Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Mr Underhill posted:

You just walk around with a huge loving killing machine like that? On the streets of Dallas? I'm being serious, this is mind blowing to this Eastern European.

We actually get a lot of those big guns from Eastern Europe. Thanks for the guns!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Mr Underhill posted:

Did that guy who surrendered to the police and actually had nothing to do with it REALLY walk around with that huge loving weapon? Is that actually a thing in the USA? Holy poo poo. You just walk around with a huge loving killing machine like that? On the streets of Dallas? I'm being serious, this is mind blowing to this Eastern European.

yeah we have a right to bear arms and that includes openly bringing a rifle to a protest, it's actually kinda cool

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."
I just walk around New Orleans with a handgun. Tapping the trigger kinda absent-mindedly whenever I want to cut in line for a hot dog or whatever really works wonders.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
Lol lady on Fox NEWS just slipped up and said "...this fallacy that good guys with guns stop black... bad guys with gun"

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

Syndic Thrass posted:

Lol lady on Fox NEWS just slipped up and said "...this fallacy that good guys with guns stop black... bad guys with gun"

Reparations POW!

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Mr Underhill posted:

Did that guy who surrendered to the police and actually had nothing to do with it REALLY walk around with that huge loving weapon? Is that actually a thing in the USA? Holy poo poo. You just walk around with a huge loving killing machine like that? On the streets of Dallas? I'm being serious, this is mind blowing to this Eastern European.

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
Hm, okay. Don't take this the wrong way, wasn't there a whole narrative on how people carrying could just take on these terrorists? Come on, dude, don't just give up your gun to the cops, what was the point of having it in the first place? Would he have surrendered it if he was white? This is all very confusing.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

OlmanRiver posted:

I legitimately tried to keep my kid off the interent. I asked all my family when he was born to not put his pictures up. I made a private snapfish that I kept updated for the people who loved him to see.

This stoped NOTHING. I beged once they started going up, I tried getting mad, I tried messaging facebook to take them down.

Its IMPOSSIBLE, and people have no respect for those who wish to have a small internet footprint for their child.

Then last week, at 4.5 years old he started asking to make his own youtube videos after seeing kids do unboxing videos on their toys. I lost the battle and my wife removed the restrictions on the family.

When hes 25 and his entire childhood is on the internet like that jim carry movie I wonder what his opinion will be.

People posted pictures of my kids that I didn't want posted and refused to take them down. I reported them to Facebook as pictures of my kids and they were instantly taken down by Facebook and the user was threatened with potential legal action if they reupload them.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

these douches bringing guns to airports/etc are just attention whores, nothing more.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Lord Frankenstyle fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Jul 8, 2016

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

Its not a loving GUN its a powder actuated rifled projectile deliverance system. Its no different than what construction guys use to frame houses! And no, sir, you should not feel concerned that its pointing directly at your cock and balls.

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."

Mr Underhill posted:

Hm, okay. Don't take this the wrong way, wasn't there a whole narrative on how people carrying could just take on these terrorists? Come on, dude, don't just give up your gun to the cops, what was the point of having it in the first place? Would he have surrendered it if he was white? This is all very confusing.

Yeah it turns out untrained idiots with like 3 hours of shooting range time aren't mentally able to handle actual combat. Egg on our faces.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Darth123123 posted:

these douches bringing guns to airports/etc are just attention whores, nothing more.

same but about angry people shooting cops

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Hatebag posted:

I saw a police bbq the other day & i gotta say that those husky blobs in blue could stand to take in less bbq.

Faternal order of police

Maw engorgement officers.

I always thought they were supposed to have fitness tests and psych evaluations regularly. And yet it seems like a disproportionate number of cops are just fat bullies with complexes and guns. Its like these forces don't teach discipline either.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

McNutty posted:

Yeah it turns out untrained idiots with like 3 hours of shooting range time aren't mentally able to handle actual combat. Egg on our faces.

but enough about the police

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Blue Train posted:

but enough about the police

blammo

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Mr Underhill posted:

that guy was smart enough to know that a black dude carrying a rifle had zero chance of leaving that protest alive once the shooting started.

If he was white he probably would have been OK to keep it because cops would have at least hesitated to shoot an armed white dude. Not a black guy though.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Blast of Confetti posted:

out of everyone in the world you could hypothetically kill you picked a puppy killer instead of the isis dudes who threw a 16 year old gay kid off a building gj

Boy you found me out. Clearly as I am upset about a dog being thrown off a roof, that makes me a homophobe.
G J

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Fire Barrel posted:

I always thought they were supposed to have fitness tests and psych evaluations regularly. And yet it seems like a disproportionate number of cops are just fat bullies with complexes and guns. Its like these forces don't teach discipline either.

i don't think they do because there are some seriously fat cops around here, I saw a guy directing traffic that had to be every bit of 400lbs

if you really want to be a cop the #1 qualification is being able to pass a polygraph test about how much weed you've smoked in your lifetime

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

City of Tampa posted:

if you really want to be a cop the #1 qualification is being able to pass a polygraph test about how much weed you've smoked in your lifetime

you also can't score too high on an IQ test

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
"I'll cover the ground"
"I'll watch the skies."
"And I'll get the word out."
"And I'll cover the streets."

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Ive shared some liberal arts classes with potential cops and my god were there some loving morons sitting in the room with me. One asked 'is Nazi a government?' I don't think we were even talking about the topic that day.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
well is it??

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

City of Tampa posted:

i don't think they do because there are some seriously fat cops around here, I saw a guy directing traffic that had to be every bit of 400lbs

I know a vet who applied to be a cop. He had dated a girl that was 17 that turned out to be the daughter of the police sergeant. He still got hired after he disclosed he had hosed an under age girl.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Shaocaholica posted:

We actually get a lot of those big guns from Eastern Europe. Thanks for the guns!

ya everyone i know into guns is all about that warsaw pact poo poo and have many slav friends who probably ilegally ship them soviet surplus from bosnia

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
i like watching the old eps of cops where the cameraman with 80 lbs of awkward 20th century electronics is a graceful gazelle trailing the suspect and then running back to the pig wheezing halfway over a residential fence

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

City of Tampa posted:

Blue Train posted:

you also can't score too high on an IQ test

Low standards for recruits probably means lower pay I guess, cause beyond that there is no real reason why you'd actively seek the bottom of the barrel, and that is accounting for the fact that lots of departments require a bachelor's degree now.

2016 keeps outdoing itself to see how bad it can get. And we've still a bunch more months left, the election, and the Rio Olympics!

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
cops dont actually want to risk their lives to uphold the law. they want impunity to 'defend' themselves from harmless old men and thuggish looking youth

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Fire Barrel posted:

Low standards for recruits probably means lower pay I guess, cause beyond that there is no real reason why you'd actively seek the bottom of the barrel, and that is accounting for the fact that lots of departments require a bachelor's degree now.

It is so you don't get bored instantly and quit after they pay to train your rear end. Because being a loving cop is so dull you kinda have to be slow to handle it. Or at least that is the company line.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Zombie Boat posted:

He still got hired after he disclosed he had hosed an under age girl.

That's the first practical test for joining the Oakland PD.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

City of Tampa posted:

that guy was smart enough to know that a black dude carrying a rifle had zero chance of leaving that protest alive once the shooting started.

If he was white he probably would have been OK to keep it because cops would have at least hesitated to shoot an armed white dude. Not a black guy though.

indeed

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I desperately need more details about this killer-robot

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

http://www.thoughtsandprayersthegame.com/

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

is that rodney lee

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Preoptopus posted:

Ive shared some liberal arts classes with potential cops and my god were there some loving morons sitting in the room with me. One asked 'is Nazi a government?' I don't think we were even talking about the topic that day.

when i was 16 i worked with a guy who thought cops were the poo poo and would go talk to them on the clock (read: annoyed the poo poo out of off-duty cops) and wanted to be a cop when he grew up. he was highly mentally unstable and prone to violence and he ended up getting fired bc he would throw temper tantrums n break poo poo. he was also dumb as poo poo but thought he was smarter than everyone else so he would talk down to you while u were fixing the poo poo he broke it was p incredible

he is now a cop

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

lol

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
man i go to sleep and the cops score the world's first eod bot kill??? awesome

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Darth123123 posted:

First time police have ever executed someone by Bombot.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnashrulla/heres-what-we-know-about-the-bomb-robot?bftwnews&utm_term=.pgGY6Qg43#.ifd8wbR9v

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/dallas-police-ambush/dallas-police-used-robot-bomb-kill-ambush-suspect-mayor-n605896
"If someone is shooting at the police, the police are, generally speaking, going to be authorized to eliminate that threat by shooting them, or by stabbing them with a knife, or by running them over with a vehicle," Stoughton said. "Once lethal force is justified and appropriate, the method of delivery I doubt it's legally relevant."

fuckin drones are coming

why couldn't they just use some kind of knock out gas? it has a chance of killing, but im sure less than a bomb

heffsay
Mar 5, 2013

McNutty posted:

I just walk around New Orleans with a handgun. Tapping the trigger kinda absent-mindedly whenever I want to cut in line for a hot dog or whatever really works wonders.

I call bullshit. They're called Lucky Dogs you poser son of a bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

lol americans

• Locked thread