Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
Google servers back up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Has anyone ever got a potion from a stop? I hit up a bunch down the highway from me this morning and just got balls and eggs.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Something for the op. Seen it around facebook

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Petr posted:

Has anyone ever got a potion from a stop? I hit up a bunch down the highway from me this morning and just got balls and eggs.

What level are you? I didn't get potion until like 5 or 6

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Petr posted:

stops dont give potions/revives until level 5

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Petr posted:

Yup. I have like 75 now

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Petr posted:

Yeah I think there's a chance at all items. I got an egg incubator out of one this morning.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

i finally just made another account so i could login with google. :rip: ptc users and my xl overweight eevee :smith:

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
I'm level 5, hit it just before hitting up the stops. Maybe it scales with level.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
I can't even really play the game because it refuses to load into the game on mobile data for some reason (a mobile game might need to use mobile data to load???) and I have to use wi-fi to load in and then go out hunting but if the game crashes (and it will) I am hosed and can't get back in until I locate more wi-fi

what is wrong with this poo poo

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Walked from work to lunch and back. Every time I ran into a Pokemon and I would catch it the game would freeze forcing me to kill and re-open the app. The captured Pokemon would be there so I wasn't losing anything But that was annoying.

Also this poo poo needs Apple Watch support. I don't want to buy that dumb dongle.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Petr posted:

I hit up a bunch down the highway from me this morning and just got balls and eggs.

Me too, brother :pervert:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I can't even really play the game because it refuses to load into the game on mobile data for some reason (a mobile game might need to use mobile data to load???) and I have to use wi-fi to load in and then go out hunting but if the game crashes (and it will) I am hosed and can't get back in until I locate more wi-fi

what is wrong with this poo poo

Ive yet to be able to log in with my restaurants lovely wifi but can constantly use 4g to log in. Maybe its your service provider? Or maybe the mobile service providers near you are themselves getting blown up with traffic.

The Zombie Guy
Oct 25, 2008

I'm very interested to see what the pokestop/gym situation is like when PG is available in Canada. If Ingress is any indication, I should have plenty to do. There's about 40-50 Ingress portals within a 10 minute walk of home, so even if half of those are used in PG, then it should keep me busy.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Why is this not out in the UK yet goddamnit

No I'm too lazy too bother with the apk thing

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lmao

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Can you log in from multiple devices? Fiance's coworkers are trying to take over the flatiron building, can she log into her phone as me and help or does the game get confused if you're in two places at once?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

pokemon z was real all along

also that's an insane amount of pokespots. there's a place 15 minutes away from me with five and that's pretty much it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Server died right as I caught an Eevee. Well, gently caress.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It's the same thing as people fighting over restaurants in Foursquare, it's fun to win things in the "real" world rather than just in the regular Pokémon games. I just wish that you could actually train the Pokémon and do actual fights, but that might be too complicated

At the very least, this game is an amazing proof of concept for a full on AR GPS-based Pokemon game.

Really right now the main problem is Niantic's platform is pretty limited. At the end of the day this game is a reskinned Ingress, but imagine something built from the ground up. Of course, copyright problems might ensure Niantic's involvement.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

The Zombie Guy posted:

I'm very interested to see what the pokestop/gym situation is like when PG is available in Canada. If Ingress is any indication, I should have plenty to do. There's about 40-50 Ingress portals within a 10 minute walk of home, so even if half of those are used in PG, then it should keep me busy.

what the poo poo is a gloryhole maze, how does that work :confused:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
wtf, is the server borked?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

indigi posted:

pretty much constantly

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

indigi posted:

Everyday from about an hour before noon till 9pm

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
I caught an eevee. Is there something special about it? I'm an old man and I don't know what the pokeymans do.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Athanatos posted:

Darn. But that makes sense. I downloaded it in the parking lot at work and have been puttering around all day until about an hour and a half ago. Everything was going great until then.

Unless I'm burning incense, the only pokemon I've seen have been hanging out around fast food joints. wtf is up with that.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Petr posted:

I caught an eevee. Is there something special about it? I'm an old man and I don't know what the pokeymans do.

They evolve into one of three different forms (electric, fire, or water). The game chooses randomly, and apparently the evolved forms are available to catch too.

In the original games it was based on evolution stones, and they added more evolutions with each generation (there are like 7 now), so when they add newer Pokemon they may do that too.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Petr posted:

Eevee is one of the few pokemon (the only pokemon in the game currently) that has branching evolutions. In the regular games, you can evolve Eevee into Jolteon (electric type), Flareon (fire type), and Vaporeon (Water type) using the corresponding evolutionary stone items, but in Go it's just random which one it becomes when you evolve it. Also it's pretty rare.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Petr posted:

idk how it's going to work in this version, but in the main Pokemon games Eevee can evolve into several forms instead of just the one. Originally it was just three - Jolteon, Vaporeon, Flareon. I forget what the two other ones are called that came in gen 3 or 4

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
drat, that motherfucker was just chillin on my living room couch

Getting ready to Jolteon my rear end

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

At least I managed to hatch a 2.0km egg I had before the servers went down.
Got a pikachu out of it as well, so it seems there can be some decent stuff in them.

Now if only the servers would come back so I could register the last 700m needed for my 10km egg

I just hatched my first 2.0 egg and it was a motherfucking weedle are you loving kidding me gently caress rear end weedle get the gently caress outta my poo poo I'm turning you into delicious candy

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

The Zombie Guy posted:

How many balls did you find there

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Athanatos posted:

Don't worry, that's only because they're doing a staggered release in different regions. Once its readily available worldwide we should have full round-the-clock server outage.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

deadwing posted:

I just hatched my first 2.0 egg and it was a motherfucking weedle are you loving kidding me gently caress rear end weedle get the gently caress outta my poo poo I'm turning you into delicious candy

I have far, far more eggs than I can reasonably hatch. Does it count the distance based on GPS or steps? Because I need to go grab a citi bike and do laps in the park to get these 5KMs out.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

deadwing posted:

ya, I've hatched four 2.0 eggs, and with the exception of the Pikachu, they were all Zubats.

Then again, you get a lot of candy from hatching, it seems.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Pakled posted:

Also it's pretty rare.

Are they? I got one at work after using an incense, and they were spawning like crazy at the gas station down the street when I was there yesterday.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
Welp. Snorlax is blocking the road again...

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Well I'm out of pokeballs and the only pokestop is the Episcopalian church that yelled at me for using their parking lot once so I guess I am done with the game unless I someday move to washington dc. Suburban NJ is dead as gently caress. gently caress you i'm not driving five minutes to hit up a water tower for three pokeballs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Krinkle posted:

Well I'm out of pokeballs and the only pokestop is the Episcopalian church that yelled at me for using their parking lot once so I guess I am done with the game unless I someday move to washington dc. Suburban NJ is dead as gently caress. gently caress you i'm not driving five minutes to hit up a water tower for three pokeballs.

if you arent willing to travel, i guess the pokemon masters life just aint for you

• Locked thread