Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Litany Unheard posted:

You imply it was ever anything but.

tough, but fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Mr Hootington posted:

Boy everyone's face will be red after the Republicans insist on a perjury investigation and a congressional inquiry and they find nothing.

Well, then they'll just have to launch an investigation into whether she perjured herself during the perjury hearing, and so forth

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Trabisnikof posted:

Imagine if Obama had made an angry and impassioned anti-police speech today, this would be personally blamed on him.

Oh it's gonna be blamed on him regardless.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

some news is saying female shooter. as always, grain of salt..

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Man if this turns out to be a black guy get ready to kiss goodbye all of the progress that's been made regarding police brutality in the public consciousness.

It's ok, buddy. Just wait another twelve hours.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Please be a white militia nut trying to start a race war.

Please.

This is a weird and gross comment.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Please.

Seconded.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Please.

It makes me really sad that we have to hope for this so that we don't lose a bunch of social progress.

Seriously if it's a black guy or a Muslim goodbye reasonable political discussion for the next month.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mike the TV posted:

Given the context of everything happening it really isn't.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Mike the TV posted:

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
The gross part is it can be made in the first place.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

It would be objectively preferable if the shooter turns out to be a white militiaman rather than any type of minority.

TheLoquid
Nov 5, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

Well, then they'll just have to launch an investigation into whether she perjured herself during the perjury hearing, and so forth

It's investigations all the way down

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It would be objectively preferable if the shooter turns out to be a white militiaman rather than any type of minority.

This isn't the harbinger of anything good. I can't think of a group the shooter or shooters could belong to that wouldn't increase tensions.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I can't wait to determine whether the present unleashed violence will 1) ratify my ideological assumptions or 2) ratify the assumptions of my political opponents.

That footage looks very frightening and I hope no goons have loved ones in harm's way.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mike the TV posted:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If we're going with best/worst case scenarios you may as well give the shooter a Trump hat

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

SedanChair posted:

This isn't the harbinger of anything good. I can't think of a group the shooter or shooters could belong to that wouldn't increase tensions.

What if the shooter is a COP

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Now the feed is saying police officers on the scene told a photographer that they're in negotiations with the second suspect.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SedanChair posted:

I mean, the ideal outcome would be there not being a shooter at all, but since we've missed that boat I'd like to at least hope for the outcome least likely to result in horrible oppressive racist crackdowns.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I would prefer people didn't shoot eachother, and plan to avoid projecting my political opinions on the motivations of the shooter. I've been dumb doing that too many times. Stay safe protesters and cops

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Please.

Seems like the more likely thing at the moment, but crazy assholes come in all shapes and sizes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd rather the news cycle be trying to say how he was a lone nut and didn't represent all gun owners/Trump Voters/Rush listeners/etc than hearing "See this is why we need to deport all the Latinos/Muslims/Black people".

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Now the feed is saying police officers on the scene told a photographer that they're in negotiations with the second suspect.
Oh cool so he is white.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

I will attempt to redirect what I'm sure would be an otherwise fruitful discussion and say something we can all hopefully agree with:

I hope we can get through this with no one else getting hurt. :smith:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Well it sounds like it's over. No reporter has said this but thats the vibe I'm getting

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

The Glumslinger posted:

I would prefer people didn't shoot eachother, and plan to avoid projecting my political opinions on the motivations of the shooter. I've been dumb doing that too many times. Stay safe protesters and cops

Yeah. Imagine what those protesters must be thinking right now.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I'd rather the news cycle be trying to say how he was a lone nut and didn't represent all gun owners/Trump Voters/Rush listeners/etc than hearing "See this is why we need to deport all the Latinos/Muslims/Black people".

B b b but that's mean they are just as bad as one another! :cry:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

"Ok, one more cop, but you have to swear it's the last one"

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

The Glumslinger posted:

Yeah it would be great if we were all happy little elves but in this world I'd prefer that the shooter was a "lone nut" rather than a "representative of his race" okay?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

greatn posted:

If it is a white guy it would be hilarious if he's taken in alive.

https://twitter.com/jennyafox4/status/751242100159582208

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Senate just adopted the Stabenow-Roberts GMO labelling bill, which will require companies to disclose GM ingredients in their foods, using either text, a symbol, or a QR code customers can scan to learn more about the ingredients of the product.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Lemming posted:

"Ok, one more cop, but you have to swear it's the last one"

they were no angles though

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

blue squares posted:

Well it sounds like it's over. No reporter has said this but thats the vibe I'm getting

Officers are still moving crouched behind cars to stay out of line of sight, so I'm gonna say it's probably not over, just in a standoff.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Joementum posted:

The Senate just adopted the Stabenow-Roberts GMO labelling bill, which will require companies to disclose GM ingredients in their foods, using either text, a symbol, or a QR code customers can scan to learn more about the ingredients of the product.

What's the VT law?

Mexican Radio
Jan 5, 2007

mombo with your jombo?

Jesus christ the comments.

Facebook idiot posted:

Wake up America common sense this is what the loving liberals want they want fucktards to riot and loot in multiple states creating martial law meaning no election.

Right, common sense.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Cool they arrested two people. That has to be it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Does anybody actually scan QR codes?

Mexican Radio posted:

Jesus christ the comments.

Right, common sense.

Don't check the Twitter posts from earlier if that extremely lukewarm take bothered you, is my advice

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Joementum posted:

Greens are furious because this bill doesn't require disclosure if genetic material is not included. So vegetable oil made from GM ingredients need not be disclosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

zoux posted:

What's the VT law?

full disclose on the packaging. bernie and leahy voted against this because they know nobody's going to bother scanning an unlabelled QR code.

• Locked thread