Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
please give me the bad hand man i need him

also the chorus of chase is already stuck in my head, that song speaks a lot to the dumb hype punk songs part of my brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i really love the specific detail put into the eye at the end

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

enjoyed flashback man not having a voice

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The colour choices here are exemplary.

Cool calm colours for Rohan, Angry red for Josuke. Kind of like Rohan's the protagonist and Josuke's the villain.

das it mane

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Episode was awesome, new OP great, that song was exactly the style I was hoping it would be

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I decided to make a list of all of the allusions I noticed in the OP.

* Superfly in the background at the start?
* The soup cans with women's hands on them and the bloody suitcases representing Kira.
* Shigechi shows up a number of times.
* The photos are destroyed by Killer Queen.
* Kira trimming his fingernails while Shigechi feeds the pigeons.
* The two Ratt Stand Users running across the top of the screen while Josuke and the others are walking.
* Echoes Act 3 + Hazamada and Koichi affected by Heaven's Door in the background?
* Aya and Cinderella with Yukako.
* The shots of Kira's hand holding a severed hand + Kira's dad with the second arrow.
* Reimi, her dog, and the ghost alleyway.
* The main cast getting shot at by arrows, representing Kira's dad sending Stand Users to fight them?
* Kira at the end with Killer Queen's eyes. :allears:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I decided to make a list of all of the allusions I noticed in the OP.

* Superfly in the background at the start?
* The soup cans with women's hands on them and the bloody suitcases representing Kira.
* Shigechi shows up a number of times.
* The photos are destroyed by Killer Queen.
* Kira trimming his fingernails while Shigechi feeds the pigeons.
* The two Ratt Stand Users running across the top of the screen while Josuke and the others are walking.
* Echoes Act 3 + Hazamada and Koichi affected by Heaven's Door in the background?
* Aya and Cinderella with Yukako.
* The shots of Kira's hand holding a severed hand + Kira's dad with the second arrow.
* Reimi, her dog, and the ghost alleyway.
* The main cast getting shot at by arrows, representing Kira's dad sending Stand Users to fight them?
* Kira at the end with Killer Queen's eyes. :allears:

Three people are reflected in Kira's fingernail, though I can't tell who they are. Maybe Reimi, Aya, and Shigechi?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
That's what I'm trying to figure out. The largest one almost looks like Yukako but that doesn't seem right.

Also the pattern behind Aya and Yukako looks like a road which could be Highway Star but I feel we'll have a new OP before then.

Any idea what the flowers, cake, and gifts where the two rats run across is referring to or am I just really dense?

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jul 8, 2016

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Hey does anyone have the panels with the pompadour guy in the manga? Because while I haven't read Part 4 I know about Bites the Dust. I ask because the anime might be leaning really hard on pompadour guy being time-traveling Josuke instead of just a random dude, i.e. he looks exactly like Josuke and he is all bloodied and beaten like he just got out of a fight with Kira.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jul 8, 2016

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Accordion Man posted:

Hey does anyone have the panels with the pompadour guy in the manga? Because while I haven't read Part 4 I know about Bites the Dust. I ask because the anime is leaning really hard on pompadour guy being time-traveling Josuke instead of just a random dude, i.e. he looks exactly like Josuke and he is all bloodied and beaten like he just got out a fight with Kira.

Flashback man also looked like he just got out of a fight.

E:

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I predict a third OP after Sheer Heart Attack, or maybe Atom Heart Father

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Accordion Man posted:

Hey does anyone have the panels with the pompadour guy in the manga? Because while I haven't read Part 4 I know about Bites the Dust. I ask because the anime is leaning really hard on pompadour guy being time-traveling Josuke instead of just a random dude, i.e. he looks exactly like Josuke and he is all bloodied and beaten like he just got out of a fight with Kira.

He's beaten and bloody in the manga too

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
So it's just Araki trolling really hard then, the scamp.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jul 8, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'll fight to the death that while the random passerby was meant to be Josuke at one point, but Araki never going back to it and the rando man becoming a symbol of Morioh's Golden Spirit is way way better

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Actually now that I think of it, Josuke's way worse for wear after the final Kira fight than Flashback man is.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
In a flashback narrated secondhand, from the memories of someone who was drifting in and out of consciousness at the time, Josuke closely resembles the person he consciously models his appearance off of. What could it mean?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Raserys posted:

I predict a third OP after Sheer Heart Attack, or maybe Atom Heart Father

I believe most 39 episode predictions have Cour 3 starting on I am an Alien, so probably then. Either way, it comes at the start of cour 3 or the second ep of the cour.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Moltrey posted:

Any idea what the flowers, cake, and gifts where the two rats run across is referring to or am I just really dense?

No idea about the gifts, but the flower+cake looks to be one of Ratt's goo balls.

On the same scene opposite to Ratt there's some bills and coins, presumably from the lottery?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm telling you Not-Josuke is confusing at first sight, man.

I like Chase, although I think it's the most "normal" JoJo OP song so far. Mostly because it's the kind of music I listen to anyway. Also they used Kira 2.0 as the Kira design at the end, huh? Cute, what with the focus on Cinderella and all.

edit: don't type while watching OPs

Dias fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 8, 2016

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Even though I doubt they would do it I would like if David reordered some things so Shigechi and Aya don't die the episode after they are introduced.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
also shigechi :smith:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Animated Shigechi is a lot cuter than manga/ASB Shigechi so maybe I'll finally feel bad when Kira murders a fifth grader over a misunderstanding

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He steals Kira's waifu. Shigechi deserves it all.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah i'm not holding my breath, im so loving excited to see kira kill that child

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Harvest is a great chapter and I respect Shigechi for starring in it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Never rub another man's rhubarb, Shigechi.

grancheater posted:

No idea about the gifts, but the flower+cake looks to be one of Ratt's goo balls.

On the same scene opposite to Ratt there's some bills and coins, presumably from the lottery?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Harvest is a very good chapter and I respect Shigechi for giving his life so Kira can have a very cool introduction chapter.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Shigechi is a massive poo poo kid when he shows up and he dies before getting actual character development so it's hard to feel sorry for him but c'mon

he's feeding the pigeons

then kira happens

:smith:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

ugh, it's tough to discuss the flashback with anime only viewers when they know you've read the manga. they think i'm spoiling them just because i don't think the flashback featured future josuke

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Imagine if it were Koichi who got killed by Kira.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Legit cried when I saw Reimi and Arnold in the OP and you can see the huge cut in Arnold's throat :ohdear:

a good dog

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Condiv posted:

ugh, it's tough to discuss the flashback with anime only viewers when they know you've read the manga. they think i'm spoiling them just because i don't think the flashback featured future josuke

I mean

you kinda did

Josuke Higashikata posted:

no i can't bear even the thought of losing my baby

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
The flashback fan theory must die.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

alright now we're talking go on

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Bad Seafood posted:

The flashback fan theory must die.

Blame David then, they just made it even more ambiguous.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Moltrey posted:

alright now we're talking go on

I told you to imagine, not me.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Fatty and his stand of pure BEEEEEEES! were too good for this world.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

I told you to imagine, not me.
Oh I am, trust me, and it's good. I imagine this is what you feel when you think of DIO killing Kakyoin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amaryllis
Aug 14, 2007

Nobody makes a fool out of Rohan Kishibe!

Condiv posted:

Not only that but now manga readers are for some reason also talking about it like it's possible that David will add in a time-travel scene and getting excited about it(???). It works so much better when the flashback dude is just a random stranger with a heart of gold and it would be so dumb for David to change it that I can't believe anyone who's read the whole thing is seriously entertaining the idea.