Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3PQIjCxi0Q

Classic Billy West. Jackie Puppet gets real mean for ten mins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
drat I saw a ton of posts and thought Artie had finally died since I was busy as gently caress all day and that's usually how it works, but wow you guys just kicked up the content & chat.
High Pitch as KC Armstrong: "Nice!"

Was listening to an '07 show and Crazy Alice is in the studio and being nice to everyone - even Gay Artie (Arrivederci, cocksucker!)
The Jackie era was really great, but I have to say I think the best years were the terrestrial radio years with Artie because there were more randoms calling in on free radio... and Stuttering John was there along with Gay KC (at the Ramrod Inn, Fort Lauderdale)

There is just a nearly endless amount of content that Howard's created over the years, I'm so glad I kept all my satellite recordings when I was still making them to listen to on an ipod at work (the first 5 years, totally unedited, commercials are a pain if you can't FFWD the mp3) - I wish they'd put out legit "Full Year" sets because I'd buy them in a heartbeat. You could listen to a show a day until you die and probably only have to repeat a couple years worth (fewer if Trump wins)

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
That's loving gross Jon

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

I was looking for gross pictures of Jan when I found a site filled with terrible stern drawings:
http://www.drawnforyou.com/the-howard-stern-show/

Post your faaaavorite

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

EngineerJoe posted:

I was looking for gross pictures of Jan when I found a site filled with terrible stern drawings:
http://www.drawnforyou.com/the-howard-stern-show/

Post your faaaavorite

Needs more cats.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I just listened to the clip where High Pitch Mike gets called out on air by Steve Langford for not letting him into his apartment. One of the excuses is that Mike's roommate has his kid over there every other weekend.

Did High Pitch ever admit to moving in with an older divorced gay guy? Because that makes more sense as to why High Pitch would want people to think he sold a TV he won rather than letting anyone see his apartment.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

cumshitter posted:

Did High Pitch ever admit to moving in with an older divorced gay guy? Because that makes more sense as to why High Pitch would want people to think he sold a TV he won rather than letting anyone see his apartment.

Either Howard or Artie actually asked him this during his coming out on the show. Mike said his roommate was straight and their was nothing in his apartment to suggest he was gay.

He probs sold the TV, which was the right move as it's likely worth twenty dollars now. Also every time you watched something on it you'd probably think of Shiobhan's smelly gaping wound that she calls a vagina on your face.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Super Ninja Fish posted:

All the old Stern guys that aren't allowed back should make their own show together. Jackie, Artie, Stuttering John, Gilbert, etc..

I am honestly amazed that someone hasn't put this together already. Put it on in NY, PA, NJ and the surrounding area and even if it is bad it would still drive pretty solid ratings. I am sure it would drive Howard insane too. I can just hear his response too; the fake wishing them the best, spinning it as the stations are so desperate to get a piece of the show back that they will resort to this, complain about how no one contacted him before hand, etc. I am sure behind the scenes he would lose his poo poo though which sadly would be his fault.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Either Howard or Artie actually asked him this during his coming out on the show. Mike said his roommate was straight and their was nothing in his apartment to suggest he was gay.

He probs sold the TV, which was the right move as it's likely worth twenty dollars now. Also every time you watched something on it you'd probably think of Shiobhan's smelly gaping wound that she calls a vagina on your face.

As much as High Pitch Mike was in denial, he was probably just telling the truth when he said he didn't want Langford and whoever else didn't like him to just snoop around his apartment and pick apart every thing they see for a camera trying too hard to be funny. If you already work with someone you don't like, and now they're asking to ridicule your home for comedic purposes, I'd probably resist a lot as well. What's the upside?

Didn't he flat out say he would have allowed Lisa G. to go into his apartment and film? He just knew they would be assholes about it.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

Djarum posted:

I am honestly amazed that someone hasn't put this together already. Put it on in NY, PA, NJ and the surrounding area and even if it is bad it would still drive pretty solid ratings. I am sure it would drive Howard insane too. I can just hear his response too; the fake wishing them the best, spinning it as the stations are so desperate to get a piece of the show back that they will resort to this, complain about how no one contacted him before hand, etc. I am sure behind the scenes he would lose his poo poo though which sadly would be his fault.

It would be a colossal poo poo show that would probably be fined to hell and cancelled with a month. But what a glorious month it would be. Artie and Gilbert together are great on their podcasts. Racist as hell but great. John and Jackie are awful now. Johns an unfunny drunk and Jackies a spiteful old man that is still upset at Howard for letting him leave 15 years ago.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Djarum posted:

spinning it as the stations are so desperate to get a piece of the show back that they will resort to this

Wouldn't that be true?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Former Human posted:

Wouldn't that be true?

Not entirely, 3 guys with decades of radio experience and a well known comedian/actor all with a built in and similar following is gold to media platforms. You can't say that Stern made Artie or Gilbert as they were successful and well known before Howard and since, John as much as I hate to admit it was successful outside the show for a long, long time.

Sadly the only one who wasn't is Jackie which I have always wondered if Howard ever interfered with his career after leaving. Jackie should have been able to get a gig as a writer for drat near any comedy television show around at the very least if not had development deals thrown at him left and right since he left at the time when the networks were giving every comedian in the country it seemed like development deals for shows. With the stories of Howard interfering with someone else leaving before, John hiding the Tonight Show gig until the last minute along with Billy West seemingly having a grudge with Howard himself after leaving you can see a little pattern.

So while they have a Stern connection I wouldn't at all see this as getting a piece of the Stern Show back, I doubt it would even be anything akin to the same format. So Howard would be stretching the facts enough to make his own egotistical arguments akin to him bashing Gary or anyone else on the show for receiving or going to things because they are actually his or they are wanting something in return. He never understood that promotional people might want Baba Booey to show up at their movie screening as he is a known person, because of the show granted, but they are using him not Howard. Granted Howard got that way of thinking from his mother and I doubt he will ever change, it is kind of sad really going back and listening to old tapes and realizing where all his issues stem from exactly.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
This. This is how a man who keeps little girls in a rape dungeon under his house orders fast food.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Djarum posted:

Not entirely, 3 guys with decades of radio experience and a well known comedian/actor all with a built in and similar following is gold to media platforms.

Yeah it would be gold at first, because having a known entity makes a show much easier to market and there may be a (small) built-in fan base. Radio companies are dumb or desperate enough to hire those guys even just as a publicity stunt. It wouldn't be gold for long once the show actually hits the air, since it would be awful. Jackie or Stuttering John on any show outside of Howard... forget it. The Martling and Melendez Show would be too hacky and unfunny for words.

Howard knows how to make his cast interesting and exploit their quirks and characteristics and then move on to another subject. The ancillary Stern Show cast is kept in small doses for a reason. That's also why Howard is so good at interviews. He can take a random stripper or homeless guy off the street and make them interesting for thirty minutes if he has to. Four hours of Joke Hunt or Stuttering John talking about doing whippits would be radio poison.

Artie has talent when he actually shows up for work and puts in some effort, but even then he needs an actual broadcaster to control the conversation and flow of the show. His podcast is usually boring and his two sports radio shows were cancelled pretty quickly. They only lasted 2.5 years combined. Gilbert is hilarious for an hour at a time but I think would get too annoying or repetitive for a full format radio show. All four of those guys really need a professional to predict the interest level of the audience and keep things moving. A "hey remember these guys who used to be on a Stern a decade ago" show would be a trainwreck. I can maybe see a show like that popping up at Sirius after Howard retires when Sal or some other second tier employee runs out of money though.

Let's not forget that Gary and Artie were offered their own radio show by Infinity in 2005. It's not like they got the offer because the company really loved Dirty Work and Gary's knowledge of jukeboxes. It's 100% because of their affiliation with Howard. They were smart enough at the time to turn it down, especially for Gary because Artie ended up imploding a few years later.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I would argue that the show did in fact 'make' Artie. Sure, he was on MadTV, but so was Pat Kilbane, David Herman, and a slew of others who aren't Will Sasso and Alex Borstein (i.e., people who still get recognized and regular work).

I enjoy seeing Ike Barenholtz pop up from time to time. He's good in the Neighbours movies.

EDIT: Different topic, but obviously Robin isn't known for her jokes, but I really enjoy the line she gives when the staff is talking about the Tradio theme song (the Andy of Mayberry theme, I believe). Howard says something like 'If I'm black, and I hear that, I'm getting the hell out of there.' Robin replies 'Yeah, they might want to trade ME.'

:golfclap:

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jul 8, 2016

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Crotch Bat posted:

This. This is how a man who keeps little girls in a rape dungeon under his house orders fast food.

The hair on the back of my neck stood up as I read this. What a broken human being.

ChaosMonkey
Jun 28, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

He's one of those entitled rear end in a top hat middle-aged men who makes working retail or any service industry job hell and he can get hosed.

I love telling guys like this "no" at work. They loving hate it. It drives them up a wall.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Crotch Bat posted:

I'd love to see the sales numbers on his book. I feel like his target demographic probably doesn't know how to read.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

Where did you find this, and can we get more? I mean, yes, I'm in full agreement (with what we agreed on, being that we all agree to agree....) that he's terrible, but like a trainwreck, I need to see more.

EDIT: Jesus christ, I am so the opposite of him in these situations, almost to a fault. I've worked retail (department store, like KMart) for years, and the amount of respect I absolutely have to give these people is unwavering. Just because they make less than you Jon doesn't mean that they're garbage, you loving garbage-soulled weirdo. I'd never act like this around anyone, let alone workers there.

Pro-tip: never piss off anyone handling your food. Ever.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jul 8, 2016

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

ChaosMonkey posted:

He's one of those entitled rear end in a top hat middle-aged men who makes working retail or any service industry job hell and he can get hosed.

I love telling guys like this "no" at work. They loving hate it. It drives them up a wall.

Wait, so he just obstinately stands there at the register while he waits for his food? What an rear end in a top hat. I'd hate to be the guy working at the Manhattan McDonald's getting glared at by Jon Hein of all people.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
"Hey that autistic guy who just stands at the register without speaking after he orders is here again. You go deal with him."

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

BobbyK posted:

"Hey that autistic guy who just stands at the register without speaking after he orders is here again. You go deal with him."

Be sure to say it loud enough for him to hear. Being 6'2" and busy obstructing the view of people behind him, he'll hear it.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Its so nice to see so many posts that agree with what I agree on. You really hit the nail on the head.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I don't know where the gently caress he's going but every fast food place I go to the cashier is not the person who assembles and delivers your food, so continuing to stand in front of the cashier refusing to move to the side is just you being a colossal rear end in a top hat. But I guess that's par for the course for someone who, on national television, invaded a poor woman's car and berated her for her KFC Drive-Thru etiquette.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Remember that he used to read his daughter's IM messages word for word.

And gently caress him if I'm at a fast food place and lunch and he won't move until he gets his order. May be get diabetes and die young.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

GenoCanSing posted:

Its so nice to see so many posts that agree with what I agree on. You really hit the nail on the head.

This really harkens back to my youth, because when I was young, the youth were really the youth of the nation, being young then, and...

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Back in the day it used to be about the wrestling, when you had Bam Bam Bigelow.....and Brett The Hitman Hart....and Junkyard Dog.......and Hacksaw Jim Duggan....

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Bonzo posted:

May be get diabetes and die young.

I think he already has it, doesn't he?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

I think he already has it, doesn't he?

The secret to getting diagnosed with diabetes is, first of all, Look for a doctor right away. He or she will be wearing a long white coat, probably a stethoscope. Make sure the stethoscope doesn't have any holes punctured in it. That way, you know it's fresh for you to use. When you tell the nurse you've arrived, don't move to the side. You wait right there, front and centre, to make sure that they deal with you as soon as possible. I'm 6'2" and generally I'm very much taller than those old people with walkers, so it's easy for me.

Next, when they tell you you have diabetes, the first step is not to cry. It's really not so bad, and for most, it's a way to get skinny. You tell those tears to go right back up there, because it's YOU who's in charge of THEM, and not the other way around. Look the doctor right in the eye, and don't lose focus, because the moment you do, he or she will have to leave the room, and you'll be stuck waiting for probably 30-45 minutes, which is time better spent at the drive-thru.

Next chapter: How to pay for parking (the right way!)

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
During the weight loss contest everyone kind of focused on Artie and how he wasn't taking it seriously at all but Jon Hein was really funny as well. He tried to stop eating fast food for a day and walk on a treadmill and he got incredibly cranky and upset that the pounds weren't melting away. How do you get to be that stupid.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

The secret to getting diagnosed with diabetes is, first of all, Look for a doctor right away. He or she will be wearing a long white coat, probably a stethoscope. Make sure the stethoscope doesn't have any holes punctured in it. That way, you know it's fresh for you to use. When you tell the nurse you've arrived, don't move to the side. You wait right there, front and centre, to make sure that they deal with you as soon as possible. I'm 6'2" and generally I'm very much taller than those old people with walkers, so it's easy for me.

Next, when they tell you you have diabetes, the first step is not to cry. It's really not so bad, and for most, it's a way to get skinny. You tell those tears to go right back up there, because it's YOU who's in charge of THEM, and not the other way around. Look the doctor right in the eye, and don't lose focus, because the moment you do, he or she will have to leave the room, and you'll be stuck waiting for probably 30-45 minutes, which is time better spent at the drive-thru.

Next chapter: How to pay for parking (the right way!)

:allears:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

BobbyK posted:

During the weight loss contest everyone kind of focused on Artie and how he wasn't taking it seriously at all but Jon Hein was really funny as well. He tried to stop eating fast food for a day and walk on a treadmill and he got incredibly cranky and upset that the pounds weren't melting away. How do you get to be that stupid.

Do you have a link to which one this is? Is it the 2002 one, sponsored by Bally or something?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Do you have a link to which one this is? Is it the 2002 one, sponsored by Bally or something?

I think it was the 2007 Battle of the Blobs when they were on teams, and Artie sabotaged his team by not caring and actually gained weight some weeks. I know I've seen it on Youtube before, but I think they might have taken it down.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Yeah sorry duder, I can't find it on youtube and I know they had one of those clip montages of it up and that's how I saw it. Which kind of frustrates me because the best memories I have of those week+ long events like the staff secrets, weight loss game, etc. were all the little references and asides Howard would get into through out the week. I wish there was a full show archive somewhere.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

BobbyK posted:

Yeah sorry duder, I can't find it on youtube and I know they had one of those clip montages of it up and that's how I saw it. Which kind of frustrates me because the best memories I have of those week+ long events like the staff secrets, weight loss game, etc. were all the little references and asides Howard would get into through out the week. I wish there was a full show archive somewhere.

Just fyi: I read all of your posts in Bobby/JFK's voice. :allears:

EDIT: Also, I wish there was a Jon Hein clip pack, because everyone needs to experience this oddity.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

EDIT: Also, I wish there was a Jon Hein clip pack, because everyone needs to experience this oddity.

I showed a non-Stern fan an episode of his TV show, the one where he got in the car with some random woman at the drive thru and criticized her strategy, or lack thereof. I feel like that was a perfect introduction.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

I showed a non-Stern fan an episode of his TV show, the one where he got in the car with some random woman at the drive thru and criticized her strategy, or lack thereof. I feel like that was a perfect introduction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVAJVNeIetU

How has he NOT been physically assaulted in any way yet?

JD gets mugged, Jon Hein gets a tv show, and fat. Where's the, like, justice or whatever, idunno.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVAJVNeIetU

How has he NOT been physically assaulted in any way yet?

JD gets mugged, Jon Hein gets a tv show, and fat. Where's the, like, justice or whatever, idunno.

To be fair that isn't an "random" person but someone they picked to be on TV.

Let me ask this; do any native New Yorkers eat fast food? I imagine he could get away with holding up a line in Manhattan because of all the tourists but he doesn't stand a change against an 5'5 Italian guy or a female Puertorican

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

"I wonder if he got a BJ off the girl at the drive thru."