Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Barry is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Itsuki is boring, down with everyman player inserts

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dunban posted:

Barry is good

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Tokyo Mirage Sessions - It's Very Good, Man

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Cake Attack posted:

Itsuki is boring, down with everyman player inserts

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I expect more barry content, ty

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
So I've started getting enough Master Seals to change people over from their first to their second. Will I still be able to make the weapons from say,, Assassin if I switch over to Sniper?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Okay, say what you want about Conqueror Chrom, but if you want to go full on MAXIMUM EDGELORD, nothing beats Swordmaster Navarre. :psyduck:

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Tired Moritz posted:

I expect more barry content, ty

You Hollywannabe

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

W.T. Fits posted:

Okay, say what you want about Conqueror Chrom, but if you want to go full on MAXIMUM EDGELORD, nothing beats Swordmaster Navarre. :psyduck:

hahaha you were not wrong!

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
To answer my earlier question, it appears that switching from one advanced class to the other does not remove access to the others unique weapons.

On a related note, I just dropped from 51 5-Star Prestiges to 0 and have about fifteen weapons to learn skills from, and I haven't even made all the base five star weapons let alone the + versions. The grind is real.

Cirina fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jul 8, 2016

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

:boom:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Itsuki cannot hope to be as powerful as Tiki=Waifu

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Eopia posted:

To answer my earlier question, it appears that switching from one advanced class to the other does not remove access to the others unique weapons.

On a related note, I just dropped from 51 5-Star Prestiges to 0 and have about fifteen weapons to learn skills from, and I haven't even made all the base five star weapons let alone the + versions. The grind is real.

Thanks for the info on class changing, I'd been holding off but now I'll not do that.

If you do sidequests and fight everything you see, you'll break even by the end of the chapter-ish, give or take. The RNG can be really streaky when it comes to monster items/prestige. On the plus side, if you session the poo poo out of bosses (the chapter 5 midboss is great for this) you'll get prestiges out the rear end. the aforementioned boss dropped nearly 30 5*'s for me by the end of the fight.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So should I ditch Kiria entirely in the late game? In normal fights she does pretty well but during literally any boss fight if something looks at her she gets blown the gently caress up with 500 something damage hits followed by whatever session might occur. I literally do not know what to do with her because she just dies if I try to swap her in to use magic.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So should I ditch Kiria entirely in the late game? In normal fights she does pretty well but during literally any boss fight if something looks at her she gets blown the gently caress up with 500 something damage hits followed by whatever session might occur. I literally do not know what to do with her because she just dies if I try to swap her in to use magic.

yeah i found she was way too squishy too. id bring her in for pastel power in some fights but that was it.

Late game i basically only ever had Yashiro, Touma or Mamori as mainstays in boss fights, anyone else would only go in if i needed one of their specials specifically (which was rare)

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Yeah, Kiria is amazing(ly situational) for Pastel Power, Ellie for Mass Destruction, Tusbasa for her SP skill that regens health and EP. Beyond that I roll with Yashiro and Mamori as my default party. Touma for when I need spear supremacy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, Yoshiro and Mamori are an incredibly solid base party, swap in others when you need it.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I used her but then again she had 100+ in mag so

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Regy Rusty posted:

Itsuki cannot hope to be as powerful as Tiki=Waifu

i guess the power of loving garbage overcomes all

Cake Attack posted:

i like touma because a charged full throttle does super good damage, especially if you use raging blast/empty wave to create weaknesses before hand.

:shittypop: I gotta try that!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i like touma because a charged full throttle does super good damage, especially if you use raging blast/empty wave to create weaknesses before hand.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the biggest non-contributor was ellie imo. just never really saw a reason to put her in a boss fight in the late game.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Cake Attack posted:

the biggest non-contributor was ellie imo. just never really saw a reason to put her in a boss fight in the late game.

Yeah, Ellie is too fragile to front line most fights IMO. Mass Destruction can instantly kill adds that give you trouble if her SKL is high enough, but I usually try to session off them instead for loot so it's super situational.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Cake Attack posted:

she was my fastest char so i used her as turn 1 debuff and switched for kiria. probably should've used touma for that since he got debilitate but :shrug:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

congrats to #FE for hewing close to it's roots and making the archer bad

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I use all the characters equally

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Cake Attack posted:

She's got good bow attacks that cause status effects (and a radiant skill that boosts how often they proc), and she's good with fire/electric. Yeah, her defense isn't quite that good, but she's got good tricks. she's like if a Fire Emblem thief didn't suck

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Cake Attack posted:

Let me tell you about radiant dawn

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

you should tell me about fates instead

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Cake Attack posted:

you should tell me about fates instead

archers are the best units in fates though?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

BillmasterCozb posted:

archers are the best units in fates though?

yeah that was my point

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Cake Attack posted:

yeah that was my point

i am dense, forgive me

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ellie somehow winds up in my rotation fairly often. She vanishes for periods of times but will suddenly "wait how long have I been using her" and I find out she's leveled up pretty well.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Just got the last party member! :toot:

I have an entirely baseless speculation regarding him: He's Marth, if for no other reason than I think it'd be hilarious.

Don't want a confirm/deny here, it just suddenly occurred to me.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Yep, think I'm done with the game for the night. Elenora's quest. Got wiped out by those loving ghosts. Lose 45 minutes worth of work.

Yep. Done for the night.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ganbatte

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the biggest sin of this game is that there's no j-pop version of mass destruction

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Just finished the game. Highly enjoyable! Really loved the battle systems.
Next time I want to see more personality from the FE characters.

One big unanswered question Did everyone but Tsubasa's sister end up dying after they were kidnapped at the start of the game. So like, 499 people are dead?

Also, if you don't do the side quests, what is the lovely ending for each character?

Also, Tiki=Wifu is amazing and so is Barry. If Barry would get a new partner, who would it be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
umm, is Kiria's jojo costume available at any point later? or is it just for that side quest

• Locked thread