whatever this thread is about holy poo poo jlaw and the clown fairy that plays professor xavier shoudl be shot in the street

also what the gently caress happened to apocalypse being the bad guy in the far future instead they melt him with steel beams???? STEEL BEAMS??

Apocalypse can't melt steel beams

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

gently caress the ROW posted:

wait what

Man what the hell happens in this movie, how do you gently caress up something like Apocalypse.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

why is lois lane the key

who gives a gently caress about lois lane

From a page or two ago, but, apparently, the theory is that this is a reference to the DC comics where Joker tricks Supes into killing Lois Lane. This makes Supes go bananas, burst his fist through Joker's chest, and join Darkseid or some poo poo.

Source: Some nerd article about that clip.

I, for one, actually really liked that scene for some reason and welcome the Ezra Miller Flash movie. Just please don't make it "spunky young Spiderman the Flash saving the city", WB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I for one enjoyed Apocalypse being defeated by beams of both steel and eye laser varieties.

• Locked thread