Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
"You couldn't make her pants low enough, so you made individual pants for each leg! SAY IT!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Toshimo posted:

Yeah, it's kinda disappointing. Especially because if you fill in the boob window on Green Lantern, her outfit is actually pretty great for a Mountain-Climber-turned-Close-Range-Brawler Green Lantern.

Here she is talking smack and kicking someone in the face:

And here's the statue she's based on:

The pant sleeve things are p great for conveying motion and the high collar is hella cool.

this is loving terrible, what are you even talking about

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Toshimo posted:

For badass quota, here's the GL oath of the Ame-Comi Green Lantern (Jade YiFei), a blind Chinese mountain climber who uses her power ring to create headphones that give her Daredevil-style hearing and echo-location:

Why is the white-faced girl trying to eat her pant leg?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"You couldn't make her pants low enough, so you made individual pants for each leg! SAY IT!"

It's the style, Uncle Malachite!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

For this thread, Toshimo has been secretly replaced with Dark_Titz.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

SynthOrange posted:

For this thread, Toshimo has been secretly replaced with Dark_Titz.

Honestly, that's exactly what I was thinking.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

I was listening to Journey into Misery earlier, and they brought up Guardian's death in Alpha Flight 12, something which stuck in my mind as well.

The page where the numbers of the countdown are the panels is particularly cool. Yeah it's John Byrne, I like his art but not the man himself. EDIT: Forgot the last page. :doh:

Toshimo posted:

Yeah, it's kinda disappointing. Especially because if you fill in the boob window on Green Lantern, her outfit is actually pretty great for a Mountain-Climber-turned-Close-Range-Brawler Green Lantern.

Here she is talking smack and kicking someone in the face:

And here's the statue she's based on:

The pant sleeve things are p great for conveying motion and the high collar is hella cool.

Stick to shitposting in the EDH thread, Toshi.

Lightning Lord fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jul 8, 2016

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

TwoPair posted:

It's the style, Uncle Malachite!

She should tie an onion to her belt.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Sorry, I have a crippling heroine addiction.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Based purely on the strength of that pun I think we should forgive him.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah but he's a really obnoxious poster and two posts after a mod saying "throttle back the anime" posting the most anime comics possible that in no way qualify as badass is pretty flagrant

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Four Score posted:

Yeah but he's a really obnoxious poster and two posts after a mod saying "throttle back the anime" posting the most anime comics possible that in no way qualify as badass is pretty flagrant

I (re)posted Moon Knight. :colbert:

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
read what I wrote and then count WH

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Man, why is everyone in the mood to scrutinize all posts on comedy forum somethingawful today.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

WickedHate posted:

Man, why is everyone in the mood to scrutinize all posts on comedy forum somethingawful today.

Because it's Something Awful?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
You got me there.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

WickedHate posted:

Today is just a bummer day. :shrug:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I also fear the influence of the perfidious oriental on the Badass Panels thread here on Something Awful Dot Com

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Isn't JoJo manga, and doesn't that fall under the purview of this forum?

SiKboy posted:

Isnt that literally just "Comics"?

By that I mean Western cartoonists adapting manga, like how manga artists have adapted superhero comics.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Toshimo posted:

For badass quota, here's the GL oath of the Ame-Comi Green Lantern (Jade YiFei), a blind Chinese mountain climber who uses her power ring to create headphones that give her Daredevil-style hearing and echo-location:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv0ZPj0JLQ4

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Lightning Lord posted:

Isn't JoJo manga, and doesn't that fall under the purview of this forum?
2 pages of discussing a manga (or anything!) in a panels thread is generally going to be frowned upon.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Mr. Maltose posted:

I also fear the influence of the perfidious oriental on the Badass Panels thread here on Something Awful Dot Com

Godzilla #23

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Uncanny Inhumans #11

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
But it doesn't even look like any of those cars turn into Iron Man suits? Why blow up a rich guy's garage, even if he is a dick? (And not like Medusa's not an rear end in a top hat anyway)

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

How did he get the planes in there?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Toshimo posted:

Sorry, I have a crippling heroine addiction.

Yeah, Killing Joke is my favorite too

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Gaz-L posted:

But it doesn't even look like any of those cars turn into Iron Man suits? Why blow up a rich guy's garage, even if he is a dick? (And not like Medusa's not an rear end in a top hat anyway)

A distraction, presumably?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Gaz-L posted:

You answered your own question there pal: Medusa's an rear end in a top hat.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Gaz-L posted:

In retaliation for Iron Man kidnapping Ulysses (only for a bit), the inhuman are attacking/blowing up all of Stark's personal properties and assets without actually hurting anyone or anything related to Stark Industries. Basically they just want to piss off Stark without actually killing him.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

He can build self-powered, flying robot suits that can lift up literal tons out of spit and bailing wire and you're questioning how he got a couple planes into a warehouse?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

They don't have a single scratch on them, so I'd say "quite well".

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Let's let logistics get in the way of enjoying Lockjaw's slobber grenade tactics.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Yeah, a dog just teleported in there and barfed up a dozen grenades, and the airplanes in a garage are your biggest concern?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

CzarChasm posted:

Holy poo poo lol

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

CzarChasm posted:

Everyone needs to shut up about the logistics of Stark's garage and appreciate this :master:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Uncanny Inhumans #11

Don't make Lockjaw party to such rudeness. :mad:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I like a Lockjaw that's up for whatever.

Though, it'll be funny if at the climax of Civil Wartoo Medusa's got some big violent action planned and it's dividing the Inhumans, and she's like "Go then you cowards! I know you'll always be faithful, Lockjaw" and he goes "Ruh uh" and ports over to join Tony's team.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

In retaliation for Iron Man kidnapping Ulysses (only for a bit), the inhuman are attacking/blowing up all of Stark's personal properties and assets without actually hurting anyone or anything related to Stark Industries. Basically they just want to piss off Stark without actually killing him.

Tony at least agrees he had it coming, but I'd give the guy a bit of a break considering he's the poster child for mentally shaky superheroes after his science bro Bruce. By break I mean going to jail for kidnapping like normal people instead of waging a private war to break all his toys.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Honestly, i really appreciate this. It is perfectly petty and hilarious, with no need for mw to feel bad because oh no, what about his employees . It's me. I am fhe person who worries about the nameless employees caught up in superhero stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

KittyEmpress posted:

I am fhe person who worries about the nameless employees caught up in superhero stuff.

Well, I'm a contractor myself. I'm a roofer (Dunn and Reddy Home Improvements) and speaking as a roofer, I can say that a roofer's personal politics come heavily into play when choosing jobs. Three months ago I was offered a job up in the hills. A beautiful house with tons of property. It was a simple reshingling job, but I was told that if it was finished within a day, my price would be doubled. Then I realized whose house it was. Wilson Fisk's, the gangster.

The money was right, but the risk was too big. I knew who he was, and based on that, I passed the job on to a friend of mine, and that week, the Punisher hit the house. My friend was shot and killed. He wasn't even finished shingling. I'm alive because I knew there were risks involved taking on that particular client. My friend wasn't so lucky. You know, any contractor willing to work for Stark knew the risks. If they were killed, it was their own fault. A roofer listens to his heart, not his wallet.