Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

TheKingofSprings posted:

That's not a nice watch at all

Now that I see it up close, his watch looks like crap.

But you don't have to worry about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Johnny Joestar posted:

anyways, this is my thesis on 'why joseph is a weak nerd compared to jolyne and johnny', and,
Joseph never did sick motorcycle tricks to avoid hitting a baby, Joseph never lit himself on fire while there was blood in his urine, Joseph never killed the President.

Joseph is a waste.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Joseph only has two testicles.

E: Jojos ranked according to number of testicles

Josuke 8 > Jonathan = Joseph = Jotaro = Josuke 4 = Giorno = Johnny > Jolyne

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

joseph doesn't want to work hard enough to have 4 testicles, which is shameful

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Joseph might only have 2 testicles but he has 4 balls.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Six, technically.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Gyro has more balls than any of them.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Gyro does a have a lot and I'm glad he shared them with Johnny. Gyro also has a belt buckle that's two fingers pointing down at his crotch and that's cool

Also for being Joseph's signature weapon, I honestly can't think of a time he used his clackers outside of hitting Wammu in the head once and that took three pairs of em! Did he use them against Esidisi or was that fight really just "i did a rope trick" for three chapters?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Baal posted:

Remember when Johnny killed multiple people in cold blood and was like "Yeah, that happened." Right after he got his stand.

It's the old west! Johnny was hardened by his grim and gritty life as... a famous jockey?

One of my incredibly numerous favorite things about part 7 is how the fight with Ringo emphasizes that Johnny is a stone cold motherfucker who is not afraid to do what has to be done. And the inability to be like that is both Gyro's failing and his most humanizing feature. Johnny has Dark Determination because he's lost everything and his only hope for redemption is continuing the race, and the only way to do that is to kill Ringo. Whereas the very compassion that is motivating Gyro to be in the race at all is what prevents him from doing the same thing.

SBR is pretty well-written!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

That actually ties into one of the other things about SBR I really like, how the "Mentor" mantle passes back and forth between Johnny and Gyro at different points in the story.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
How many innocent random people died due to them attacking D4C Love Train and failing

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Baal posted:

Remember when Johnny killed multiple people in cold blood and was like "Yeah, that happened." Right after he got his stand.

Remember when Jolyne started ripping out a guy's eardrums and flaying him alive with string?

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

How many innocent random people died due to them attacking D4C Love Train and failing

It's hilarious how Love Train is basically American Exceptionalism: The Stand

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think the deathcount starts going up beginning with part 5, really

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Baal posted:

The dude after her is more hardcore
(Johnny is more hardcore than Jolyne from the anime thread)

I'm pretty on board with this.
Jolyne is hard as gently caress and never says die, but Johnny will straight up kill a fool who crosses him and has balls for days.
Josuke the sequel's a hard motherfucker too though and his somewhat jovial and laid back nature amplifies it when he has to do what he has to do.

The Damo kill is easy up there for the most brutal kill in JoJo.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rohan your face is uh...

Some of the Tonio staff on this one again.
http://jojo-animation.com/story/15.html

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I love that they're playing up Rohan as some super maniacal evil guy when really he's just easily irritable and maybe a tiny bit of a sociopath.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

unfortunately for rohan, in the world of jojo's bizarre adventure there can be a mighty fine line between 'maniacal evil person' and 'extreme shitbird'

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fortunately for Rohan, he's no where near that line on either spectrum. He is an arrogant good boy.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cerebral Bore posted:

Remember when Jolyne started ripping out a guy's eardrums and flaying him alive with string?

No, because it probably looked like poo poo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it is entirely possible to be both a shitbird and a good boy. rohan lives a dual life of being a reluctant hero and having his house burn down over a dice game.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Baal posted:

No, because it probably looked like poo poo

It was slightly before she gave the following advice:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okay so yeah literally one of Part 6's most forgettable fights

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
How is Planet Waves forgettable

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Not even Crazy Diamond can fix Baal's 「shit taste in everything 」.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

tiistai posted:

How is Planet Waves forgettable

I actually recalled that being from Dragon's Dream, if so then my mistake because I actually like Planet Waves and it was genuinely one of the cooler Part 6 fights.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Not even Crazy Diamond can fix Baal's 「shit taste in everything 」.

gently caress off

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/medicos_et/status/751315442296246277

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Diamonds on the crotch plate sure is something

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Baal posted:

The Diamonds on the crotch plate sure is something

check out the stones on him

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Baal posted:

I actually recalled that being from Dragon's Dream, if so then my mistake because I actually like Planet Waves and it was genuinely one of the cooler Part 6 fights.

Can confirm that Dragon's Dream is poo poo and Planet Waves is incredibly awesome

I genuinely love Part 6, especially the insane ending in all its convoluted glory, but I gotta say it feels the most incoherent of all JoJo arcs...
But then again, I'm morally abhorrent because I consider The World Dio in Part 7 one of the best fights in the entire series

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's not a lot of fights that use fan girls as shields, it's a pretty fuckin good fight

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
That new OP, I'm so loving hyped for Kira holy poo poo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://a.pomf.cat/gfryco.mp4

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
That looks like an OP for a completely different series and I love it

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Flashback man.

Literally silent, the words come up on screen. He's truly an anonymous benefactor. Best way to show it!

Rohan being owned was loving amazing.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jul 8, 2016

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Cool, only one episode for Ratt?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yep

https://twitter.com/kagayakiru/status/751444940606103553

hq op

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
it is rude as hell how teasing DavidPro is getting with showing Kira, y'all are killing me here

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Fuuuck every shot of kira in that op is hype as gently caress, the killer queen eyes at the end, the skulls and the explosions, even cutting his fingernails and the shots with papa yoshikage, i'm even excited for echoes 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I need Kira in my life.