Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grahf987
May 11, 2009
All this was going on while I watched The Purge: Election Day at the theater. Seems fitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Does Fox News now just straight show murders

I mean, I assume yes now, it's the future and murders are all okay to show right

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Microwaves Mom posted:

:eyepop:
:popcorn:

I wonder if ISIS will claim ties.

Are you kidding me ISIS would claim ties to the stench of my roommate's wicked nasty diarrhea that lingered in the bathroom last week if they could

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Tardcore posted:

Wait I thought only cops died?

There were the two black dudes killed before hand, one of whom was very definitely just an innocent guy and the other may have been kind of a shady dude but not the type who needs killing. More the type you buy speakers from in a parking lot.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Fanatic posted:

Full footage here: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=efa_1467954353 :nms: :nws:

News guy talking over the clip thinks that the cop may have thought the guy who killed him was a plain clothes police officer, which was why he didn't initially shoot him despite flanking him.

Nah, guy looks black Cop would have shot him if he had seen him.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

zooted heh posted:

haha yeah man its not like it's a comedy website or anything.

Yeah man what a great piece of comedy he just dropped in that post, a real gem for the goldmine :masterstroke:

haha yeah

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

zooted heh posted:

haha yeah man its not like it's a comedy website or anything.

That'd be great if the people who post endlessly about how badly cops biting it gives them a boner weren't being serious

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

bloodychill posted:

There were the two black dudes killed before hand, one of whom was very definitely just an innocent guy and the other may have been kind of a shady dude but not the type who needs killing. More the type you buy speakers from in a parking lot.

IDK i think violent abusive pedophiles are worthy of death.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Teikanmi posted:

Yes what is sad at all about innocent people dying, nothing at all says this goony gently caress

Statistically they were all good cops, sure. And while the news is objectively sad, I've personally had 2 friends (one close, one not as much) murdered by police, and have to wake up nearly every day to news of a cop killing another person in shady circumstances and getting away with it. So I'm not exactly crying over here.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
This thread has made me want pie and bacon.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Microwaves Mom posted:

pls dont advocate murdering police officers

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
Lol yeah man my dick is like a red rocket right now for cop death on the comedy website something awful fourm general bullshit

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Lassitude posted:

You never cross your feet when moving around in urban warfare stuff like that. That's what creates the "pie slices", the deliberate foot-to-foot strafing rather than a continuous sideways walking you might do if you were untrained.

I saw the vid that fella got distract-shotted and circle-strafed

DSCS special, is what we called it

in 'nam.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

zooted heh posted:

Lol yeah man my dick is like a red rocket right now for cop death on the comedy website something awful fourm general bullshit

You can start being funny any time, buddy, nobody is stopping you :)

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Microwaves Mom posted:

The fifth and fourteenth amendments don't give a poo poo what you think.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

rear end cobra posted:

This guy gets it

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

rear end cobra posted:

lol

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
dnd is like 3 sub forms down

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Microwaves Mom posted:

I think a lot of people are worthy of death, but the real issue is who should be given the authority to serve that sentence and how they are allowed to serve it, LOL.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i am against the shooting of the cops

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Microwaves Mom posted:

Maybe a trial might have been the better way to go. Because we're Americans and apparently supposed to at least pretend to be civilized and assume innocence until guilt proven.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Wikkheiser posted:

i am against the shooting of the cops

Um non cops also get shot #alllivesmatter

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Well I am in favor of shooting cops, so our votes cancel out 😂

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Millennial Sexlord posted:

Statistically they were all good cops, sure. And while the news is objectively sad, I've personally had 2 friends (one close, one not as much) murdered by police, and have to wake up nearly every day to news of a cop killing another person in shady circumstances and getting away with it. So I'm not exactly crying over here.
i think the nature of the uniform, like the military, also depersonalizes it to an extent.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

can you imagine a world without cops?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2VxpTMAbas

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I have this genuine fear that no one will want to be black people anymore. I mean think about how much it sucks to be a black person now.

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures
I know I'm supposed to like it when the cops get killed for a change... well, not LIKE it because I deplore all violence, maybe accept it more because they're in the line of duty for a violent job. but there's something a lot more unsettling about it than I thought. Like I'd be less shaken up if they were innocent people who all got shot at a traffic stop. Must be something from my childhood programming still that says "this isn't supposed to happen."

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Wikkheiser posted:

i think the nature of the uniform, like the military, also depersonalizes it to an extent.

Yeah just like black skin right lol haha

But yeah youre probly right. Like, if you hit your dog a bunch it'll start biting anything that resembles you (aka a human). These people are lashing out at "The Police".

Bubble Bobby
Jan 28, 2005

lol 100 people agreed with that guy

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Um non cops also get shot #alllivesmatter
I had the exact same exchange when I re-watched Heat with a friend a few months ago. Specifically it was during the big gunfight scene.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

All the good guys with guns will protect us, LOL.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Yeah just like black skin right lol haha

But yeah youre probly right. Like, if you hit your dog a bunch it'll start biting anything that resembles you (aka a human). These people are lashing out at "The Police".

They had a whole song asking people not to stand so close to them, and look at what they got.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Authority figures getting killed is legitimately unnerving. It makes the world feel more chaotic.

And yeah, no one should be killed and I unironically agree with earlier statements about unilateral disarmament of non-military Americans because people don't need guns and if they don't, neither do police.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
i kinda don't want anymore people to die, cops or black people or white people or gremlins. i'm not a fan of may flies or stink bugs so maybe those would be okay, especially the stink bugs, but please not the humans thanks!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

All the good guys with guns will protect us, LOL.

Yeah or get blamed for the entire thing and have their faces plastered on national television

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

bloodychill posted:

Authority figures getting killed is legitimately unnerving. It makes the world feel more chaotic.

"This isn't supposed to happen! Only POOR people and COLORED FOLK are supposed to get killed!"

Edit: ew double post sorry

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

rear end cobra posted:

:vince:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
most people that get shot arent by cops just so you know

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i wonder if not shooting innocent blacks and poors would be a good way to stop people shooting cops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fastidious Toes
Apr 10, 2009

so much blood....
Queue Obama. 3,2,1

• Locked thread