Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

RareAcumen posted:

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be getting out of this
Rohan Kishibe and Heaven's Door are in the wrong places

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Moltrey posted:

smh if you don't think Rohan Kishibe could be a Stand

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm going to spoiler tag this, but it's not a huge spoiler imo:

He's just a random passerby with the pomp. He's not relevant ever again. You can't see any of his details or whatever because it's not important, and they drove it by making him unidentifiable by voice because of that. He's just a kind stranger who inspired Josuke to live with that same kindness. He's basically a symbol of Morioh itself, which is a character of its own.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Yeah, this OP is the most generic-anime JoJo's gotten, but I still dig the visuals and how much of future episodes they got so there's that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Based on the visuals in this OP I think we're gonna have this one until the end.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

e: curse you forums

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Josuke Higashikata posted:

He's just a random passerby with the pomp. He's not relevant ever again. You can't see any of his details or whatever because it's not important, and they drove it by making him unidentifiable by voice because of that. He's just a kind stranger who inspired Josuke to live with that same kindness. He's basically a symbol of Morioh itself, which is a character of its own.
I actually think the anime is going to deviate from the manga with this, but explaining why would be massive spoilers not fit for this thread.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Accordion Man posted:

I actually think the anime is going to deviate from the manga with this, but explaining why would be massive spoilers not fit for this thread.

Please post it in the manga thread then because I feel the way it is is 100% better thematically for Part 4 and I'd be annoyed they changed it.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

I made a post and the forum said I was the last poster but it never actually posted???

Accordion Man posted:

I'd be interested in hearing why if you want to post it in the manga thread.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Moltrey posted:

oh, lol

MrAristocrates posted:

Based on the visuals in this OP I think we're gonna have this one until the end.

I'm banking on a third one because of changes the story and characters go through trying to find the villain.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MrAristocrates posted:

They've confirmed that this OP is for Cour 2 only.

Accordion Man posted:

They've kept in so many things that are retconned, plot holes or irrelevant and eventually make no sense, such as Stands being ghost hamon and requiring good breathing to work properly, DIO's coffin. They're not changing this, something which isn't a plot hole or anything.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jul 8, 2016

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

RareAcumen posted:

oh, lol

I'm banking on a third one because of changes the story and characters go through trying to find the villain.

I have two main reasons I think they won't change the OP but it's entirely possible they'll switch. If they do bother switching, I pretty much know exactly when they'll do it, however

They've confirmed that this OP is for Cour 2 only.

Huh, well then disregard. That does explain some stuff.

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
the new op is very typical shonen in a good way i think

TheComicFiend
Oct 4, 2013

Let's Survive

After all these years, I think it might be that..

There's a weird glimmer coming out of Josuke right before the pompadour guy shows up and I kind of get the feeling that the pompadour guy that showed up is... somehow a not-yet-complete version of Crazy Diamond? That sorta explains why he doesn't show up again... oh wait never mind this probably doesn't work because Tomoko saw it never mind sorry. Spirit of Morioh it is.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I think the new OP is really good

Part 4 is peak shonen for JoJos and this is a really great shonen OP

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
New OP song is meh but the animation is loving great and continues the David Pro stance of slipping in so much foreshadowing and symbolism it's crazy.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

New OP song is meh but the animation is loving great and continues the David Pro stance of slipping in so much foreshadowing and symbolism it's crazy.

Echoed, I think this is the first JoJo OP that felt totally flat for me, musically. Not that I didn't like it, but it felt like a very by-the-numbers shonen opening song, and didn't have the bombast of the others. We'll see though, as time goes on I could grow on it.

hoobajoo fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jul 8, 2016

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
That was a Full Metal Alchemist-rear end OP. I liked Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town better

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I guess it's not...flashy like the other OPs. Even Stand Proud had dumb JOJOs spread around the song and it's probably the closest we got to regular-shonen-OP. I like it because I like this sort of music anyway, hehe.

The OP itself I think is a lot better than Bizarre Town.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Dragonwagon posted:

I miss Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town already.

Also, that guy in the flashback looked a looot like Josuke so I guess there will be some time travel shenanigans at some point???

Araki forgot

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Dias posted:

I guess it's not...flashy like the other OPs. Even Stand Proud had dumb JOJOs spread around the song and it's probably the closest we got to regular-shonen-OP. I like it because I like this sort of music anyway, hehe.

The OP itself I think is a lot better than Bizarre Town.

Not flashy and regular. A perfect song for Joey's Normal Excursion.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I think the OP fits pretty perfectly with the tonal shift we are going into in the next couple of episodes.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 8, 2016

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

See, at first Josuke may seem like he has that hairstyle because he's all about that delinquent life, but it's actually because he wants to be a good boy every day :kimchi:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zaggitz posted:

I think the OP fits pretty perfectly with the tonal shift we are going ito in the next couple of episodes.

Oh, it does. Welcome to the "poo poo gets real" part of DiU, friends.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't think the song is bad, but it's the first week, I'll need more time to get my full opinion.

That said, if it's evoking shonen feelings, particularly 90's style shonen, it's mission accomplished 'cos that is DiU.

No complaints over the visuals, as usual. As a manga reader, there's so much more in this OP to admire and comb over than CNBT's visuals (which still rule), it's a joy to watch.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I mean, poo poo does get real, but we have like three episodes at least until then I think so the change in tone kinda just feels weird right now

e: I'm probably misremembering the order of some poo poo though

e2: yeah I switched up the two arcs after the next one

Arist fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 8, 2016

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

On the other hand, we had Sono Chi no Kioku play in an episode immediately after Iggy farted in Polnareff's face as well as in the Boingo/Hol Horse team-up.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

poo poo just got real all over Rohan's teeth alrighty

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I love the new op so much

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

I loved the last ep! It's definitely one of my favourites so far, second only to the eps with old Joseph in them.

Rohan turned out to be quite a different character than I was expecting. He's so earnest about his work that it's commendable and yet also pathetic. Now that he's on hiatus due to his injuries I wonder if he's suffering over his work not being in the public consciousness for that time or if he's delighting in the new material he's got from the experience. (Next chapter of Pink Dark Boy, an in-depth hospital experience...)

And watching the ep, I thought that the joke was going to be that Josuke would be able to keep his cool, contrary to Koichi and Rohan's guesses, but nope! Very much the contrary.

I'm not very keen on the new OP. I liked all of the other JoJo OPs so far a lot better. There are some interesting things in there, though. Joseph's near the start, so I can assume he won't be leaving the story immediately. It looks as if things are going to get grimmer and focus on Josuke vs a central villain, and, well, those suitcases with blood pooling under them look ominous. I thought for a moment that I saw a row of jars with hands in them, but it was just soup tins with hands on the label. But we have already seen scenes with mysterious chopped off arms.

I was surprised to see Yukako in some scenes there; it looks as if Yukako will be playing some further role and interacting with that woman she's sitting next to. I do hope the dotted white line in that scene doesn't indicate that that woman's arm is going to get cut off. But it would be very nice to see Yukako interacting with anyone who isn't Koichi.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Pidgin posted:

(4:10:04 PM) Mezzo: I bet in Rohan's version he's gonna write the time travel plot twist.
(4:10:11 PM) Hob: Shhhh.

She still thinks his hair is bad and made hair jokes the whole episode. :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 8, 2016

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Van Dine posted:

Rohan turned out to be quite a different character than I was expecting. He's so earnest about his work that it's commendable and yet also pathetic.

he's not pathetic. ron kissboy is the perfect character, and the perfect husband

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's justifiably smug but he learned the hard way the power of the best stand.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
anybody who does not wish to kiss rohan is severely hosed up

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

maybe after he washes the spider juice out of his mouth

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

RubberLuffy posted:

maybe after he washes the spider juice out of his mouth

look you have to take the good and the bad when it comes to husbandos

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
New OP was ok, but the ep itself was super excellent

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

only if he brushed his teeth directly before hand.

spider legs get caught in teeth easily

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

look you have to take the good and the bad when it comes to husbandos

Sorry but spiders are just a dealbreaker for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

RubberLuffy posted:

Sorry but spiders are just a dealbreaker for me

next thing you'll say is "I wouldn't kiss yellow koniku because he eats beetles"

• Locked thread