Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Rirse posted:

Didn't GT have some random henchman for scientist who created Baby is said to be stronger then Kid Buu?

I don't think it was even the guy who made baby. Just some random dude was supposedly WAY stronger than Kid Buu despite never showing it.

Hell, Omega Shenron claimed to be able to wipe out the universe, but his demonstrated power level puts him WEAKER THAN DEMON KING PICCOLO

He's throwing around all of these energy blasts and barely doing anything to anything. He shoots the same roller coaster several times in a row and only ever manages to blow up sections of the track.

It's ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Rirse posted:

Didn't GT have some random henchman for scientist who created Baby is said to be stronger then Kid Buu?

If I remember correctly, that random henchman was made of metal, could manipulate metal, and lived on a planet made of metal.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Rirse posted:

Yes. Goku then beats him as a normal super saiyan child.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Rirse posted:

General Rildo was supposed to be, yeah. The one that looks like his name sounds. Of course then Pan kicks the crap outta him meaning... Pan is stronger than Kid Buu? :psyduck:

Goku still has to go Super Saiyan, but then at the end of the arc Goku, Pan, and Trunks beat him in base, with a trio of Kamehamehas. In spite the series establishing that he is LITERALLY THE WHOLE PLANET because of... nanomachines or something. And then he comes back as a Zombie Ghost, fights Gohan a bit, but loses near instantly to Majuub (being the only real victory he has in the entirety of GT).

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
And now all of them are polluting my silly cellphone DBZ game.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Maybe Goku thinks he's as strong in his child form as he was when he was an adult because he's retarded?

Although even then, Goku is still portrayed as a brilliant fighter so you'd think he'd understand how strong he actually is.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Testekill posted:

Maybe Goku thinks he's as strong in his child form as he was when he was an adult because he's retarded?

Although even then, Goku is still portrayed as a brilliant fighter so you'd think he'd understand how strong he actually is.

Maybe he is stronger as a kid? Its not like physical size has anything to do with power in DBZ universe, in fact getting too big makes you slow. If he can keep his full power after being turned into a small candy by Majin Buu, why not when transformed into a kid?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rutibex posted:

Maybe he is stronger as a kid? Its not like physical size has anything to do with power in DBZ universe, in fact getting too big makes you slow. If he can keep his full power after being turned into a small candy by Majin Buu, why not when transformed into a kid?

its a plot point in why he can't go SSJ3. his body is too immature to contain his power. (its why ssj4 forces him back to adult form)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He does goes SS3 as a Kid tho. During the baby fight.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

He does goes SS3 as a Kid tho. During the baby fight.

ya and he goes dang my body can't handle this and gets beat up 10 seconds later and has to play loving board games with a mouse

e: oh then he gets his tail and goes back and gets beat up again cus he's still weaker than his adult form

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He gets beat up because this is dragon ball and escalation is all they know.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

He gets beat up because this is dragon ball and escalation is all they know.

super is doing fine.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Kild posted:

super is doing fine.

GT was dragon balls worst traits amplified so.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kild posted:

super is doing fine.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That was the movie, never brought up again, the villains past that were battles of strategy, not power and even when it was time to go all out against Hit, power still lost against strategy and technique so yeah Super is doing well in that regard.

Even Goku Black, sold by far the biggest threat in Super content to date, is significantly weaker than Goku and is a threat so far because of who or what he is rather than "I'm tougher than you, get training."

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Slightly Absurd posted:

I'd say one reason why GT looks "off" is the color palette. It seems a lot more "muted" or "muddy" than DB/Z/Super

idk I think super looks weird as well

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Testekill posted:

Actually, that could be argued to not be true in GT if you count the Super 17 fight. Goku is an absolute MORON in it, incapable of understanding the whole "Energy attacks make him stronger!" thing for a solid... ten minutes? And even AFTER he notes they aren't working like they should be, starts using more energy attacks. This isn't even really Goku's fighting style either, Goku's always more about hand-to-hand. This is Vegeta-tier tactics. And then there's the fight's ending, where he beats Super 17 with the Dragon Fist... while almost half-dead, in his base state. So base Goku > Super Saiyan 4 Goku, going by GT logic. :psyduck:

Even the Broly movie at least tried to justify Goku winning.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The 100 Quintillion power level thing was just a pun on how 100 quintillion is spelt like "nice guy" in Japanese

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I never thought of Freeza as a Nice Guy but that makes sense honestly.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

He gets angry... Sometimes

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ammat The Ankh posted:

His voice actor had been asked what his power level was, so he replied with the pun

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

I think GT looks 'off' because it looks like a straight-to-home video OVA with the animation budget of one of those cheaply made mecha anime.

Combat Lobster fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jul 9, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
GT looks off because it is cheap trash that no one put any love or care into

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
GT feels like a cash-in to keep the DBZ gravy train going (after Toriyama burnt himself out writing Dragonball for 10 years or whatever). It's not a story that anyone particularly wants to tell, they just sort of have to in order to keep selling advertisements and dolls.

Super feels very different. It feels like a work of passion, like they care about telling a good story first.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Rutibex posted:

GT feels like a cash-in to keep the DBZ gravy train going (after Toriyama burnt himself out writing Dragonball for 10 years or whatever). It's not a story that anyone particularly wants to tell, they just sort of have to in order to keep selling advertisements and dolls.

Super feels very different. It feels like a work of passion, like they care about telling a good story first.

The twenty-year cool-off period between shows probably helped.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rutibex posted:

Stuff like Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken feels like there's more than a few people in the staff that are huge DBZ fans and got to put the ideas they had since watching into it.

Like, contrast with the DBS manga, where whoever wrote it decided "well, Goku is the strongest so it doesn't make sense that he can't beat Hit by going SSB, i'll just add some stuff about raising power levels for escalation" to "yo, wouldn't it be awesome if Goku could predict the moves due to sheer battle expertise?" "yeah but where do we go from there? ...wouldn't it be awesome if Hit went beyond Toriyama's .1 second idea and grew as a fighter not by being stronger but by freezing time even more?" "Wouldn't it own if Goku's power had to grow in order to fight faster than time itself?!" "KAIOKEN! WITH THE SUPER SAIYAN BLUE" Then they all scream about how could that sounds and start writing.

Meanwhile GT is an exercise in fitting episode orders and thus farming ideas that allow for multiple unimportant fights.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

these so called fans couldn't even get the kaioken sound effect right...

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Irony exists.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

These are the things you really need to take away from today's episode.

Also Black fights to fix "the gods' mistake" in creating humans(/mortals? "Ningen"). Future Korin, Future Pilaf, Future Shuu are definitely dead. Future Trunks meets Saiyaman next week.

vvvv God drat it edit didn't save properly.

StrifeHira fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jul 10, 2016

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

C'mon man, tag the spoiler images

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

On today's episode of Dragon Ball Super

Literally this piece of fanart from two years ago.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

dragon ball super is worthless if they don't bring back battlepoint unlimited

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Didn't Black blow up a bunch of other planets beforehand? Does that square with his stated goals?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Stairmaster posted:

dragon ball super is worthless if they don't bring back battlepoint unlimited

We can always listen to it on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMYt9sGOcTU

Pureauthor posted:

Didn't Black blow up a bunch of other planets beforehand? Does that square with his stated goals?

If I'm understanding right, yes. He wants to correct the "mistake" of mortal beings existing, and what better way to correct that than multiversal genocide?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Everyone's tired of Goku's bullshit :allears: Next week looks promising as hell

Also, about Trunk's hair
Next week will have bits on Trunks back when Gohan was alive and they have him with blue hair, so I guess it's just retconned that future trunks has blue hair and they'll sepia the gently caress out of any contradictory footage

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Also, about Trunk's hair

I'm starting to think they don't trust the audience enough to tell Future Trunks apart from Regular Trunks.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Maybe they are differentiating them because they are finally going to age up Goten and Trunks?

I mean of course not, but maybe?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

HitTheTargets posted:

I'm starting to think they don't trust the audience enough to tell Future Trunks apart from Regular Trunks.

Probably. On the other hand the blue hair looks way nicer so it's fine.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

Maybe they are differentiating them because they are finally going to age up Goten and Trunks?

I mean of course not, but maybe?

Give me SSJ Pan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Aurora posted:

Give me SSJ Pan

Even Goku wants Super Saiyan Pan at this point.

• Locked thread