Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Clitch posted:

Fat, divorced man makes attempt to become attractive!

Fat divorced man winds up in traction, instead!

Comedy!

Even that character's wins, like his attractive girlfriend, wind up getting sidelined. Actually one of the things that really irritates me about this comic is that the characters grow in these 3-4 strip spasms. Then these life changes get ignored for six months of fat troll and the cat, before returning to a completely different character who's barely changed after their last brief jerk session of an excuse for growth.

The two kids who had an on again/off again relationship got married. You missed it, if you didn't read the two whole strips dedicated to it. Are they adjusting well to married life? Who the gently caress knows?!

Kurtz can't do a gag a day strip, because he's not that consistently funny, and he makes no effort at a strip that used to be character-driven. gently caress'im.

To a point i agree. The comic is still decent but its high points were definitely when they were focusing on the character interactions ala Max Powers and more recently the manager boss lady. The fued they had going on really made it interesting and the relationship between Jade and Brent can be great. Except he doesnt focus on fleshing it out anymore which is too bad, when he did, it was great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Karate Bastard posted:

On a related note, I remember googling for a program that'd let me conveniently browse zipped folders of jpegs, with good zoom and pan capabilities, for reading comics. I found the "P3D0 file viewer", which claimed to be able to do just this. It did this really well. I uninstalled it.

CDisplay is pretty good for this.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Zipped jpg files are actually how comics got passed around, so look for a cbr/cbz reader (cbz is zipped, cbr is rarred)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Yup, many cbr/cbz readers are available that are not ironically? named pedo.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

What the gently caress

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Tiny Lowtax posted:

What the gently caress

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

u've gonr 2 far

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

prahanormal posted:

u've gonr 2 far

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

I think this is the Joker's backstory.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
My daddy was... a cartoonist... and silly.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Reposting from Brexit thread:

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Late Night Christmas in July!

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

Gann Jerrod posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJj_NMhYwf0

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

davidspackage posted:

My daddy was... a cartoonist... and silly.

I knew that guy and used to live near him/was friends with him.

Things, including his art, got weird when he found Jesus.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
You knew the Joker's dad?

HBomb
Sep 26, 2004

All aboard.

Gann Jerrod posted:

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Ferrule posted:

I knew that guy and used to live near him/was friends with him.

Things, including his art, got weird when he found Jesus.

"Repent and be digitized," says Christian Robot to a slacker dude.

"Don't you mean, '...be baptized?'" asks the slacker dude, who has heard his share of evangelism in between playing video games.

"Yes," says Christian Robot, "Sorry, I was multitasking."

In the original sketch for this comic was called "Saint Robot." But my daughter liked the current name better, as do I.

Every day is go skate day with Christian Robot. He's a multimedia spiritual worker on wheels.

Christian Robot's head may look like a Pop-Tart, but actually it is a flat panel computer screen that can show a variety of media, including the full text of the Bible, as well as movies like "The Passion," "Veggie Tales" and even the greatest spiritual movie of all time: "Nacho Libre."

Of all the search engines, only Christian Robot is the one robot engine searching for souls that want to know God. Not even Google or yahoo can say that.

Ink drawing on 3.5" x 4.5" paper by Joe Chiappetta 2007. Colored by Denise Chiappetta

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
What disorder does silly daddy have? Why is he allowed custody?

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Mustached5thGrader posted:

What disorder does silly daddy have? Why is he allowed custody?

This remains one of my favorites among all the one-panel comics I have done.

Our family was sitting outside enjoying another pleasant valley Sunday afternoon. Anna was practicing going up and down stairs while Luke was playing with his red Radio Flyer wagon. The kids were having a good time, especially when Luke filled up the wagon with water and they splashed around in it with their hands and head.

My wife Denise however, was a bit sick, and said, "I'm getting some water."

"Can you wait?" I asked her. "I just started drawing you."

Denise replied, "I'll probably die, but okay."

If you ever meet my wife, she will tell you with a chuckle, "I actually said that." This is one of my favorite comics of my wife. It captures some of her melancholy wit.

I did this comic drawn with Faber-Castell pens (which look more like markers). Their technical name is PITT artist pen (but I think you can use them even if you are not an artist). They really are great pens. If you like using a brush to get a thick and thin line based on how much pressure you use, these are for you. They are a bit pricey, but what artist color art supplies are cheep? I found their set of 48 pens at Utrecht Art Supplies store in Chicago, and they were way cheaper compared to the Faber website. You've probably heard of the German company Faber-Castell and even used at least one of their products. They are the world's major manufacturer of wood-cased pencils, producing over 1800 million blacklead and color pencils a year. That's enough to give every person in the Chicago metropolitan area two hundred pencils each.

Colored ink pens on paper 3.5" x 4.5" by Joe Chiappetta 2007

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
I did this comic drawn

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Homer once gave Bart money because he said he would start smoking and then quit so the canonicity of this strip is dubious at best

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

UGH obviously the monster would take the surname of its creator/father, therefore calling it 'sushi' is perfectly cromulent. Furthermore,

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

JaggerMcDagger posted:

"Don't you mean, '...be baptized?'" asks the slacker dude, who has heard his share of evangelism in between playing video games.

In the original sketch for this comic was called "Saint Robot." But my daughter liked the current name better, as do I.

Every day is go skate day with Christian Robot. He's a multimedia spiritual worker on wheels.

Christian Robot's head may look like a Pop-Tart, but actually it is a flat panel computer screen that can show a variety of media, including the full text of the Bible, as well as movies like "The Passion," "Veggie Tales" and even the greatest spiritual movie of all time: "Nacho Libre."

Of all the search engines, only Christian Robot is the one robot engine searching for souls that want to know God. Not even Google or yahoo can say that.

Ink drawing on 3.5" x 4.5" paper by Joe Chiappetta 2007. Colored by Denise Chiappetta

Okay I think I like this guy

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

JaggerMcDagger posted:

this is how you create a Flesh Interface

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

gently caress me, a Penny Arcade I actually laughed at.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

de la peche posted:

gently caress me, a Penny Arcade I actually laughed at.

After this page it's understandable.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

I'm pretty sure that's actually just a digimon.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Nuebot posted:

I'm pretty sure that's actually just a digimon.

Digimon's art has always had kind of a weird 2edgy4u look.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

bewilderment posted:

Digimon's art has always had kind of a weird 2edgy4u look.

More so in the early official art than in the show though. In the art everything is always covered in random stitches, scars and veins for no particular reason. Then it tends to mellow out a bit the newer the designs get.

This is that same digimon. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Nuebot posted:

More so in the early official art than in the show though. In the art everything is always covered in random stitches, scars and veins for no particular reason. Then it tends to mellow out a bit the newer the designs get.

This is that same digimon. :shrug:

He's calmed down a bit then?

• Locked thread