Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Gaben can afford to give less than zero shits at this point.dude could probably fill a swimming pool with cash if he ever felt like it.

Gaben is not someone i forsee having a pool or anything like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Rrussom posted:

there are inflatable floating recliners, it's not like he /swims/ in it or anything

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Patware posted:

there are inflatable floating recliners, it's not like he /swims/ in it or anything

Ya right as if he'd get off of his mobility scooter.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
A pool of knives

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Patware posted:

Fat is buoyant in water, why would you think he needs help staying afloat?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Jusupov posted:

A pool of knives

Now I'm imagining a giant Scrooge McDuck styled money pit full of eccentric knives, and Gabe somehow inexplicably paddling around in it.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

ToxicSlurpee posted:

dude could probably fill a swimming pool with cash if he ever felt like it.

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!
Starbound is officially coming out July 22nd! :hype:

Developer Q&A going on right now. This ought to be good.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
:catstare:

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

I know I bought this sandbox exploration game for its extensive storytelling and lore.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I'll start preparing a new OP. Should we do a new thread? On one hand, it may not be any different than the last two, but on the other hand, this one is 160 pages...

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

A monument to our sins

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
I think the actual release deserves a new thread, so it isn't filled with pages upon pages of complaints and mockery of the Early Access version before there's any discussion of the completed game. Let the new thread be filled with pages upon pages of complaints and mockery of the finished product!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Starbound: Let The Water Hold Me Down

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Mountaineer posted:

I think the actual release deserves a new thread, so it isn't filled with pages upon pages of complaints and mockery of the Early Access version before there's any discussion of the completed game. Let the new thread be filled with pages upon pages of complaints and mockery of the finished product!

Yeah, this is a good idea.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Starbound: We're on a road to nowhere

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Rrussom posted:

Au contraire: http://imgur.com/gallery/akrWz

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
I can't wait to play Starbound again. I need to warm up the disappointment centers of my brain before No Man's Sky comes out.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Babe Magnet posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Starbound: Let The Water Hold Me Down

Starbound: it's been three thousand years...

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Starbound: Coming Thick and Fast Since 2013

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

They better have a lot more than what's available in the nightlies or this poo poo is going to be hilarious

aw who am i kidding, it's going to be hilarious no matter what

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!
Huh. Well, iv'e always been one to be a little skeptical when a game is catching flak sometimes if only for the sake of providing counterpoints...but there is no way starbound is ready to leave early access. I'm sure i'll play it and give it a shot with my friends (misery is better with company) but this doesn't feel...finished. It needs alot of balancing and tweaking.

Also, anyone else feel like this may be the last major update we ever see for this? I feel like Tiy is just gonna put out this last update and be like "yeah, it's perfect! No need to change anything!" or, worse yet "Oh well i'm sure modders will fix it up!"

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

I'm the naked jumping book gaben

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Holy poo poo, an official release date. I guess that means Chucklefish have finally fixed all the problems with their title. :downs:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i can't believe this poo poo is finally coming out

i'd have rather spent the money on mn9 tbh

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

i can't believe this poo poo is finally coming out

Now, let's now get crazy here

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
So in a mere two weeks, Starbound will finally be good. Awesome

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I just tried the nightly which is 1.0 for about 3 hours...

Guys.

Starbound...

is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

OrangeSoda posted:

Also, anyone else feel like this may be the last major update we ever see for this? I feel like Tiy is just gonna put out this last update and be like "yeah, it's perfect! No need to change anything!" or, worse yet "Oh well i'm sure modders will fix it up!"

Unfortunately, that's already the faint hope for some of the stuff they have actually "Finished" (I want my loving lumber grown while I'm out space adventuring :argh: Not over an hour of in zone time to ensure bananas stay watered for one harvest!)

But yeah for what progress they have made of late, with everything that has already gone before, and their attitudes towards it, it is really easy to see them popping it out the launch chute from a combination of honestly thinking they did full job, as much as just to get it over with and grab that influx of launch cash.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Meldonox posted:

Holy poo poo, an official release date. I guess that means Chucklefish have finally fixed all the problems with their title. :downs:

It's gonna be Spacebase DF-9 all over again when they slap 1.0 on an obviously incomplete product.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

swirl starbound around in your goblet. that rich terraria body. get a whiff. hints of symphony of the night combat. aged in an indie dev barrel. plus some things no one's done before. mmm. 2013. a good year. ship it boys

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Section Z posted:

Unfortunately, that's already the faint hope for some of the stuff they have actually "Finished" (I want my loving lumber grown while I'm out space adventuring :argh: Not over an hour of in zone time to ensure bananas stay watered for one harvest!)

But yeah for what progress they have made of late, with everything that has already gone before, and their attitudes towards it, it is really easy to see them popping it out the launch chute from a combination of honestly thinking they did full job, as much as just to get it over with and grab that influx of launch cash.

lol no one is buying this garbage fire of a game again unless it's a 99 cent deal or part of a bundle where it's cheaper to get the complete chucklefish catalog than star dew valley by itself. I think it's hilarious if they think finishing it would actually bring new revenue rather than just hide the black eye.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I'd say they'll at least save money no longer paying the token workers to dick around on starbound but that would imply chucklefish was paying their devs.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i look forward to mining the data files to see if they actually have the backer npc names hidden somewhere, and if they don't, i'm gonna find out if i can do a three-year-old chargeback

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Mokinokaro posted:

It's gonna be Spacebase DF-9 all over again when they slap 1.0 on an obviously incomplete product.
For all my disappointments with Starbound's direction, it's never going to be as big a gently caress you or unfinished product as DF-9.

Coolness Averted posted:

lol no one is buying this garbage fire of a game again unless it's a 99 cent deal or part of a bundle where it's cheaper to get the complete chucklefish catalog than star dew valley by itself. I think it's hilarious if they think finishing it would actually bring new revenue rather than just hide the black eye.

You underestimate the sandbox players who unironically think every extra hurdle added not only is a great idea, but suggest how to make it harder/more obtuse. Sure it likely won't go anywhere near it's early life sales, but it's definitely going to grab more people who were excited for it to hit launch status.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

The White Dragon posted:

i look forward to mining the data files to see if they actually have the backer npc names hidden somewhere, and if they don't, i'm gonna find out if i can do a three-year-old chargeback

pffft, like any of the backer poo poo ever got accomplished. I believe they outright ignored 90% of them.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

voltcatfish posted:

That's going too far.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

oddium posted:

swirl starbound around in your goblet. that rich terraria body. get a whiff. hints of symphony of the night combat. aged in an indie dev barrel. plus some things no one's done before. mmm. 2013. a good year. ship it boys

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

HotCanadianChick posted:

Fat is buoyant in water, why would you think he needs help staying afloat?

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

Ya right as if he'd get off of his mobility scooter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Starbound!!!!!!

You did it guys!!!

• Locked thread