Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It would take a very skilled and experienced rhetorician to navigate the American people through this hearing and make it look bad for Hillary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Karl Sharks posted:

why would that even be up for discussion? unless it's which cargo shorts go best with which fedora?

Trap sprung! Everyone knows you wear a utilikilt with fedoras.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

euphronius posted:

So bad turnout for R and it's possible

Holy poo poo

Possible but highly unlikely as a lot of typically red states would turn blue before TX and I don't think Clinton is campaigning seriously in the state.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

zoux posted:

It would take a very skilled and experienced rhetorician to navigate the American people through this hearing and make it look bad for Hillary.

MISTER COMEY ARE YOU AWARE OF "YOU TUBE"

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

zoux posted:

"Hillary is a bitch." -Fox News

*nods in agreement* -Most of the USA

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
e: wrong thread

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Slate Action posted:

Which candidate is more honest?

Clinton 40%
Trump 37%

Lying Crooked Donald

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
If Romney was down 9 points in a poll in 2012 everyone would have lost their goddamn minds. This year it's just like "whatever, got plenty of those"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Slate Action posted:

If Romney was down 9 points in a poll in 2012 everyone would have lost their goddamn minds. This year it's just like "whatever, got plenty of those"

then every few days one'll pop out with trump only losing by like 3 and WOOAOAAAHHHH ITS HAPPENING PRESIDENNT TRUMP TIME HAHA UNSKEW THIS ONE LOSERS

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

It is incredibly easy to vote in Texas due to the lengthy early voting times. I can usually go vote on a whim and finish within 5 minutes of entering the polling area. So turnout probably won't be much different from previous elections.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

shiksa posted:

then every few days one'll pop out with trump only losing by like 3 and WOOAOAAAHHHH ITS HAPPENING PRESIDENNT TRUMP TIME HAHA UNSKEW THIS ONE LOSERS

Excuse me, have you heard of Rasmussen Reports

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

zoux posted:

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Slate Action posted:

Excuse me, have you heard of Rasmussen Reports

i'm more of a surveymonkey man, myself

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

To put this in perspective, Donald would need to flip every single swing state to win.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

I love this picture.

Also, Trump gonna lose college educated white folks lmao.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Atoramos posted:

To put this in perspective, Donald would need to flip every single swing state to win.

are you including MN, OR and CT? :smugdon:

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
The debates are just going to be Hillary Clinton going "can you believe this guy?" over and over again.

If Gary Johnson makes it in, maybe he can offer Trump a blunt to ease him off his manic shouting.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

shiksa posted:

If by 'every few days' you mean 'less than 6 hours ago'.

Slate Action posted:

National GE poll - Rasmussen
7/5 - 1,000 LV
this is a weekly tracking poll

Trump 42 (-1)
Clinton 40 (+1)

"Clinton continues to hold a wide lead among blacks. Trump leads by 11 points among whites, while the two are nearly tied among other minority voters."

oh, Rasmussen.

Baloogan posted:

lol if u get to ignore bad polls then we get to ignore bad polls hahahahahahahaha

you loving skewer

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

This is it, thanks!

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/05/27/this-might-be-the-darkest-theory-yet-about-why-donald-trump-keeps-winning

"TRUMP!"

*clickBOOM*

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Zelder posted:

*plunges an allegorical dagger into your chest*

*sidesteps with an allusion, double hoops you with a double-entendre*

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Boosted_C5 posted:

Pro-tip: He has no tweet screeners, he stumbled across the image and though "heh, that's pretty good" and tweeted it.

So the GOP nominee for president was just casually scrolling through an outspoken anti-Semite's Twitter feed, got a good laugh and decided to spread the mirth. Nothing wrong about that.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

y'all thought Romney Death Rally 2012 was something. with Trump, all is death. kill your parents, and everyone else you know, then yourself.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Internet Webguy posted:

So the GOP nominee for president was just casually scrolling through an outspoken anti-Semite's Twitter feed, got a good laugh and decided to spread the mirth. Nothing wrong about that.

that's honestly pretty tame on the grand scale of presidential racism

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Stick their top half in a burlap sack, problem solved. :colbert:

I love Franklin.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
From the Pew poll:

White / female / college grad

June 2008: Obama +3
June 2012: Obama +1
June 2016: Clinton +31

White / male / non-college grad

June 2008: McCain +17
June 2012: Romney +27
June 2016: Trump +37

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

Did any of them bring up that Comey was also the investigator on the Mark Rich pardon?

I read that as Mark Richt and got legitimately frothing mad. I need to get out of Georgia.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

zoux posted:

psst Mark Kirk is confined to a wheelchair

This is pretty effecting

quote:

his is how Mark Kirk wants you to see him. It’s a Ju­ly morn­ing, in a first-floor foy­er of a chil­dren’s hos­pit­al. A dozen on­look­ers are watch­ing him as he treks up a flight of stairs. But Kirk, a Re­pub­lic­an sen­at­or from Illinois, isn’t alone on this jour­ney. Trail­ing him, step for step, is a man named Eddy Brown. The 68-year-old Brown suffered a stroke in Feb­ru­ary; it left Brown’s speech slurred and his walk­ing im­paired.

Now, Kirk, dressed in a navy t-shirt and shorts, is chal­len­ging Brown to over­come his par­tial para­lys­is and reach the second floor. “Eddy, fol­low me,” Kirk says, turn­ing to make sure Brown is still with him. Brown’s reply is quick: “I’m with you, broth­er.”

The climb isn’t easy for the sen­at­or, either: In 2012, just a year in­to his first term in the Sen­ate, he too suffered a stroke. Today, his left side re­mains par­tially para­lyzed. He is of­ten con­fined to a wheel­chair and needs an aide’s help with some ba­sic tasks, like get­ting in and out of cars. As a res­ult, Kirk’s own trek up the hos­pit­al stairs re­quires a meth­od­ic­al ap­proach: lift­ing his right leg first, paus­ing for a second, and then swinging the af­fected left leg over.

But on this day, the 55-year-old Kirk is not a vic­tim; he’s the guide. And his protégé is fol­low­ing him up 21 steps, to the second floor, where cof­fee, re­fresh­ments, and the ap­plause of spec­tat­ors awaits. At the top of the stairs, as Kirk and Brown con­grat­u­late each oth­er, Brown’s wife, Mary, be­gins weep­ing—over­joyed, she says, to see someone show­ing that her hus­band’s life isn’t ef­fect­ively over.

https://www.nationaljournal.com/magazine/2015/07/31/aftermath-senators-stroke

Still want him to lose though. But he seems like a good guy.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

My god it's straight up the Baghdad Bob pose.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Slate Action posted:

From the Pew poll:

White / female / college grad

June 2008: Obama +3
June 2012: Obama +1
June 2016: Clinton +31

White / male / non-college grad

June 2008: McCain +17
June 2012: Romney +27
June 2016: Trump +37

https://twitter.com/GideonResnick/status/751126437944520708

Which seems a bit high, given other polling we've seen. But this is certainly an argument he can make to Jeff Flake et al, you know, if he was a normal candidate capable of persuasive arguments.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Dogstoyevsky posted:

The convention is in ten days. Ten. Days.

Enjoy your last week and a half of survival, Cleveland!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/IMKristenBell/status/751128225829584896

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

SirPablo posted:

I hope someone writes a book using this thread as source material after the election.

Preface by Robert Morrow

Introduction - Dante's 17 Circles of Hell

Chapter 1 - "Some, I assume, are good people."

Chapter 2 - I can't believe how excited I am about the Jeb campaign!

Chapter 3 - And then the room rose in unison and applauded Ben Carson, who was awarded a $10 bill towards a West Point scholarship

Chapter 4 - Florida Foam Parties

Chapter 5 - Buckle Up!

Chapter 6 - The Ooze Man and the Basketball Ring

Chapter 7 - The Suicide Bombing (aka "The 8th Debate")

Chapter 8 - All Shall Wear the Hat!

Chapter 9 - The Seven Stages of Grief

Chapter 14 - Mice Kneltdown

Chapter 88 - TRUMP! *click*

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 7, 2016

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Slate Action posted:

hahaha holy gently caress

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/751110399332716544

Romney got 27% of the Latino vote

:eyepop:

Jesus Christ

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That's it I'm banning her character from my conservative Frozen slash fic.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Enjoy your last week and a half of survival, Cleveland!

the cavs won, so the city erupting into flames isn't going to hurt nearly as bad.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Trump believes that the world is going to end in a nuclear hellfire, leaving only wolves and urban youths to roam its remains.

EDIT: Also that he wouldn't live past the age of 40. The man believes in death. He loves death.

Trump is Thanos.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
yeah fascists are traditionally pretty fond of death

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin
I am become Trump, destroyer of worlds

All shall love me and despair

The final solution to the zero sum game of life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Frankly I'm surprised Trump hasn't talked about BLM at all.

I assume it's because even he is smart enough to recognize that minefield? I legitmately don't quite get it, it's right in his rhetorical wheelhouse.

• Locked thread