Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

So Niki was lying?:)
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/jul/06/niki-lauda-lewis-hamilton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

It's a shame that even ol' melty face is subject to muzzling attempts by Mercedes PR team. I hoped he'd be more willing to tell them to go gently caress themselves.

El Hefe posted:

I learned with a 1999 Corsa and I swear that lil fucker had the hardest clutch in the history of clutches, I had to stand on it to shift.

I learned on a 1984 RX-7, but I think learning to drive stick on a rotary is cheating.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Come back to McLaren Lewis, we love you. Ron is way less strict now, he even lets Alonso drive unshaven. Also you won't have to do PR events anymore because they have no sponsors.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

poty posted:

Come back to McLaren Lewis, we love you. Ron is way less strict now, he even lets Alonso drive unshaven. Also you won't have to do PR events anymore because they have no sponsors.

alonso was at a sponsor event loving today

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

wicka posted:

alonso was at a sponsor event loving today

I'm not ashamed to say that I would go to that event

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Goetta posted:

I'm not ashamed to say that I would go to that event

Same

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I wonder what's going on in the new...http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclaren-s-radical-rear-wing-to-reappear-at-silverstone-test-796461/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkJehlr1tEw

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Good things do come to those that wait.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/f1/10495010/johnny-takes-a-tumble

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

lol

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
I enjoyed that.

Also - Kvyat making himself useful for once.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
This might be the single best thing ever

https://youtu.be/xDk7qa88kBg

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

GramCracker posted:

This might be the single best thing ever

https://youtu.be/xDk7qa88kBg

This is fantastic

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Christ it's a Lewis Hamilton wank fest on Sky, the practice hasn't even started yet.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

wuffles posted:

I'm not sure how enthusiastic he really was about it, even in the beginning. We were in Austin for the race in 2012, which was about a month after they announced Hamilton moving to Mercedes, and ran into both of them separately at the same restaurant the night before qualifying.

Hamilton seemed p. chill then, actually, and was like "woah, you guys recognized me?" when we walked past him at the valet. He did a quick photo op, and then went inside. Not 30 seconds later, while waiting for our car, my wife goes "holy poo poo there's Nico Rosberg". So we walked over to say hello to him, took a quick photo, and told him that we just saw his future teammate head into the restaurant. To which he responds "Really? Are you sure? Oh. Hmmm." and had this look come across his face like if you asked your friend to go to the bar and hang out and they told you they didn't feel like it and were just going to stay home and then you went to the bar anyway and saw them there having a good time without you. Then he made a phone call and someone came and picked him up and they left without even going inside.

At the time all of us were thinking it was a really weird reaction but it kinda makes a lot more sense these days. We've seen Hamilton there every year since (who now acts like the douche you would expect to meet), and a bunch of the Mercedes guys like Niki Lauda and Toto Wolff, but never Nico. Of course its not the reality of the situation, but the wife and I like to imagine that evening was the catalyst of their souring relationship.

I like this story, it's shouldn't be lost to the sands of time the bottom of the last page

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
loving Ferrari.

Just re-signed Kimi.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
Morning lads. Hope you beautiful people are all well <3.

Ferrari are testing a Halo, I'm testing a new device in my TV (amazon firestick streaming) :D FP1 is a big one for me, hopefully this is watchable.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
If it rains it will be interesting, if somone bins it it will be interesting. Welcome to Silverstone.

If it rains where I am it will be 20 mins before it hits Silverstone. It is not about to rain here.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Let's hope it's just a work in progress. Looks so ugly.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Ant just called out crofty and all the "fans" on twitter over safety and the halo.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Ted tried to argue against the halo saying that drivers took longer to get out "you struggle to get out of the bathtub Ted" Ant rules.

this is amazing, crofty is throwing strawmans at him about how you don't need the halo because of the driver radio ban "what was that I'm sorry I was watching the lap"

edit: Ant is still getting it all off his chest with his thoughtful well argued points about safety. Crofty went to pat symonds to avoid responding.

lol Pat Symonds failed to agree with crofty as well.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jul 8, 2016

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

learnincurve posted:

loving Ferrari.

Just re-signed Kimi.

I just don't get it. He's clearly got some wonderful dirt on Ferrari management that he threatens to blackmail them with. The same way Trulli and Ralf managed to stay in F1 for 30 years.

Still, I'd rather see Kimi in a Ferrari than that grinning spastic Rickydickydipdop

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

learnincurve posted:

loving Ferrari.

Just re-signed Kimi.

Holy gently caress. Needed that laugh thanks Ferrari.

They are seriously loving incompetent.

edit: On second thought, I guess they may have been looking at Rosberg for Kimi's seat but after last weekend, not even they are that stupid to hire the dumb gently caress.

ukle fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jul 8, 2016

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
Another dominant weekend for merc? just what F1 needs.

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

open letter to FIA: please please use the red bull visor thing instead of this piece of black pudding poo poo

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
alright, I'll say it, I dont completely hate the Ferrari halo, Make it carbon fibre plated with cool stripes and poo poo, I might even like it.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
If they used the cool haas driver eye view camera it would look much better, or they could put the camera in the halo.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
That was nice interview from Jense.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Jenson is hinting that he's going to Williams or he's going to quit.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

learnincurve posted:

Jenson is hinting that he's going to Williams or he's going to quit.

Isn't the rumour that he has been offered a seat for next year then moves into the Williams management? Would be a very good move for both parties assuming he is going to be managing the clusterfuck that is Williams pit strategies.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
More of that on the shoulder camera thanks Sky.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
LOL Ant is still hurting about Le mans.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

crofty is throwing strawmans at him about how you don't need the halo because of the driver radio ban

i need to hear more about this point

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

wicka posted:

i need to hear more about this point

Oh it's a good one. In crofty and ted's heads If the FIA cared about driver safety then they would allow radio communication because of what happened with Rosberg ad Perez's breaks last race, and as they clearly don't then why should we have the halo.

The clouds over my house are looking ominous.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

itsjustdrew posted:

alright, I'll say it, I dont completely hate the Ferrari halo, Make it carbon fibre plated with cool stripes and poo poo, I might even like it.

The carbon fiber plating is the problem. Makes it look like poo poo. If it were gleaming red, or even had any sort of smooth texture to it, it'd blend in with the car just fine.
Right now it's just an eyesore.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Oh it's a good one. In crofty and ted's heads If the FIA cared about driver safety then they would allow radio communication because of what happened with Rosberg ad Perez's breaks last race, and as they clearly don't then why should we have the halo.

The clouds over my house are looking ominous.

what horribly broken men

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

ukle posted:

Isn't the rumour that he has been offered a seat for next year then moves into the Williams management? Would be a very good move for both parties assuming he is going to be managing the clusterfuck that is Williams pit strategies.

The Jenson and Smedley show :xd:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Helicon One posted:

The Jenson and Smedley show :xd:

Would watch

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

td4guy posted:

The carbon fiber plating is the problem. Makes it look like poo poo. If it were gleaming red, or even had any sort of smooth texture to it, it'd blend in with the car just fine.
Right now it's just an eyesore.

Or hey, since Crofty is poo poo at telling the drivers apart, maybe we can have a black (used to be Red for Driver #1) or bright yellow version for driver one and two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
Side note, Jaime Alguersuari is a very attractive man with very pretty eyes. Stupid sexy Spaniards.

• Locked thread