Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

The commander's a female so uhhhh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Well if she's waving her dick then she's good for rolled sleeves

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Soulex posted:

Ooohhhh hhhoooo hoooomann.....let me tell you something.

I haven't finaled out yet, mainly for a couple of (good) reasons.
1) Still need a smidgen of signatures, then it's road to DD 214 town. Easy
2) we got our first call with a look for our house. Then another. So I spent all day yesterday with my wife going ape poo poo cleaning everything really good. Of the two people, one called back to see it again, and one of the two people called my agent and is putting together an offer. This early with us having just put it on the market (July 2nd?3rd?) in a good place is awesome and am probably going to get asking price or more if people get involved and wanna bid each other up.
3) doing number two would be loving hilariously bad while needing to freak out about people comin to the house and poo poo. So I decided not to loving go. Just this week is awesome, and it's hard to feel like it's real. Like "I'm a civilian? I'm a civilian! What does that mean?"
4) I have slept in and been overall just thrilled to be able to not give a gently caress and feel great about it.

Soon you, too, will join the great unshaven masses. DD214 in hand, or on your blanket if you're pro-tier, you will wake up and think "Ya know what, gently caress this. I want to go back to sleep" and then do so.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

not caring here posted:

Well if she's waving her dick then she's good for rolled sleeves

I would like to say, in my experience, there is nothing worse than a female attempting to be more of a man than the men and failing at it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

So today I go to electronically sign some dumb thing and I can't log in. Look at my CAC and uh oh. It just expired. Then I'm driving onto post and stopped by the gate guard and forced to get a 72 hour pass because my id just expired. Go to the id place to be told that the id card making network (or whatever) is down worldwide since early this morning with no idea when it will be fixed. I tell the lady that I need my cac in order to do work and things. She tells me it's a sign that I should take a break.

Some other dumb Army things happened today too.

Hooah.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
I saw that at Bragg's soldier processing center as I was scheduling my PCS move today- just tons of people looking pissed off and announcements every 5 minutes that DEERS was being slow.

Of course I had my own frustrations just dealing with the piece of poo poo systems that DPS and move.mil are. Don't remember your username? Of course the transportation office doesn't have CAC enabled computers and doesn't allow Enterprise access so I had to go to the USO of all places, log in there, and then go back again.

Oh and if you didn't bring your firearms' serial numbers you just submit the paperwork sans firearms and have to come back with another piece of paper. That poo poo is finalized between me and the carrier anyway so what does it matter?

On the plus side my BN is on block leave and my boss knows he can't touch me since I'm outprocessing.

TL;DR Dumb Army things happened to me too

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Today is my 8-year anniversary of going into the army. Today, I'm a PADI divemaster and starting grad school in the fall after realizing the mistake I made and bailing straight the gently caress out of the army to go live at the beach while going to school :feelsgood:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Today I went to school, drove around with my dogs, then I got super baked and started watching the Simpsons and making a frittata. gently caress you if you're still in SMDFTB

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

Triggs posted:

I saw that at Bragg's soldier processing center

I just got to Bragg this month and if there's ever a concrete representation of the waiting room for hell, it's the Fort Bragg Soldier 'Support' Center. Never have I ever seen so many civilians in one place and yet completely and utterly unable to handle the number of Soldiers they have to deal with.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
That's why you get there at least twenty minutes before opening for any office in there. Good luck finding parking too.

As a side note, I've been at Bragg for 4 years and just realized there's a USO in the soldier center. Its great if you want to grab some coffee or snacks before dealing with the bullshit.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I got a response from the Casualty Assistance Center at Meade. Turns out the LOD investigation is being handled by my wife's unit, the people who are pissed at Big Army telling them "but... but... did she see the suicide prevention powerpoint?"

I'm giving them a call tomorrow to get an update because I need them to finish so my benefits get approved.

Oh, also the CAC is still useless. They told me they were going to check on my travel claim (the one filed in May).

Well, I suppose they did exactly what they said they would. I mean, they never said they'd get back to me, after all.

I will gleefully (metaphorically) destroy that office for being completely and utterly useless.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Are you guys talking about srp or in processing?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Ace of Baes posted:

Are you guys talking about srp or in processing?

Pretty sure they're talking about in-processing with the several story building where dreams die, only to be gloriously reborn as a DD 214

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Weirdly in processing and out processing are at different buildings on carson, they're the same on riley though, and it actually wasn't too bad at either. The only really lovely part about out processing (ETSing) was waiting in a waiting room for 3 hours after the office opened despite showing up 2 1/2 hours before they even opened and waiting outside in line.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Happy to report I've finally found a real use for PT belts: luggage straps.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

psydude posted:

Happy to report I've finally found a real use for PT belts: luggage straps.

Impromptu sex swing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44UtJhQKP78

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Autoerotic asphyxiation - google it!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Ever since I started wearing my PT belt thong on a daily basis, I haven't had to worry about being accosted by fat chicks on roller blades!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Naked Bear posted:

Ever since I started wearing my PT belt thong on a daily basis, I haven't had to worry about being accosted by fat chicks on roller blades!

What's wrong with fat chicks on roller blades?

The stupid id card system is still offline. I went in first thing this morning and watched them tell over a hundred of us we had to leave until an unknown time that it may be fixed.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

spacetoaster posted:

What's wrong with fat chicks on roller blades?

The stupid id card system is still offline. I went in first thing this morning and watched them tell over a hundred of us we had to leave until an unknown time that it may be fixed.

On the one hand, I feel kinda bad for all the people this effects. On the other hand, I love there's absolutely no back up plan for this, anywhere.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Suntan Boy posted:

On the one hand, I feel kinda bad for all the people this effects. On the other hand, I love there's absolutely no back up plan for this, anywhere.

It's the dumbest thing ever. You can still sign things by hand, but that's difficult now when everyone is all over the globe.

In every FTX, or any training event, I've been involved in they shut off all the power/computers at some point so that we learn to operate without all that crap. But for real life garrison work? Naw. If the network breaks everyone might as well just go home.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

spacetoaster posted:

Army Thread - might as well just go home.

New title. Supposed to final out today guys. Just waiting in the parking lot till 1330

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

spacetoaster posted:

real life garrison work

These are words that I absolutely refuse to accept the validity of in that arrangement.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Soulex posted:

New title. Supposed to final out today guys. Just waiting in the parking lot till 1330

Do donuts and then burnout as you leave gate 1.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

Do donuts and then burnout as you leave gate 1.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Nope! So get this weird poo poo. I spend all day at finance getting poo poo fixed. They lost my original worksheet from the brief so I had to go to the old office and get a signature fro, the captain who hated my guts. Get back, go to the brief again, and get ready to smell the sweet DD214 air when they say "you owe 2 and a half days leave."

Apparently big Army thought the right thing to do was to take out the leave which I had taken in the beginning of April out a whole week after I had submitted, and received complete my DA31 for PTDY and leave. Naturally I didn't have this information at first so I was doing math and arguing politely how it doesn't make sense. So yeah, they took leave out like right before my ETS from months ago.

So, I have two choices on Monday. On Monday, I can go try to get another leave form signed off with the adjusted dates and times that will be reflective of my now "correct" status. Or I can bring a leave form that I had previously tried to submit for being charged wrongfully for paternity leave and was essentially shuttled between different entities for 5 months before eventually being told I need to give it up, and matching memo, to the Finance people and not only clear that day, final out that day, etc. BUT since the 10 days I was wrongfully charged only fill the 2.5 day needed gap, that leaves excess of 7.5 days of leave being sold back to the Army on top of my terminal leave.

loving awesome. That and my travel pay from JBLM to San Diego is gonna be like 2400 bucks if not more.

The buyers for my house backed out, so that sucks, but it's still new on the market.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
:dong:

Soxorz
Aug 15, 2002
I sleep with the fishes
I'm "deploying" to Europe. Can anyone think of anything I should buy before I leave the U.S?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

is it Anakonda?

http://www.eur.army.mil/anakonda/

if so i got a friend there if you want me to ask about it

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Soxorz posted:

I'm "deploying" to Europe. Can anyone think of anything I should buy before I leave the U.S?

Depends where you're going and for how long. I'm headed to europe soon and I'm taking my e-reader full of recommended books and a mountain of civilian clothes.

Soulex posted:

the captain who hated my guts.

If it makes you feel any better I typed up a letter of resignation for a mean captain, and after I made him cry in my office (with my cruel truth bombs) I slid it across the desk to him and told him to either sign it or prepare to have the toughest 6-8 months of his life and be kicked out.

He signed it.

Soxorz
Aug 15, 2002
I sleep with the fishes
Basing out of Germany, 9 months.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I have a couple friends on one of those rotations. 2300 curfew every night and a 2 beer limit. Weekends are even stricter. Apparently stupid people ruined it for everyone else on previous rotations.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

Depends where you're going and for how long. I'm headed to europe soon and I'm taking my e-reader full of recommended books and a mountain of civilian clothes.

If it makes you feel any better I typed up a letter of resignation for a mean captain, and after I made him cry in my office (with my cruel truth bombs) I slid it across the desk to him and told him to either sign it or prepare to have the toughest 6-8 months of his life and be kicked out.

He signed it.

Nice. Thank you for your service o7

Soxorz posted:

Where at? Vilseck/Grafenwoehr? Hohenfels?

So if you get a 4 day pass, head to Garmisch. There is an Amwrican hotel there which is great because it's cheaper than German ones. And they do yours and stuff so that you can sight see places like Hitler's hideout, Zugspitze (ski/snowboard too) and other poo poo. Really good place to chill.

They also have sommelroderhopf or like summer sleds which are like mini roller coasters and fun as hell.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mustang posted:

I have a couple friends on one of those rotations. 2300 curfew every night and a 2 beer limit. Weekends are even stricter. Apparently stupid people ruined it for everyone else on previous rotations.

military.txt

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Apparently some MP unit at Bragg is on some bonered up lock down because of something missing that wasn't or some poo poo. Have been since July 4.

Someone should put the retention NCO on suicide watch.

benem
Feb 15, 2012

Soxorz posted:

Basing out of Germany, 9 months.

You'll likely be living in the run-down Camp Aachen barracks behind Graf main post. There's Internet at the MWR/USO, but it's too slow to download anything once you get here.
Stock up on your movies/TV shows before hand.

Mustang posted:

Not necessarily, that's just a 1/3ID policy. Incoming units might be less re- hahahahaha no nevermind, you know it's gonna be mega lame.

benem fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jul 10, 2016

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

benem posted:

You'll likely be living in the run-down Camp Aachen barracks behind Graf main post. There's Internet at the MWR/USO, but it's too slow to download anything once you get here.
Stock up on your movies/TV shows before hand.

Not necessarily, that's just a 1/3ID policy. Incoming units might be less re- hahahahaha no nevermind, you know it's gonna be mega lame.
If this is the case...

Don't try Mexican food while there. You will be disappointed. There are lots of Greek restaurants. Eat Doner from street vendors.

Weiss beer - sweeter
Dunkel beer - darker
Hellas - the best beer
Von Faß - draft beer
Radler - Hellas and Sprite
Colaweizen- Coca Cola and Hefeweizen

Check out these two places to eat. Both in Vilseck.

Gastohpf Hammer, Gastohpf Rooster. I think it's the Rooster anyway. Gastohpf is like a bar/restaurant/inn. Really cool places to eat for good German food.

Yes you can tip, just like the little bit though like giving them 10 Euro for 9.2 Euro bill.

You can drink at 16 I think for beer, so be careful at Kirwas/fests/etc. also, don't steal the steins. You can buy them if you ask the vendor. Get a receipt because carrying a stash of cups has gotten me stopped more than once returning to my car/bus.

There is no PX on rose barracks/Vilseck
Almost nothing is there.

My statement of Garmisch stands true and firm. Make it a point to visit there. You will not be disappointed, I promise.

There is a train station in Freiberg or the city between Vilseck and Gradenwoehr. They will all go to Nurnberg and from there, anywhere. There are little kiosks that will buy train tickets for you at the stops. Buy a ticket, you will be fined a lot of money and kicked off if you are caught (they check like every train that goes to and from Nurnberg.)

Soulex fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jul 10, 2016

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Guys.

I hold in my hands my DD214.

My paternity leave will almost all be paid for as surplus to the Army so I'll get some cash too.

It was rough but holy gently caress I am here

I am a (for the most part) civilian...

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Congrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE